Universal wants another Hulk movie!

According to Box Office Mojo, TIH has grossed almost $207 million world wide. With a production of $150 million that's about a $50 million profit after 3 weeks in the theater; enough for a sequel??

How exactly? Sequels VERY RARELY cost less than their predecessors.

The villain would be Tim Blake Nelson painted green with some prosthetics on his head, not a fully CG Abomination.

According to Box Office Mojo, TIH has grossed almost $207 million world wide. With a production of $150 million that's about a $50 million profit after 3 weeks in the theater; enough for a sequel??

That's not 50mil in profit. They haven't made a profit yet. You have to take in account the theatres get there cut. Besides how many times to I have to post this. Just because the budget was 150mil doesn't mean they spent 150mil. That's just how much money was set aside for the film.

That's not 50mil in profit. They haven't made a profit yet. You have to take in account the theatres get there cut. Besides how many times to I have to post this. Just because the budget was 150mil doesn't mean they spent 150mil. That's just how much money was set aside for the film.

Marvel has stated under their plan 100M would be breaking even on the picture. They've made a pretty penny already on this film.

Marvel has stated under their plan 100M would be breaking even on the picture. They've made a pretty penny already on this film.

I'm not saying they have or haven't made money, hopefully they have. I'm just saying that the 150mil budget is just the amount of money alotted for this film to be made. As with any business you want to stay under budget. No one on here knows what they spent making this movie. Everyone's saying if it doesn't get to 150mil then they lose money or if it goes over 150 they've made money. It's just the budget for the flick not actual cost which could be considerably less which I would assume it would be less if they did there job.

Not even close... the facts speak for themselves... you look at Hulk... FF2... all under 300 million. And no sequel to be found. With these big budget films... you have to do 300 million. SR is suprising condering it did 400 yet we have STILL not heard news of a sequel for sure. I would have thought the 200 400 mark would have sufficed but so far it hasn't. I was expecting 350 for TIH. Now I am praying for 300.

LL is doing clash of the titans in 2010 so a sequel look out at the moment.:waa::down:csad:

SR grossed 390 mil if I am not mistaken... but its final cost was 310 mil. That is an 80 mil dollar haul. I am not sure if that is considered good, bad... met expectations of not. But from what I heard, it may not be enough to warrant a sequel. So 80 mil in earnings is a benchmark for reference (but IMDB is listing Superman: Man of Steel is on its way... so I have no idea what's going on).

"Universal and Marvel's reboot "The Incredible Hulk" has been a hit with fanboys, cuming $115.8 million to date. Although "The Incredible Hulk" isn't likely to cume much more than Ang Lee's 2003 "Hulk," which grossed roughly $132 million domestically, U says that's good enough to signal a new film franchise."

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117988335.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Thanks to uberhulk @ www.hulkspace.com
PLEASE UNIVERSAL AND MARVEL!! MAKE IT SO! AND DONT WAIT ANOTHER FIVE YEARS PLEASE!! IT WAS A GREAT MOVIE!! AND IT HAS GREAT REPLAY VALUE! ITS NOT BORING AND IT ******* ROX!!!!!!!!!!:bh:

I'm getting more & more confident in a Hulk sequel by the day. I think we're finally gonna get our franchise! *dances wildly*

Did I just read that correctly?

Although "The Incredible Hulk" isn't likely to cume much more than Ang Lee's 2003 "Hulk," which grossed roughly $132 million domestically, U says that's good enough to signal a new film franchise."

WB did this with Superman Returns to try and boost the box office near the end of it run. Interesting.

This is all OBE at this point, since the movie is tracking to make more than Hulk, and it's probably going to pass it internationally this weekend, as well. By Next friday, it will have passed it in both dom and int. The decision's is Marvel, and after the total tally, I think they will launch another Hulk movie...here's to TIH2!

Yep, there are still people who haven't seen it, so that should be enough money. Oh & don't forget the people who are going to see it again. I wish I could, but I don't have anymore money at the moment.

I'm relying on you guys to go see it again. :D

Marvel royally screwed themselves on this one. The first film was so awful that enough ppl weren't willing to sacrifice their time on the reboot. An entire franchise has basically been crushed. If they had made this film first it could very easily have grossed 200 million or more just on the hype alone.

They didn't 100% screw up but yes, they did screw up enough for me to say they're pathetic. As a fan of movies, this was the very first time I ever promoted a movie so it could make more money, and I've actually gotten people who haven't seen it to go see it. I pray that if a sequel is announced they'll actually market the Hulk correctly seeing as he's up there with Spidey in popularity. He can make those numbers, if they do things correctly.

Marvel royally screwed themselves on this one. The first film was so awful that enough ppl weren't willing to sacrifice their time on the reboot. An entire franchise has basically been crushed. If they had made this film first it could very easily have grossed 200 million or more just on the hype alone.
Interesting breakdown of logic in this post. Hype is independent of a film's quality. If the first film couldn't get 200 million on "hype alone", why would this one? :huh:

im worried about Edward Norton, i really want him to be back as Banner

I'm not too worried as I think he'll come back. He said he's a big fan of the character & he seemed to enjoy portraying the character so I'd like to think he'll be more inclined to return for the rest of the franchise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"