Tim Roth is Emil Blonsky/Abomination in The Incredible Hulk!

It'll be interesting to see how Abomination and the Leader interact. Abomination's power-hungry, but he's still intelligent. That can lead to loads of storyline opportunities.

If only Marvel had the Fantastic Four so we can get the prison in the Negative Zone. The Vault's good though. :up:

I'm pretty sure, if Abomo finds a way back in the the next movie. He'll team up with The Leader, be enhanced with some tech or stronger serum, and have yet, another big ass fight with Hulk.

We're not seeing anything Fantastic Four related for a long...long, long time. Even the Silver Surfer movie's a ways off.

Which is pretty unfortunate. Hope Marvel gets the rights back just so that they can use the characters. A random appearance by Reed Richards would be great in some future movie or even Professor Xavier. Eventually Fox has to renew their rights for these thing right? Marvel can just go ahead and NOT renew it and take their characters back. I mean it's not like Fox will be using them. I think Marvel's already got Daredevil and Elektra back actually. I wish there was somewhere I could get a list.

Okay... one of my gripes for the movie...

Why the heck didn't they kill off Abomination?

With sequel status so uncertain for this project... I would have liked to see some closure... and no I don't want these arcs finished in a rushed Avenger movie. They should have ended that following arc and been done with it. Move on to the Leader. Very frustrating.

I like the fact they kept him alive. I'd love to see him again.

It's just that how likely is a sequel at this point? We are going to have to wait another four years at least. Unless they move Avengers back. I wanted to see some closure. This left it too wide open in my opinion.

As for the final battle... I thought they were too quick with the camera work. Some scenes of Abomination/Hulk flying off the screen but you don't even see for a split second how it happened. If they make a kick ass sequel with Leader/Abomination all will be forgiven. They need to get this sequel out by 2011 instead of Avengers IMO.

And for the rest... I was actually suprised in that the movie did seem way longer than 1:52... I know now why they didn't drag it. Very smart decision on Marvel. The fight scenes dragged and the dialogue was never engaging. I think we got enough character development IMO. I would have liked to see more Banner/Gen. Ross interaction though. Seemed like there was a dialogue scene missing there in that chopper. Where was the history of the past five years? Anyhow... solid movie.

Why is it people wanted
Abomination to die?

Hulk only has two noteworthy villains, and the whole Humanoid angle with
the Leader
is going to be difficult to exploit for big fights even on a large budget.

The sequel needs to wrap up Norton's chase for the cure... Leader obviously... Abomination HAS to be back... it could end up being one of the better two part comic book films we have seen to date... Iron Man can as well but let's look at Hulk for now. I mean the potentials are very enticing. Abomination vs Hulk again though??? They are going to need to mix it up. Definitely a new scenario the second time that fight rolls around. If Norton walks though b/c Marvel decides it's not worth the budget then what?

Hulk vs. Abomy + Humanoids + Hulkbusters would be an epic closer for a sequel.

Actually the more I think about it... since I am in need of closure... do Avengers first... Hulk busters and all... and then do the sequel after that.... that way it can be treated as the last Hulk movie we'll see in a while and they can tie up all the remaining lose ends. I am just praying Norton will be game for another two along with the rest of the cast. The first movie just felt incomplete. And I am not the only one who feels this way that much I know for a fact.

I concur. I think if they do a TIH2 right after The Avengers, it'd be good both financially and plot-wise. You can decide where this movie's ending fits in a smaller landscape, and having the Hulk around well-written characters will build up the hype for the sequel.

Norton has to pull a Johnny Depp (as Sparrow) and go back to back with the filming since you don't want the other cast members getting too old. Let's just hope they get it done.

I'm really glad they didn't
Kill Abomb, I was getting tired of the marvel villains being killed off

One thing that I do wonder is what exactly are they gonna do with him? I take it S.H.I.E.L.D. will take him into custody?

I just hope the don't use Abomination and Leader in Avengers and give them a hapass story just to close their arcs. We need a full fledged sequel.

One thing that I do wonder is what exactly are they gonna do with him? I take it S.H.I.E.L.D. will take him into custody?

I have feeling that in the begining the Hulks relationship with the Avengers will sort of be like what Wolverine's relationship was to the X-Men at the start of that.....

"I'm not really a member b/c im conflicted but I'm not an enemy...let me think things through and deal with my problems.....oh j/k !!!!...i'm a member".

I just hope the don't use Abomination and Leader in Avengers and give them a hapass story just to close their arcs. We need a full fledged sequel.

Well why can't villains just live and be apprehended? Why do they have to die? A hero needs a villain. A superhero needs a rogues gallery. Even if we don't get a sequel it's just nice to see one of this guy's many adventures on screen and leave the return of Abomination a possibility. I mean guess what movie series that we can NEVER see the Sinister Six in now? :oldrazz:

Well why can't villains just live and be apprehended? Why do they have to die? A hero needs a villain. A superhero needs a rogues gallery. Even if we don't get a sequel it's just nice to see one of this guy's many adventures on screen and leave the return of Abomination a possibility. I mean guess what movie series that we can NEVER see the Sinister Six in now? :oldrazz:

All I am saying is that it's disappointing knowing this isn't a Spiderman franchise. The fact the the resolution was so incomplete it just worries me. I'm confident we'll get a sequel. What I am worried about is if Marvel panics and then stuffs Abomination in the Avengers and gives him a cheap ass story there. Same with the Leader. I am against using solo villains for Avengers anyway for obvious reasons. If Marvel has a sequel in mind with the Leader/Abomination then I got no problems with anything. But until Marvel announces something the story remains terribly incomplete and I don't want to see Marvel trying to cut it short by cramming everything in Avengers.

Well the Abomination has shown he is pretty much a brute anyway so I can see him being used as a lapdog lead by The Leader in an Avengers movie. Their story has already been told so I can't see it being half assed. I mean what is there to add to The Abomination? He's not exactly The Green Goblin.

How do you think it makes for a compelling film to stick villains A, B, C from the solo franchises together as villains and expect it to not be hapassed? We need an AVENGERS villain or a SHIELD/worldwide threat villain. I am telling you taking Mandarin Abomination Loki and Red Skull and sticking them together in Avengers will make it EXTREMELY lame. They need to gear it towards a Captain America villain and they can't just do a team up like that.

It would've been nice to see the fins on Blonsky, but I felt the bones were adequate. Nice animation, and a twisted villain.

I was very excited to see the super soldier serum at work with Blonsky, I can't wait for Captain America.

Since Blonsky didn't die, it'd be nice for him to return in the second movie & work with the Leader.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"