Valentine's Day 2010

It is chilly in most parts of the country. Little fella's just looking to keep warm from the looks of it.

Valentines day for a single 16 year old boy in high school sucks, freaking couples making out in the hallways! :cmad:

Valentines day for a single 16 year old boy in high school sucks, freaking couples making out in the hallways! :cmad:
Doesn't get any better my friend. I went through the same back in high school an here I am in college having to see the same crap now.

And besides, there's no way in hell I can get a GF in oh....2 days.

But then again, it IS high school. It could be a quicky :awesome:

And besides, there's no way in hell I can get a GF in oh....2 days.

But then again, it IS high school. It could be a quicky :awesome:
Psh its high school dude, you can not only meet a girl but date/break up/ get back together/take a break/ try an make things work/ realize it wont work but stay together/ finally split an break each others hearts within those 2 days:o

Other than [BLACKOUT]a customer/friend seducing me in a naughty school girl outfit when I was 19 back in 08.[/BLACKOUT] I've been alone every single year for Valentines day so for me I'm kinda used to it.

Instead of sitting at home this year or working maybe I'll actually go drinking or something.:huh: No point in not at least trying to have fun.

All my Valentine's Days have ended in me looking like a fool or not doing anything at all. This year will be no different but for some reason this one hurts more then any of my past years

Don't sweat it. Like Pavlov's Dog, Valentine's Day is conditioned response where the stupified masses run out and buy cards, mass-produced chocolate, imported flowers, and marked-up jewelery because that's what they're 'supposed" to do. Anytime I did that for anyone it always felt forced and like I was fulfilling some kind of "quota." What always meant more to me was the random things I'd do for people/have people do for me the rest of the year when it's neither required nor expected.

Even when I was dating or married on the day, my opinion was the same. it's like the people who go to church on Sunday because they're required to but yet act like total jag-offs the other 6+ days of the week. It's how you act when it's not required of you that shows who you really are.

Single on V-Day? Big deal. Shouldnt be any better or worse than any other day, regardless of what the sheep are doing or what the marketing directors of the world tell you.

Last edited:
Psh its high school dude, you can not only meet a girl but date/break up/ get back together/take a break/ try an make things work/ realize it wont work but stay together/ finally split an break each others hearts within those 2 days:o
Only one way to find out :awesome:

I've stopped caring about being single on Valentines Day, it's a nice day and has nice sentiment, but since I'm not in a relationship and don't have a woman to spoil, it's just another day this year. I'm not going to sweat it, because in reality the only thing more annoying about Valentine's Day than the overly showy couples and their lovey-dovey displays are the bitter singles *****ing about how stupid everyone else is for participating in the "greeting card" holiday because they're "conditioned" to.

For those of you with someone to love this Valentine's Day, I hope you have a happy one.

I actually haven't been on SHH! in quite a while, but I used to be pretty active here. What happened? Well, I met the woman of my dreams. At a Valentine's Dance in my freshman year. We had our first kiss on Valentine's Day, and then, after not speaking for a little while, we were cast as Romeo and Juliet in the school play and have been together ever since. Now we're engaged!

I actually came back to see if any Hypers remembered me and wanted to help us out. Maybe I could be a story of hope for those on this forum who spurn romance because they feel unpopular and unloved in all their geekery--I was one of you! And guess what? I never expected my fianceé would be the type to get into comic books, but she reads them more than I do now!

So I came back here to join some discussions again and ask for one favor: if any of you have just a moment of time to spend, please vote for us at this website. http://www.ultimateweddingcontest.com/entries/27194.

We're not very wealthy, but I can guarantee we would be so grateful! Maybe with this little financial boost, my novel (the one I had discussed in the SHH! Community forums) about superheroes will finally get published.

I was going to make a separate topic...but I don't know if that would be okay by the mods...

1105607147_7075-1.jpg

:cmad:

Valentine's Day is an outdated concept in modern America. I don't think any other holiday depresses people more.

Only if you let it and especially this year the holiday falling on a Sunday, it's very easy to avoid. When I was single I didn't mind much, it didn't alter my plans in the least unless it fell on a Friday or Saturday, otherwise no big deal. Sunday is just a little fancier date night for me and my girlfriend, which is nice every so often.

i had a pretty good v-day... for the first time ever... woke up yesterday morning next to my best friend (whom ive had a major crush on for some time now) I crash at his place alot but we very rarely ever share a bed... and that particular night we were on 2 seperate air mattresses. Normally V-day depresses me, but this year i woke up with appreciation for all those who do love me in my life. V-day doesn't have to be about romance... just about love in general. And this year i realized how many friends i do have who love me.

the day continued by me and one of my other best friends hanging out, then going to a movie and ordering a pizza before hand. I get a text from the friend i spent the night with... (whom i also recently spent like 8 days in a row with this past week, so was shocked he was even hitting me up) and he asked me to bring over some vodka and chill with him and a friend of his...

my friend was kinda flirting with the other guy a little bit.. and it was making me jealous and feeling a bit awkward... im like.. why have me over if you're gonna hook up with this guy? anywho... i think he might of just been making me jealous, cuz the other guy left shortly after he realized i was jealous...

anywho.. to make the rest of the story short...
my friend and I both woke up this morning curled up yet confused, in bed with only t-shirts on..... lol... had kinda an awkward morning... but none the less, as long as it doesnt mess up our friendship... i had a great night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"