Valkyrie - Tessa Thompson

Discussion in 'Thor: Love and Thunder' started by HammerDown, Jul 23, 2019.

1. HammerDown High Tide Or Low Tide

2. THORin Registered

Okay, so we know from Feige and Thompson now that Valkyrie is looking for love in this movie, so I really hope they have it be a plot line, subplot line, whatever, throughout the film. THEN, have the post-credits scene be Carol arriving in New Asgard and the two of them falling head over heels in love with each other.

Wishful thinking?

Shuri likes this.
  3. Shuri Smartest person in the MCU.

I'm hoping she has screentime in this. I'm still holding out hope that Thor becomes her queen since she's the king :funny:.
    But seriously I want Thor to take back the throne and we get the both of them ruling Asgard. We could get a sequel to followup on that. That was what I was hoping for when this movie got announced.

THORin likes this.
  4. Tg11 Registered

This

Shuri likes this.
  5. Mjolnir Reborn Blunt Instrument

One thing that makes me want to see Thor keep not being king is that I would like to see him in GotG3. He can be the protector of Asgard, and Earth, but still go around and be a hero, like his attitude was at the beginning of Ragnarok, which was awesome. That makes for an entertaining place for him in the MCU.

I do think that he should have been king after the events of Ragnarok, but we're in the place where they wrote him to relinquish that title in Endgame so my reasoning is based on where we are, rather than what I think the ideal situation should have been.

6. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I hope she keeps he horse for Thor 4.

HammerDown likes this.
  7. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

If Valkyrie is going to be more overtly LGBTQ, then Carol has to at least be a contender for her interests.

THORin likes this.
  8. Hello2016 Registered

I see Thor's purpose as more of a wandering space Knight now; similar look to Infinity War but no fat Thor meshing with some of the epic adventurous tone from Ragnarok (that scene where he escapes from Hulk through the window at Sakaar was excellent as was the post-credits music and image montage to kind of explain the tone I think they'll probably go with).

A king of new Asgard he's past at this point as I'm assuming the 9 realms aren't even looked after by Asgard anymore like before unless a Bi-Frost that works similarly is built he'll travel through space looking for adventure leaving the future to the new citizens of Asgard visiting occasionally kind of like he did with old Asgard just less connected. This leaves open the he (or she) who is ever worthy trope discussed in the Donald Blake thread to come into play with Jane getting the hammer while staving off cancer like in the comics perhaps...

The Queen of Asgard I'll wager will be another Valkyrie type character as presumably this whimsical entourage envisioned by Odin will now manage all the affairs of new Asgard more front and center with a wider/less military centered purpose.