Tessa Thompson wants an all female superhero movie

it could work if something happened to keep the male avengers away. you'd have to go split squad leaving all the women on one - maybe fighting 2 threats on different sides of the planet or the universe.

A-Force by Reed Morano (I Think We're Alone Now, Frozen River)

In a post-Blip world, Earth has become a major player in the universe at large and has created SWORD to act as the planet's first line of communication and, if need be, defense against all galactic beings.

When SWORD's orbital outpost is flooded with alien refugees, Captain Marvel & Valkyrie lead a team Scarlet Witch and Wasp to investigate. At the ravaged planet, they find Terrax and the other heralds prepping the planet for consumption & thus the conflict is laid out. In their galactic travels, they cross paths with a time-displaced Gamora and Nebula who aid in their quest. Galctus is not directly referenced until the final scene / post-credit scene with his true introduction, thus setting up his status as the next saga-level villain of the MCU.

a. force.

Captain Marvel - Brie Larson, 29
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNTYvOTg4L2kwMi9DTUIyMDkwX2NtcF92MDE0XzAzNTE0OC4xMDQwLmpwZw==

Valkyrie - Tessa Thompson, 35
thor-ragnarok-tessa-thompson.jpg.750x400_q85_box-0%2C12%2C800%2C438_crop_detail.jpg

Scarlet Witch - Emily Olsen, 30
SW_Costume.png

Nebula - Karen Gillan, 31
db2fbf1bedccd350ce911a23dce67b7eff59b16880160b455d1d47a96f39932c.jpg

Gamora - Zoe Saldana, 41
Zoe-620x400.jpg

Wasp - Evangeline Lily, 35
ant-man-and-the-wasp-evangeline-lilly-tiny.jpg

s.w.or.d.
Abigail Brand - Elizabeth Moss, 36
GettyImages-1090500666.jpg

Sydren - Ben Whishaw, 38
ben-whishaw750x.jpg

villains.
Terrax - Luke Evans, 40
landscape-1496657747-dracula-untold-luke-evans-vlad1.jpg

Stardust - Samara Weaving, 27
readyornotheader-696x467.jpg

Firelord - Ed Skrein, 34
Ed-Skrein-Net-Worth-2017-2018.jpg

Galactus - Keanu Reeves, 54 (post credit scene tease)
aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9KL1MvNzY1MzUyL29yaWdpbmFsL1VudGl0bGVkLTIuanBn

misc.
Okoye - Dani Gurira, 41
okoye.jpg

Nova Prime - Glenn Close, 72
a95fe7ea1b5418c12ce137aa4b061bcf533f687c.jpg

Rhomann Dey - John C. Reilly, 54
rhomann-dey-guardians-1143286-640x320.jpeg

I'd rather see create a new ip (in the comics) feat. an all female team (all new characters that arent legacy characters) and later to adapt it to a film. It'd be Marvel's equivalent to Birds of Prey and Charlie's Angels.

Even if I want something like X-Women, A-Force and A-Force v X-Women: Dawn of Fierceness to happen. I just don't think its realistic to hope that it would happen.

it could work if something happened to keep the male avengers away. you'd have to go split squad leaving all the women on one - maybe fighting 2 threats on different sides of the planet or the universe.
You can have male Avengers in there; just dont have them as leads. Bruce Banner could be there in a strictly science role and not as the Hulk. They can have Falcon kidnapped and needing to be saved, much like we had with Black Widow in Age of Ultron. Theres ways to keep the male heroes involved while downplaying them and given the women the lead spotlight. The story could also be smaller in scale and not the large world ending plot that would require all the big guns.

I still don't think its impossible as some of the characters would eventually end their journey like Cap and Tony and that A5 would take longer than usual. And the female Avengers left in A4 are still a small number. Would the female guardians be in it? Time will tell if Black Widow would be resurrected, but its just Scarlet/Wasp at the moment. I don't see Shuri/Okoye joining the Avengers over Black Panther. Maria Hill would never be part of the main team. Rescue is most likely done. That leaves Valkyrie and Captain Marvel. So thats 4.... even if they include Invisible Woman, the female Eternals and X-Women. They would be downgrading the male Avengers into a smaller role. I don't see that happening to Spider-Man... while even if Spider-Man had a smaller role in A4, they had their grand entrance and joined the final battle.

I'd be very excited if they announced an A-Force movie for the next Phase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"