• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Velocity 2X

zenith16

Avenger
Reaction score
Velocity 2X Teledashes Its “Metroid On Steroids” Action To PS4 And Vita. September 5, 2014 . 1:27pm

Despite adding an extra genre to the mix, Velocity 2X loses none of its series’s reputation as a “high-speed playground”.

[YT]RGsrGmIWxV0[/YT]

Futurlab’s sci-fi platformer and shoot ‘em-up hybrid Velocity 2X is now available to purchase on PS4 and PlayStation Vita. If you’re after stylish, fast-paced action that’ll test your thumbs it’s worth considering.

Unlike previous games in Futurlab’s Velocity series (Velocity and Velocity Ultra), 2X lets you play as Lt. Kai Tana outside of her spaceship, as well as within it. With her being more visible, the story is a little more prominent in 2X than in previous games in the series, but it’s restricted to skippable cutscenes so it only interferes with the action if you want it to.

Despite adding an extra genre to the mix, Velocity 2X loses none of its series’s reputation as a “high-speed playground”. What’s come to define Velocity is the teledash ability that sees you warping short distances through hazardous surfaces. It emphasizes dodging and spatial positioning while maintaining a breakneck speed. Futurlab says that the main goal is for the game to be like “Metroid on steroids.”

On foot, Lt. Kai Tana retains this teledash ability just as her ship, but must navigate the narrow spaces of gauntlets blasting enemies with an explosive laser. Velocity 2X also has you melting the insides of humongous bosses, racing against the clock while blasting the Vokh scum, which may or may not mean you have time to admire the low-detail, high-style environment art.

Velocity 2X has released with Day One DLC called Critical Urgency that features six speed-run levels that are designed to teach you new tricks and push your skills.

You can purchase the game for $19.99 for PS4 and PlayStation Vita, and it comes with cross-buy and cross-save, so you need only to purchase it once. Saying that, if you’re a PlayStation Plus member you can get this new game for free this month.

Read more stories about PlayStation Vita & PS4 & Velocity 2X on Siliconera.

with

• GI Rating 8.75
    Velocity 2X

ps4-icon.png

on Sep 05, 2014 at 02:10 PM

Futurlab has crafted a game of speed and precision that defies easy classification.
    ... More
source:Silicoera & GI

question if I get the PS4 version do I get the vita version with it like I did with Playsation AllStars?

I got the Velocity 2X but I cannot figure how to get the Vita version I know they have remote play but I would like to play the game when the PS4 is off. I know when I got the Playstation All Stars game for PS3 it came with the Vita one. I just had to send the files from the PS3 to the Vita and then install them but I did not get anything like that for the Velocity game or am I missing something here?

I got the Velocity 2X but I cannot figure how to get the Vita version I know they have remote play but I would like to play the game when the PS4 is off. I know when I got the Playstation All Stars game for PS3 it came with the Vita one. I just had to send the files from the PS3 to the Vita and then install them but I did not get anything like that for the Velocity game or am I missing something here?
sorry I don't think I heard anything about that with this game. But maybe something will come up with the Vita tv when it's ready to launch .

well if you buy it in the market place you get the other version (you get the PS4, you get Vita with it, get Vita, get the PS4 version) kind of like when they released the Motorstorm RC racer game.

well if you buy it in the market place you get the other version (you get the PS4, you get Vita with it, get Vita, get the PS4 version) kind of like when they released the Motorstorm RC racer game.
oh I see but some of what you said sounded like if you have the game you'd be able to play it off screen or any other device similar from your ps4 when you can't use it with you main tv which it would be attached to is being used or some thin like that or you can't be on it . which there only a few games that are stated to to that one of them being counter spy and any others will be released when the vita tv is launched.

i did say that when you got the last month free PS plus game PS All Stars you got the vita version WITH the PS3 version but for some reason you do not get this with the Velocity game I guess unless you pay for it (if you are not a current PS plus member)?

I logged into PS Store on my Vita searched for Velocity 2X and found it and it was free there too I have it now on both PS4 AND Vita.

That's awesome, sorry I wasn't of better help. I didn't buy it for that. And didn't have the time to look that up.

Not feeling this game at all...i'll wait for next month and see what the free games are

god this game is addictive, I am like on level 20 something on the PS4 and almost at 20 on the Vita I keep getting a Galaga meets Metroid vibe when I play this thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"