Comics Venom: Dark Origins discussion thread

Huh. I think issues 1 and 2 had more to offer than 3.

Oh,don't get me wrong. There was enough,but I'm just such a fanatic,I guess,that I wanted more. Just being selfish is all. :woot:

I have the first three issues,and I must say this is a pretty neat little series,been a long time since we got a decent 616 Venom story.

Does anyone know when issue 4 comes out?

The remaining issues come out the 1st Wed of the month/

The scene with the "transformation" in issue 3 was really beautiful.

Haha HOW can you love that....that.....monstrosity? It bleeds suckiness.

Yea I think the art is great

Please it nowhere near as bad your claiming :whatever:

Please it's nowhere near as good as you're claiming!
3444new_storyimage8811839_full.jpg

C'mon...this good? It's an artist stuck in the 90's.

I call THIS good art.

martin2.jpg

But yes...is the story any good?

The art is beyond sucky.

Last edited:
Of course not, If you've seen any of my post about the covers, I've been hating them saying its way too exagerrated and something out of the 90s. All I said is that the art is great, nothing amazing or anything like that. And Venom in the issues is nowhere near exaggerated or X-Treme as the covers.

arachnid-guy that 2. pic is awesome!

Why is Ann being drawn as African-American? She was caucasian in her initial appearances....:huh:

Supposedly she'll be caucasian again in the TPB...which is stupid. She'll be black in the original prints and all-of-a-sudden white in the reprints...

Last edited:
Nice preview

But I hope they don't change the Venom scaring MJ scene

Okay, first, I am LOVING this series. LOVING IT. Watching the suit gradually turn into the mosterous Venom was very cool...almost like it had to really ge tused to Eddie to become the new being they became. I liked that.

As for the art "sucking"....you guys are high. Angel Medina's artwork isn't for everyone, that much is obvious. However, his artwork in very reminiscent of the Early McFarlane era, and that is perfect for this story, as it took place in *gasp* the early McFarlane Era.

Art is subjective. I can't stand Humberto Ramos's artwork, but that doesn't mean that it sucks. Marcos Martin has pretty art, but I find he has a lack of detail in certain scenes....although I think the stylistic and simplified approach is part of his appeal. Angel Medina prefers to over-render everything, and that's fine....especially in a dark and gritty book like this!

Marcos Martin >>>>>> Angel Medina

Marcos Martin can barely draw REAL people, everyone looked like paper doll in his issue....:o

he drew great spidey scenes though. but besides that your just saying he's better based on your own preference. :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"