Very Special Episodes

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by PyroChamber, Feb 26, 2008.

1. superhero Registered

I rember were on family ties alex works at gerogcey store. but he quit his job and singed up for a job at bigger grocery store. he was in charge of cat toys. his mother talked how much this job is worth. he said that he can be manger in couple months then vice president finnealy goes back to the first grocery store.

theirs also one were alex takes diet pill to get him to stay up.

their one in boy meets world were shawn jions a cult. it was really good espidoes.

2. amazingfantasy15 Registered

A lot of dumb kids were getting trapped in fridges in the '80s, I'm actually being serious too, it was an actual problem

3. amazingfantasy15 Registered

I remember the episode where Alex takes the diet pills, that's one of the only "very speical episodes" I remember.

Except for Saved by the Bell, they had a bunch of them, one with drunk driving sticks out in my mind the most.

The Smallville episode where Lana tries to have sex with Jensen Ackles and Clark marries Alicia was a "very special episode", they had that PSA afterwards about waiting to have sex. That's how I define a very special episode it has to have a cast PSA afterwards.

4. 3dman27 super-hero wannabe

the mystery of the missing kids
    this episode of mr.T was made during the time of the atlanta child killings as a public service and the message about not getting into cars with strangers is still relevant today

5. mikeyh89 Registered

Sister, Sister - The girls are offered to be a model for some guy but don't tell their parents. When they get to the guy's house, he pretty much wants them to take off their clothes. Now that I think about it, I think only one of them went and the other was suspicious about it all.

It was something like that? Dealt with sexual predators I'd assume.

Was there ever a Growing Pains that dealt with the girl's weight problems? I know Tracey Gold battled with either Anorexia or Bullimia, but was it ever covered on the show? I'd assume not, but you never know.

I have only seen a few episodes of the show, but I think Facts of Life had a LOT of very special episodes. Dealing with losing their virginity was one of them I think (that's just because I saw some VH1 special.)

Kimmy Gibler gets drunk in an episode of Full House. I guess that qualifies.

6. Catman Registered

Those were good episodes. :huh: :cmad:

Becky? :huh: It's Jesse! :cmad: Stop pretending that you don't know the characters!

7. Donnie Darko Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

Two of my favorites are from Boy Meets World. There is the one where Cory and Shawn get drunk at a party, which leads to Shawn being an alcoholic for all of five minutes. Also, there is the one when Shawn finds out the woman who he thinks is his mother really isn't. With his dad dead and his mother a mystery, he is basically an orphan. Cory's dad reaches out to him, telling him that he will be his father.

8. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

There were a lot of "very special episodes" for Boy Meets World. Each one basically screws up Shawn too. He gets drunk; He's lied to about his mom; His dad dies; He gets sucked into an occult; His dad bails on him every other episode; etc. I felt bad for Shawn through out the series. I would always wonder how much they could dump on him even more. It's a wonder he didn't try to off himself.

9. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

yeah I agree, they were good.

10. Milu Batterson J. Manford III

I love how they always have that emotional music playing during the spots for these special episodes.

11. Pink Ranger The North Remembers

The Office has the best "special episodes" ever:

The Drugs Episode
    The Homophobia Episode
    The Prejudice Episode

Every time Michael says "Everybody in the boardroom now!" you know it's one of those special episodes.

12. Sawyer High King

I remember that, in its prime, 7th Heaven did quite a few great special episodes. One in particular was when the middle daughter was supposed to go hang out with her friends, but her parents wouldnt let her. Later that night, her friends got into a car crash and her best friend died.

Another one had the youngest son almost getting the s*** beat out of him by his alcoholic aunt. It was pretty brutal.

13. Sawyer High King

So true. The Office rules all very special episodes.

14. Gamma Ray Registered

That wasn't Sister Sister. That was Smart Guy.

15. Lazlo Panaflex Registered

It was done on a decent level as far as 80's censors could allow, the bicycle shop owner was played by Gordon Jump from WKRP IN Cincinnatti and the IKEA commercials.

Both Diff'rent Strokes and Punky Brewster had anti-drug episodes with the former even guest starring Nancy Reagan.

Silver Spoons had one where Ricky's friend is constantly beaten by the father.

16. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

yeah, I love it whenever Michael says "Boardroom, NOW!" He did that in Diversity Day, the episode he finds out about Oscar being gay, etc. Oh and prison one when everyone says prison is better than the office and Michael introduced everyone to Prison Mike! lol

I remeber that episode. Poor Simon got scared *****less! And basically all the kids turned on their aunt. lol

That was the one episode of Smart Guy I watched. I decided to see an episode and turn on the tv and of all the episodes, it was the one about a child molester.

17. PyroChamber Not lactose, it's milk!

Boy Meets World pretty much turned into one big very special episode.

18. Cmill216 Senior Case Officer

Martin - when Martin left to join a cult

:lmao:

19. Sawyer High King

This is a Michael Scott quote I love...

"Alright everybody in the conference room! I don't care if you are gay, or straight, or a lesbian, or overweight! Just get in here, right now!"

20. PyroChamber Not lactose, it's milk!

And the gun episode...

Laura was getting messed with by a group of thug girls at school. One day, one of her friends got some new shoes and had a gun with her in case someone tried to take them; later in the school parking lot this guy had some guns in the trunk of his car and she was tempted to by one, until her friend got shot seconds later because she wouldn't give up the shoes.

And let's not forget the most well known "very special episode"...the episode of James Evans' funeral on Good Times.

21. Lazlo Panaflex Registered

Married With Children - when Psycho Dad got cancelled. ;)

22. Donnie Darko Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

or any NO MA'AM episode

also, from Family Matters... the one where Eddie is pulled over basically for being black in a white neighborhood, and Carl confronts the officers who did it

23. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

yeah, I remember that one. I think they did a lot of episodes concerning race.

24. Obi-Ron Deal with it

The champ of "Very Special" episodes has to be Blossom. Every ad had the announcement "Next on a very special Blossom..."

I actually had a friend whose mom thought the name of the show was "A Very Special Blossom." :ikyn

25. WorthyStevens Green Man

Usually every episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Guns, crack, prostitution, smoking. You name it. :oldrazz: