Very Special Episodes

That wasn't Sister Sister. That was Smart Guy.

bah! you're right. That sister looks just like the Mowry sisters to me. It's also kind of funny that it is their brother's show. heh.

There was another episode of Smart Guy where TJ was invited to a party and they wanted him to drink. It may have been mentioned.

And LOUD SILENT MAN, I remember that 7th Heaven episode with Lucy's friend dying in the crash! That was like the first season I think because I was in like 2nd grade. It was so sad though.

I never saw it but I heard that on The Facts Of Life in it's last season one of the girls loses their virginity, anyone remember this?

It's strange that Seinfeld didn't get into the "special episode" syndrome and yet it's considered the greatest sitcom ever.

It's strange that Seinfeld didn't get into the "special episode" syndrome and yet it's considered the greatest sitcom ever.

Thats exactly why its considered the greatest.

I remember the episode of "Sesame Street" where the first shopkeeper died, can't remember his name though. I remember it being a big deal, with an ad in the paper to let parents know what was going on and everything.

i just hate watching "very special episodes". It's often the lamest episodes of the show.

I agree, they're usually heavy-handed.

i just hate watching "very special episodes". It's often the lamest episodes of the show.

Not with Fresh Prince. That crew always handled the sensitive stuff real well, and even managed to extract some funny out of them, so as not to drown the audience in the moment. Not to mention Will Smith is one hell of an actor.

TV Land execs should read this thread and maybe set up a marathon of "very special episodes", that would be cool and depressing at the same time.

Sister, Sister - The girls are offered to be a model for some guy but don't tell their parents. When they get to the guy's house, he pretty much wants them to take off their clothes. Now that I think about it, I think only one of them went and the other was suspicious about it all.

It was something like that? Dealt with sexual predators I'd assume.

Was there ever a Growing Pains that dealt with the girl's weight problems? I know Tracey Gold battled with either Anorexia or Bullimia, but was it ever covered on the show? I'd assume not, but you never know.

I have only seen a few episodes of the show, but I think Facts of Life had a LOT of very special episodes. Dealing with losing their virginity was one of them I think (that's just because I saw some VH1 special.)

Kimmy Gibler gets drunk in an episode of Full House. I guess that qualifies.

I don't know about the eating disorder thing, but I know there was an episode where Tracey Golds boyfriend (played by a young Brad Pitt) dies in an accident after drinking and driving.

Another tear jerker was the Episode of M*A*S*H* when Col. Blake finally gets to go home, but then the crew recieves news that his helicopter was shot down and he was killed.

The Episode of All in the Family where Edith dies, wow, that was sad!

Yeah in Family Matters, the episode where Harriet and Rachel's father comes back. That was pretty serious.

I remember this episode to this very day...that was so powerful..i cried

Good times- When james dies..and florida drops a dish shes holding, then she screams DAMN, DAMN, DAMN...cried there too:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"