• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sequels Villains For Sequels

The Joker_1000

Superhero
Reaction score
I know it may not happen but as a villain we see for about 10-20 minutes, I'd like to see the monster from the Superman: TAS episode "The Prometheon" that absorbs heat. I think that could be interesting to see on film. I'd also like to see Metallo, Darkseid, & Bizarro. :word: I'd also be really anxious to see the Parasite as I feel he's one Superman's most underused villains that is actually a good villain.

Btw, does anyone have a picture of the creature from the episode "The Prometheon" for people who haven't seen the episode?

I voted "Other", because there is no "Anyone from the comics that isn't Luthor or Zod" option. :oldrazz:

Yeah, anyway, has anyone behind MOS even said any villains that are up for appearing in the movie?

No Mxy option?!

Bulls***.

Yes yes people want Brainiac, Metallo, and Darseid introduced.

All of the listed characters. Except, don't forget Dominicus and Eradicator.

Metallo, Parasite, Braniac, Darkseid... Any one of these, not so much in this order. It's just time for something new, besides Lex Luthor and yet another (*yawn*) real estate scheme..:o

Darkseid is not a "Superman's villain". He stands in the New Gods franchise.
And, for me, there is only one choice. Looking also in a marketing way.

DOOMSDAY

With Doomsday apparently coming to Smallville, will this make a difference on who they choose as villain for the next Superman movie?

With Doomsday apparently coming to Smallville, will this make a difference on who they choose as villain for the next Superman movie?

The day that a television series dictates what the film series does is the day that democracy dies.

The only ones I can't see are Zod, Prometheon, Darkseid, and Mongul. The rest would fit in perfectly.

Brainiac
Bizzaro
Metallo

i'm tired of only Lex being the villain.

I voted "Other", because there is no "Anyone from the comics that isn't Luthor or Zod" option. :oldrazz:

It has to be Doomsday. SR failed because of the lack of any decent action so WB wants a more action oriented movie this is where they are going to get it. Stick relatively close to the comics for his intro and when he escapes let the action begin. Villains with a motive gets old and tired time to bring in someone whos only pupose is destroy for no reason at all.

This will give them there mutli movie Superman epic.

Aparently Zod was meant to appear in superman returns with Jude Law as him but he declined so instead they changed it to lex. In my eyes this shows they want some good villains at th very least.

After watching the Incredible Hulk last night, I truly believe Doomsday can be brought into the silver screen. Abomination looked alot like Doomsday.

Doomsday would be a ridiculous and improbably choice. All Supes need is someone to brawl with. Parasite, Lobo, Metallo, Braniac could all work.

Doomsday shouldn't appear until several sequels later.

Doomsday would be a ridiculous and improbably choice. All Supes need is someone to brawl with. Parasite, Lobo, Metallo, Braniac could all work.

Doomsday shouldn't appear until several sequels later.

I agree about Doomsday being saved for the later sequels, but I don't think it is a ridiculous choice.

BTW I don't think Lobo is the best idea. I would go for Doomsday before Lobo.

Darkseid is not a "Superman's villain". He stands in the New Gods franchise.

See my reply in Midnight Black's sequel script thread.

Most likely.

The day that a television series dictates what the film series does is the day that democracy dies.

I remember those. Didn't Halliburton used to make those?

It has to be Doomsday.

Thing is, Superman almost dying and then coming back to life in Superman Returns was already quite similar to The Death of Superman.

Abomination looked alot like Doomsday.

I thought that too.

As I read more on Superman and these boards, a single thought frightens me; a created villain for Superman in his new movie. I want a villain from the comics, not one just invented.

Creating a villain has been done before, it's lazy, makes the writer feel safe because he doesn't have to bring a character justice and the end result usually sucks.

It seems like an intelligent thing to do, but it's really smarter to bring an already good idea and make it better by making it real.

I hope they go the route of a classic Man of Steel bad guy. If they don't, it will put serious doubt in my mind that this movie is going to a good place.

As I read more on Superman and these boards, a single thought frightens me; a created villain for Superman in his new movie. I want a villain from the comics, not one just invented.

Creating a villain has been done before, it's lazy, makes the writer feel safe because he doesn't have to bring a character justice and the end result usually sucks.

It seems like an intelligent thing to do, but it's really smarter to bring an already good idea and make it better by making it real.

I hope they go the route of a classic Man of Steel bad guy. If they don't, it will put serious doubt in my mind that this movie is going to a good place.

I agree. The last thing we need is another Ross Webster, :whatever:.

Are you rolling your eyes at me, or Ross Webster?

BIZARRO,, Lex Luthor=Denzel Washington

DARK SEID

DOOMSDAY

Denzel needs to play a supervillain... that would own. Can't think of any supe villains he could do though... but it would own.

I think Bizarro and Metallo would be pretty good for the sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"