• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vin Diesel's Hannibal Project

I am looking forward to this movie.
Vin would be a great Hannibal.

I always thought this project was scraped 4 years ago.

The only thing Vin is great at playing is a steroid junkie who may or may not be the missing link who mumbles basically everything because he has little to no grasp of the English language and can only use it to say cliched lines that make no sense at all (I live life a quarter mile at a time...what the hell does that even mean?!!?! I still can't figure it out!).

The only thing Vin is great at playing is a steroid junkie who may or may not be the missing link who mumbles basically everything because he has little to no grasp of the English language and can only use it to say cliched lines that make no sense at all (I live life a quarter mile at a time...what the hell does that even mean?!!?! I still can't figure it out!).

Agreed. Nobody can play that character better than him.

LOL.

Well, I like Vin Diesel. :csad:

My problem with Diesel is he tries to be better than he is.

There are two kinds of action stars.

First the Arnold, who accepts that he is an action star, it is all he will ever be, he is not going to win an Oscar, but he can still make a **** load of money. Vin could be that. The problem is he goes for the second type:

The Sly Eastwood - These ones start out in action movies, but soon prove they do have some talent (be it writing, directing, acting, etc. Vin is not this type. He is not a talented actor. He is not a talented writer or director. He needs to just accept his position as "The Arnold" and embrace it. BEcause he tries so hard to avoid it, however...he is bound to fade into obscurity...because he has yet to find a big, break out, iconic character which will be the foundation for the rest of his career (like Terminator was for Arnie).

First the Arnold, who accepts that he is an action star, it is all he will ever be, he is not going to win an Oscar, but he can still make a **** load of money. Vin could be that. The problem is he goes for the second type:

The Sly Eastwood - These ones start out in action movies, but soon prove they do have some talent (be it writing, directing, acting, etc. Vin is not this type. He is not a talented actor. He is not a talented writer or director. He needs to just accept his position as "The Arnold" and embrace it. BEcause he tries so hard to avoid it, however...he is bound to fade into obscurity...because he has yet to find a big, break out, iconic character which will be the foundation for the rest of his career (like Terminator was for Arnie).

Bingo. As silly as xXx was, that series could have been turned into a successful franchise because he fit the role and it was a fun take on the super-spy concept. But he jumped ship and they recasted the lead with Ice Cube, who is amazingly an even worse actor than Diesel and employed the worst writing and directing team on earth.

Will agree--^^^^^
Vin is an Arnold type actor,purely action. I do think if he could find a good script that portrays him as an psychotic serial murder I think he could pull it off.
I think Vin needs a movie where he plays a similiar persona like that in Pitch Black; evil but yet likable. Kindof like an anti-hero type role.
Kindof like Keanue Reeves in 'the Watchman',the movie sucked,but I think he can make a believable serial killer. Just its all in the script and the way its directed..

The pacifier,was bad,but vin did an okay with the role he was given. Knockaround guys was good role for Vin it suited his acting style.
A man apart; again movie wasn't very good,but I thought it fit his acting style..
XXX; well lets face it it was bad dont think who they put in that role could of made it better..
Saving Private Ryan; a good role for him, think overall hes a better supporting actor than main actor..
Pitch Black; loved his role,by far his best role overall...shame they dumbed him down with the semi-crappy sequel.
*just would like to see him as a seriel killer,something like a blade runner type movie,dark and mysterious....

You haven't seen Find Me Guilty yet then w/Diesel. Totally a great Courtroom Drama with plenty of comedy.

I keep meaning to rent that, but everytime I do, I can't bring myself to do it.

Thought this meant the good doctor at first...whew!

This could be decent.

I keep meaning to rent that, but everytime I do, I can't bring myself to do it.

Rent it. You'll love it. It's a great film with a great director. The character potrayed is a scumbag but Diesel makes him likeable like Gotti. Well done film totally underrated.

^ LOL The Rock is a plastic personality with zero talent. Vin can act when called upon and he's a solid writer, and he can direct.

The Rock has charisma and presence, Vin is the missing link with wood chips 90% of the time.

The Rock pwns Vin Disel :o

Yep.

]^ LOL The Rock is a plastic personality with zero talent.[/B] Vin can act when called upon and he's a solid writer, and he can direct.

You clearly do not know what you are talking about.

Nice post.

The Rock has charisma and presence, Vin is the missing link with wood chips 90% of the time.

I'd easily take Riddick over any of The Rock's characters, which are basically his wrestling character over and over again.

I'd easily take Riddick over any of The Rock's characters, which are basically his wrestling character over and over again.

Please name all of The Rock's roles and tie them to his wrestling persona.
Then, I'll try to believe you.

LMAO

The Scropian King- Egyptain Warrior
The Rundown- Bounty Hunter
Be Cool-Gay Man

I don't get where getting at. One of his upcoming movies he plays a football player. :confused:

Plus the Rock didn't hook up with that skank video vixen Corrine Steffans.:o

And he played a football coach in Gridiron Gang, which was a true story, btw. I bet the real life coach acts like The Rock...

Ha, I'll believe it when I see production start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"