Volunteering In Africa

ImTheWombat

Sidekick
Reaction score
For a while, I've really been contemplating what I wanted to do with my life. I am currently enrolled at an arts school in a Screenwriting program. I've come to realize that I really don't know exactly what I want to do, and am leaving at the end of this semster. I still love writing, but I feel like I just really am not ready to move forward to becoming a full blown adult in this contemporary society (I moved into my first actual apartment (living by myself) at the age of 18, far away from my parents in a place I didn't really know so well). It's scary, and I guess it's just part of growing up.

I figured, if I don't know what I want to do with the rest of my life, I shouldn't just blow my time away trying to figure it all out. I should use my time for something better, and I figure, what better a way than to do some volunteer work.

I might as well figure out what I want to do while I help people. They need my time more thna I do if I'm just going to use it to try and find what I really want to do in life.

I've been searching online, but everything is pretty cookie-cutter online.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice or experience when it comes to volunteer work in foreign countries.

I think I'd most like to work in Africa, but I'd really be just as happy working in South America or Asia.

So anyone have any advice on how to get started with this sort of thing or does anyone have any experience?

Try contacting the Red Cross and see if your school has any information on the subject.

All so if you live near a military post, they have Red Cross offices on location at most posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"