The Dark Knight Rises Wacky Theories About TDKR Now Proven Untrue (SPOILERS)

Blake is an incarnation of Robin. Nolan would NEVER do that because he said so in an interview a long time ago.

Oh wait...

Batman dying, even if faked, goes against the essence of the character and would never happen.

Batman being away and inactive for eight years goes against the essence of the character and would never happen.

Bane wasn't in the League Of Shadows, and wouldn't be part of a new League Of Shadows because it would be redundant to use them again from the first film.

There won't be any sort of statue to Batman because he isn't going anywhere.

Oh wait...

Most of the rumors about this film I remember being centered around Selina Kyle. That she would *steal* the Batpod and that she was a stripper.

I think a lot of us also assumed Bruce on a cane in the trailers was from him being out of commission because of Bane.

I also had my own personal assumptions and I thought there was a strong chance that Alfred or Lucius Fox would die. Even the shot in the sewers from the trailer (when Bane is walking towards Batman) I remember people trying to identify the person in the background. Was it a hostage (Alfred?) or a henchman of Bane overlooking the fight?

Batman dying, even if faked, goes against the essence of the character and would never happen.

Batman being away and inactive for eight years goes against the essence of the character and would never happen.

Bane wasn't in the League Of Shadows, and wouldn't be part of a new League Of Shadows because it would be redundant to use them again from the first film.

Oh wait...

Sounds like someone's ********.:cwink:

Hmm I don't remember supporting those theories.

Most of the rumors about this film I remember being centered around Selina Kyle. That she would *steal* the Batpod and that she was a stripper.

I think a lot of us also assumed Bruce on a cane in the trailers was from him being out of commission because of Bane.

I also had my own personal assumptions and I thought there was a strong chance that Alfred or Lucius Fox would die. Even the shot in the sewers from the trailer (when Bane is walking towards Batman) I remember people trying to identify the person in the background. Was it a hostage (Alfred?) or a henchman of Bane overlooking the fight?
Or a film crew member. :oldrazz:

When I watched the trailer, it looked like Bruce shouting "Noooo!" was directed at Alfred, and it made me worry Bane would torture poor Alfred mercilessly in front of Bruce. We were told again and again what a physical and formidable opponent Bane was and Alfred being tortured seemed like a possibility.

I still didn't think Alfred was going to die, though. Just crippled badly ("Not only am I going to break you, Bruce, I'm going to break your butler, too, and you'll have to live with it for the rest of your life", basically). IMO, it would have been even crueler of Bane to cripple the man just enough for him to stay alive instead of just offing him, so that whenever Bruce looked at Alfred, it would be like a slap in the face and a reminder he had FAILED once again. Again, he'd failed to protect someone he loves.

Thank goodness that didn't happen, I would have lost it if they even TOUCHED Alfred. ;_; NO TOUCHIE. Alfred is King. Do not approach.

When I watched the trailer, it looked like Bruce shouting "Noooo!" was directed at Alfred, and it made me worry Bane would torture poor Alfred mercilessly in front of Bruce. We were told again and again what a physical and formidable opponent Bane was and Alfred being tortured seemed like a possibility.
Yeah, I certainly thought it was someone he cared about, that's for sure. That type of moment in a TV Spot/trailer can put a lot of stress on a fan because we have to think.. "Oh no, someone close to him is gonna get hurt...or what?"

The actual scene definitely was a surprise though. Obviously a nod to the first film and getting a surprise visit while in prison, yet again. Oh silly Bruce getting in trouble with the law and his parole officer coming in to check on him.
I still didn't think Alfred was going to die, though. Just crippled badly ("Not only am I going to break you, Bruce, I'm going to break your butler, too, and you'll have to live with it for the rest of your life", basically). IMO, it would have been even crueler of Bane to cripple the man just enough for him to stay alive instead of just offing him, so that whenever Bruce looked at Alfred, it would be like a slap in the face and a reminder he had FAILED once again. Again, he'd failed to protect someone he loves.

Thank goodness that didn't happen, I would have lost it if they even TOUCHED Alfred. ;_; NO TOUCHIE. Alfred is King. Do not approach.
I didn't want it to happen either but I thought it was a sure thing that someone in Bruce's circle would be biting the bullet. I thought it'd be Lucius and I felt like I was almost waiting for it to happen when Fox was in Bane's custody. Bane had no mercy, killing all those people :(. He just needs a hug.

I'm not sure if these are wacky theories. We knew months in advance Batman was inactive for 8 years. We knew he Bane would be in the League of Shadows. Batman dying was a toss-up (I always thought Batman would die, Bruce would live).

You might as well ask for credit for knowing Bruce Wayne is Batman if you're boasting the other points.

I'm not, since there's no need to boast about anything....and they're really no less 'wacky' than a lot that's been mentioned because of signs that people felt they picked up on.

Last edited:
I didn't want it to happen either but I thought it was a sure thing that someone in Bruce's circle would be biting the bullet. I thought it'd be Lucius and I felt like I was almost waiting for it to happen when Fox was in Bane's custody. Bane had no mercy, killing all those people :(. He just needs a hug.

I thought if it was going to be anyone, it could have been Alfred because it was pretty clear before the film that he disappeared in the story somehow. But I agree with many that it probably would have been too vulgar to have him actually murdered in front of Bruce. They shouldn't need to resort to that and honestly probably would have reduces Bane to simple murderer instead of a mastermind.

Originally I thought Selena was going to be working with Bane to steal from the new Wayne manor and help break into the other homes of the wealthy to fund Bane's terror campaign.

I thought that old guy they paid to keep Bruce alive in the prison was Alfred when the trailer came out. When he says "Rise," it sounded like Michael Caine.

If I recall the theory correctly, it was that "Ra's al Ghul" would end up being a title, not a name, conferred upon the leader of the League of Shadows. So if Bane was the new leader after Ducard's death, then he would be the new "Ra's al Ghul" (Head of the Demon).

Kind of a cool idea, actually, and it plays well into the idea that "Ra's al Ghul" is immortal.

Not sure what the baldness, mask, etc. would have had to do with it.

Adam West cameo. :oldrazz:

Also Bruce would take off his mask and reveal his true identity thereby uniting Gotham as one and taking away half of Bane's army, who would be disenfranchised 99 percenters.

I remember believing a stuppid rumour that John Blake was just a cop too. :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"