The Amazing Spider-Man Wallcrawling

Spider-Man 2 has some of the truly best CGI in any Spidey film and the best CGI in any film whatsoever. I feel the same with TDK and TDKR as well. BB rarely had some so it's hard to count that much.

I think TASM has much better CGI than Spider-Man 2.

I think the Lizard looks really good. And we have to remember that the hallway fight is 100% CGI which I found to be amazing.

^ While he didn't look fake always in the film, there was moments that definitely made Lizard look so, so, so fake.

when? i thought lizard looked good, the only time that looked kind of fake was in the bridge when spider-man sees him

I thought The Amazing Spider-Man had the best effects in a Spider-Man film.

honestly, you don't want things to look 'real' most of the time in movies though..

The first time I watched the movie (It was in IMAX 3D which probably had a huge effect) I didn't really catch anything that I thought looked off; I do with viewings at home though.

when? i thought lizard looked good, the only time that looked kind of fake was in the bridge when spider-man sees him

Ironically, in the three scenes that were the laziest with Lizard, imo; the bridge, inside OsCorp when he was looking for that machine(blank on the name of it) and the final battle. Parts made Lizard look "off" but with the best parts featuring Lizard inside the sewers where he fought Spidey and in the school battle...those were ideally the best when Lizard was in the film.

honestly, you don't want things to look 'real' most of the time in movies though..

...yes you do.

He moves too fast for it to be practical.

Spidey crawls all over Lizard to web him up - Obviously has to be CG
Spidey then webs the caccoon to the ceiling. Why did that need to be CG?
Spidey webs the Lizard's hand to a locker - Why did that need to be CG?

The film makers need to realise when you have unconvining CG you get taken out of the movie. If I were a director, CG would be an absolute last resort. I would shot all I could IN CAMERA and get the CG artist to add CG elements to to real background plates.

Lizard has to be CG, there is no getting around that but Spidey didn't have to be when fighting him. Tilted stages, revolving rooms, wire work, anything that makes the scene 'real'.

Look at Spider-Man 1 you had a lot of CG set pieces but what was the best sequence in the movie by and absolutely country mile? The graveyard fight and there was next to no CG used.

CG should be a tool not a crutch.

It's a crutch for a lot of films unfortunately. Look at the Hobbit.

Spider-Man 2 has some of the truly best CGI in any Spidey film and the best CGI in any film whatsoever. I feel the same with TDK and TDKR as well. BB rarely had some so it's hard to count that much.

TDK and TDKR had CGI?
Not too much(Apart from Two-face),most of the stuff was practically done

Because they were part of a single shot

Yes, but that's the director's choice. It didn't have to be shot like that.
I think on the whole the CG in ASM was quite good but I think better CG and more practicle effects will help the viewer become more engaged with what they are watching.

Disagree here,it looked very video gamish,even the practical shots

Not the best colour combination imo

Spider-Man 2's effects didn't look video gamish?

What practical effects looked like a video game to you?

I think on the whole the CG in ASM was quite good but I think better CG and more practicle effects will help the viewer become more engaged with what they are watching.

It would feel weird to keep switching from CGI to Practical. I thought it looked great the way it was.

The film makers need to realise when you have unconvining CG you get taken out of the movie. If I were a director, CG would be an absolute last resort. I would shot all I could IN CAMERA and get the CG artist to add CG elements to to real background plates.
CGI is unavoidable in a Spider man movie
I cant believe you are complaining this about TASM,Webb did everything in his power to do almost everything practially

Lizard has to be CG, there is no getting around that but Spidey didn't have to be when fighting him. Tilted stages, revolving rooms, wire work, anything that makes the scene 'real'.
And the budget would go upto 300M,practical stunts arent cheap,CGI isnt either and that is why you need a perfect combination of the two to be financially and visually effective

Look at Spider-Man 1 you had a lot of CG set pieces but what was the best sequence in the movie by and absolutely country mile? The graveyard fight and there was next to no CG used.
Even the Times Square fight had no CGI

Too many cuts within a fight makes it terrible even if it is well set up
The OSCORP tower fight is a perfect example of this,the fight was an excellent one but too many cuts and poor editing made it look disoriented and not so great

And TASM uses maximum practical stunts
The whole subway thing is practical,the two times he jumps of sky scrapers and the handstand is practical,the whole starting of school fight is practical and Andrew had himself thrown into two walls,the fight with the police is practical,Swat vs Lizard is practical except the Lizard,the first swinging sequence is Practical,the starting of the sewer fight is practical,a lot of the final sequence is Practical

CGI is only used when it was absolutely unavoidable

I'm glad they are starting to do more practical web slinging, so hopefully Webb continues this.

Spider-Man 2's effects didn't look video gamish?
No

What practical effects looked like a video game to you?
The part where he is swinging in and the police tracer hits him,it looked CGI and I though it was CGI,but on watching the behind the scenes reel,I saw that it was actually practically done

Too many cuts within a fight makes it terrible even if it is well set up
The OSCORP tower fight is a perfect example of this,the fight was an excellent one but too many cuts and poor editing made it look disoriented and not so great

I didn't find too many cuts in the final battle. One problem was that when Lizard throws Spider-Man off the roof, it cuts to a POV shot of him looking at NYC. Then it cuts to him falling, cuts to another POV shot of him shooting a web, then him crawling up the side of the building.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"