The Amazing Spider-Man 2 A New Costume in The Amazing Spider-Man 3?

In this day and age its inevitable to get an update in each installment.
That's true. Man, then what will they upgrade?

Absolutely agree, I don't like the look of the round spider for the TASM live action films. Current logo is sleek and the comic round spider looks like a big tick.
Agreed. Now that I've seen footage of the suit in action, you can tell what the were going for. It's basically a branding thing too. The new spider looks reminiscent of TASMs, but way more refined. I dig.

I wouldn't change the suit itself, but I would like to see Garfield bulk up just a tad bit. This slender, flexible form of Spidey is a vast improvement over the pudgy Maguire, but I feel that making him a bit more muscular would be a fitting evolution.

Sort of symbolic of how he's "growing into" the role of Spider-Man even more.

spider-man-marvel_00264331.jpg

This size would be ideal, imo. I've always preferred my Spidey not to be incredibly skinny, and this would be a new look without changing the already perfect costume.

How about something other than the red and blue?

I would've loved him to make a special insulated suit to fight Electro. Missed opportunity to adapt one of his other comic costumes imo

I wouldn't change the suit itself, but I would like to see Garfield bulk up just a tad bit. This slender, flexible form of Spidey is a vast improvement over the pudgy Maguire, but I feel that making him a bit more muscular would be a fitting evolution.

Sort of symbolic of how he's "growing into" the role of Spider-Man even more.

spider-man-marvel_00264331.jpg

This size would be ideal, imo. I've always preferred my Spidey not to be incredibly skinny, and this would be a new look without changing the already perfect costume.

Garfield will probably be slightly bigger in ASM3. Doubt he'll be smalller, at least.

And some muscle shading really wouldn't hurt. The ASM2 suit was basically completely rid of it.

Garfield will probably be slightly bigger in ASM3. Doubt he'll be smalller, at least.

And some muscle shading really wouldn't hurt. The ASM2 suit was basically completely rid of it.

I think it's because they were aiming for a "real" costume feel. No muscle suit either with this series it seems. I dig. It's new.

The TASM2 suit isn't padded at all? If not, pretty impressive shoulders on Garfield.

I've never understood the artist's need to put the hero's symbol on the guy fore and aft. This is mainly for Spidey and Supes. It's as if you wouldn't figure out who they were otherwise if they had their back to you. Clearly that's nonsense. Spidey doesn't need the symbol on his back just like the 'S' shield isn't needed on Superman's cape.

In their respected universes, theres a number of costumed crimefighters and criminals running around. I think its a good idea for them to distinct themselves from one another through symbols and motifs. If supes didnt have the back symbol, whos to say thats not bizarro rather than supes commiting a crime, and in spideys case, its always good to have some spider insignia in his photos, whether jonah likes it or not.

Nope.. There was a muscle suit underneath..
Nah I don't think there was even a muscle suit underneath, which is why all these Spideys (Andrew and stunt doubles) look more on the thin, muscular side. Have to add the lack of muscle shading as well.

Andrew has stated that "you have to be 4% in body fat, because you're basically naked under there," meaning the suit shapes to what your body is.

It should look almost the same. They could do a little changes like in Raimi's trilogy.

logoback.jpg

This is one of the sexiest things I've ever seen! :wow:

you want to change from perfection?

i wouldn't want that spider shape on his back lol, it looks abit kiddy ish

That back spider is beautiful. It's a manip so it's not perfect, but the concept is amazing. I love it.

Personally I would like to see them stick to the same, or a very similar costume at the start of the movie, but they do need to get to Venom in TASM3. For that to happen I could see Peter forced to use this black goo gunk that he finds at Oscorp. It could be one of the enhancement experiments that they are working on.

Peter uses it, defeats the Six, and then removes it. This way it doesn't become a huge piece of the story (no alien meteorite crash landing, no becoming dark Peter, no need for vibration or loud sounds to remove it, etc.). Not sure how they can make it lead to Eddie Brock (hopefully it will be Brock). Maybe he's just some Bugle reporter following the battle/story and get this stuff on him...

Anyway, having the black suit for a portion of the movie allows it to be promoted (hopefully it'll look better than it did in SM3) and it can lead to Venom in TASM4. I just don't want Venom forced into TASM3, like they did with SM3, and I don't want to see someone like Norman become Venom (hey, it could happen)...

I LOVED this outfit in ASM2. I truly thought this was the best one ever. Now that it's RIGHT, don't change it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"