Warhammer Online

Nell2ThaIzzay

Avenger
Reaction score
So, anyone out there going to be playing Warhammer Online? Personally, I think it looks great. I have had a chance to check out the beta a little bit, and it's great fun so far. Just wondering if anyone from the hype was going to be checking out Warhammer Online.

If you are, hit me up. I'm starting up a guild with my brother, my best friend, and some other buddies of mine and my brother.

http://nevermore.guildportal.com

PM me, check out our webpage, sign up for our forums. I'd love to see some fellow hypesters in Warhammer.

If it came out a few years ago, I'd really be excited about this MMO and would try it out. But this is getting harder for me to find time to play, and WOW (as casual-based as it is) is also becoming too time-consuming for me to play. Even if I decided to drop WOW, I'm not sure if I will have the time for Warhammer.

I just canceled my WoW subscription for this game.

Can't freaking wait!

I just canceled my WoW subscription for this game.

Can't freaking wait!

Isn't it a bit early to cancel WOW? WAR is still several months away.

I have high hopes for something new to the online genre, cutesy WoW has been the only pony in town for too long

It's never too early to cancel WoW.

Well, I've cancelled WOW twice before, and here I am playing it again. :csad: But I must say that with the inclusion of dailies, easier honor gains, and heroic keys with honored status (instead of revered), the game has catered to be more sensible to my playing schedule. I'd love to play WAR but I think it will be for hardcore gamers only.

Well, I've cancelled WOW twice before, and here I am playing it again. :csad: But I must say that with the inclusion of dailies, easier honor gains, and heroic keys with honored status (instead of revered), the game has catered to be more sensible to my playing schedule. I'd love to play WAR but I think it will be for hardcore gamers only.

I can see why you would think that, but it won't be just for hardcore players. There is TONS of content that can be played through casually. I mean, honestly, from MMO's that I have seen, this game may have more content than any game I've ever played. And it's there for hardcore gamers and casual gamers alike.

Isn't it a bit early to cancel WOW? WAR is still several months away.

Well I should have included that it had been about 4 and half months since I had played WoW...so I dont mind the wait for Warhammer. I've grown so tired with WoW and it's endless grinding.

I can see why you would think that, but it won't be just for hardcore players. There is TONS of content that can be played through casually. I mean, honestly, from MMO's that I have seen, this game may have more content than any game I've ever played. And it's there for hardcore gamers and casual gamers alike.

I'll wait and see what WAR will deliver before I can decide if I want to play it or not. But it has to be very good because I cannot play two MMO at the same time, and it has to be very casual gamer friendly.

Has anyone gotten involved in the WAR beta? How does the decision to only have 2 capital cities instead of planned 6, and 20 classes instead of 24 affect the game? If I ever decided to leave WOW this will be the game that I'll go for.

Has anyone gotten involved in the WAR beta? How does the decision to only have 2 capital cities instead of planned 6, and 20 classes instead of 24 affect the game? If I ever decided to leave WOW this will be the game that I'll go for.

I have played the beta, but I haven't gotten to city sieges, so the only thing that I can say about the 2 cities instead of 6 is what they constantly say in interviews and stuff - that it's supposed to focus the battle to one front making the sieges much more epic.

As far as the classes, Mythic has stated many times that even if those same classes aren't added back in, they will add in classes to replace them.

I have played the beta, but I haven't gotten to city sieges, so the only thing that I can say about the 2 cities instead of 6 is what they constantly say in interviews and stuff - that it's supposed to focus the battle to one front making the sieges much more epic.

As far as the classes, Mythic has stated many times that even if those same classes aren't added back in, they will add in classes to replace them.

That sounds interesting, but which of the six racial factions do those two cities represent? If I had to guess I'd think they are for the humans and chaos, and the dwarf/orc/high elf/dark elf will be left out.

That sounds interesting, but which of the six racial factions do those two cities represent? If I had to guess I'd think they are for the humans and chaos, and the dwarf/orc/high elf/dark elf will be left out.

You would be correct. It's Empire and Chaos.

However, in order to siege the capitol cities, you must control 2 out of 3 realms - meaning each race has a fortress, and one side must capture 2 of the opponent's fortresses before being able to siege the city.

So although the cities are still only Chaos and Empire, the fighting on the other 2 fronts is still vital.

That, and all talk to this point is that the cities WILL be added, they just had to be postponed for launch.

You would be correct. It's Empire and Chaos.

However, in order to siege the capitol cities, you must control 2 out of 3 realms - meaning each race has a fortress, and one side must capture 2 of the opponent's fortresses before being able to siege the city.

So although the cities are still only Chaos and Empire, the fighting on the other 2 fronts is still vital.

That, and all talk to this point is that the cities WILL be added, they just had to be postponed for launch.

Thanks for the explaination. I was checking on WAR's website to see the classes that will be available, and it seems to me that each class is gender-specific, which means you cannot pick if you want male or female for any particular class; they are already set with the gender.

Only on some classes. Most of the classes you can choose male or female on, only some you can't.

Only on some classes. Most of the classes you can choose male or female on, only some you can't.

Okay, that's good to know because I don't like to play as a female like many other players; I guess that's because I used to play tabletop RPG so I do like to roleplay a bit, and I don't RP with a female character. It does seemed like the orc/goblin faction is male-only, or gender neutral. I don't think I saw any dwarf females either.

Black Orc I think is just male.

Witch Elf is the only class that can ONLY be a female.

I saw a dark elf class called Sorcessess, and the name seems to imply that it's a female-only class as well.

I saw a dark elf class called Sorcessess, and the name seems to imply that it's a female-only class as well.

Yea,the class is called Sorceress because that's what they are called on the table top game. You can select a male for that class, however, and it will just be called a Sorcerer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"