Warhammer Online

Discussion in 'PC' started by Nell2ThaIzzay, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Raiden Wakanda Forever

Thanks for the clarification. I'm in a bit of a struggle right now, because I really want to try WAR, but it's hard for me to give up WOW (and I cannot play two MMO at the same time). However, I might get WAR and play it for a month, and cancel WOW for that time being, and see how the game goes. If it's truly better than WOW, I will then have to make the difficult decision to stop playing WOW completely. I love WOW but the constant BG grind and rep grind really get on my nerves. WAR's RvR seems very interesting to me, since I never played DAoC. It sounds like what BG should have been in the first place.

Btw, are there mounts in WAR? If so, does each faction get an unique mount, or do they all ride horses?

2. Nell2ThaIzzay Registered

I could be wrong, but I do believe everyone gets mounts, and they are race specific. So each race will have a different mount.

I believe.

3. Philly Phanboy LIVIN' LA VIDA PHANBOY

There are a lot of neat things that this game will offer that were obviously made as a result of other MMORPG's shortcomings but from the screenshots I've seen the graphics could have been better and don't match up well with its competitors.

4. Raiden Wakanda Forever

I think WAR's graphics look better than WOW's. Both are going for the fantasy look, but while WOW has an unique Warcraft art style, WAR is more realistic, but WOW has been around for 4 years so obviously it looks a bit dated.

5. Joined:
    Oct 1, 2007
    They said in UK PCGAMER that they were considering a graphical over-haul for world of warcraft, but if they did it would be optional like two versions so people with crappy pc's could still play it. Something like that...

6. Philly Phanboy LIVIN' LA VIDA PHANBOY

Look back at the screenshots. There are some terrific early designs but it literally looks like somebody told the art department to "speed up" and then quality went out the window.

7. Joined:
    Oct 1, 2007
  8. Raiden Wakanda Forever

Glad to see NDA lifted for WAR, and now we get to have some of our questions answered. I'll probably get a pre-order for this game, and stop playing WOW for a month to try it out. I also want to get a head start so I can play it slightly earlier.

9. Philly Phanboy LIVIN' LA VIDA PHANBOY

10. Microchip Gettin my applesauce back

11. Raiden Wakanda Forever

I played WAR in these past few days in their preview weekend, and I must say I'm quite impressed. Right from the start, you feel like you are in a battleground, fighting the other side (albeit with npc), not a comfortable zone like Goldshire. You can join PQ and rack up influence and possible loot, queue up for scenario for some quick BG-esque action, or join up some RvR assault.

My major complains are the constant lag and crashes that made it hard for me to play for an extend period of time, but I think this game has won me over. However, my memory is only 1024MB and I don't think that is enough for WAR, even though I met the minimal requirement. I'll be upgrading it to either 2GB or 4GB sometimes before the game is released.

12. Nell2ThaIzzay Registered

Glad to hear you like it.

We're still recruiting for our guild if you're looking for a place to play.

http://nevermore.guildportal.com

I'm reiper1326 on the site, character is Khulain.

13. Raiden Wakanda Forever

Are you guys going to play Order or Destruction? Because I will roll Destruction so I can play Chosen.

14. Raiden Wakanda Forever

WAR is coming in 2 weeks, and I'm quite excited about it. Hopefully the launch will be smooth and we won't have all those problems I encountered during the PW.

15. Joined:
    Oct 1, 2007
    I'll probably get this, hopefully it doesn't wear thin quickly like age of conan, what a disappointment that was...

16. Raiden Wakanda Forever

I think with Mythic's track record of DAoC, WAR will probably turn out to be good.

17. Joined:
    Oct 1, 2007
    Yea, heard PVP was pretty good in DOAC

18. Raiden Wakanda Forever

What I like about WAR is their emphasis on group PvP, and not an one-man army like WOW tends to do. Thanks to collision-detection, and the synergy between tank/dps/heal, WAR seems to reward those who use strategy above mindless zerging. Of course, we will see if people will indeed work together or try to go Rambo and do it themselves, but from what I've heard it is encouraging thus far.

19. Nell2ThaIzzay Registered

We will be playing Destruction.

20. Raiden Wakanda Forever

That's great. I'll register at your guild site and I hope you guys are still accepting applications. However, due to work and family I'll probably be a casual gamer, so I hope it won't be a problem with your guild.

21. Nell2ThaIzzay Registered

Yea, we're pretty much going to be a casual guild, so that won't be an issue.

And yea, well, there's no actual "application"... we pretty much just want to game with a bunch of people that we know and like gaming with. So just come on over, we'll be glad to have you.

On the guild forums, I'm reiper1326

22. Raiden Wakanda Forever

Do you guys know which server you will select for the guild? Also, I'm not sure how to be "recruited" by your guild, as I saw no thread in the guild forum about it.

Btw, I have the regular WAR pre-order, so next Tuesday is my head start date. I'm hoping I can log on in the evening and get to play for a couple of hours.

23. Nell2ThaIzzay Registered

We will be creating the guild on Tuesday night. It will be around 10:15 PM CST if you're able to make it.

If not, you can just contact one of the officers in game, and we can invite you. Khulain, myself, or Abraxis or Chuckie will be able to help you out

I haven't seen a list yet of the official launch servers, so there's no official server for us yet. We will have that prior to your head start date though, and I'll post it on the site.

24. Nell2ThaIzzay Registered

Let me change that.

One of the officers posted a server list, looks like we might be playing on Skavenblight.

25. Raiden Wakanda Forever

Skavenblight? Is that a Core RP server? I dunno about a RP server because does that mean we have to RP?

#50 Raiden, Sep 13, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2008