Warner Bros Remakes 'The Bodyguard'

I love the original, call it a guilty pleasure or whatever but I think it's a good thriller with a decent central love story, some drama, tension and a great soundtrack.

Same here.

Has she been mentioned before or something? because actually she seems the most likely candidate to me, a little younger than I'd go for but out of the singer options out there Rihanna has the best crossover appeal IMO.

No, that was just some lame humour on my part. I was jokingly suggesting her needing a bodyguard after the beating she took. It's lame, I know. :woot:

Even though this movie doesnt need a remake I would like to see either Alicia keys (who has proven to be able to act) or maybe Rihanna who we will see in next years 'battleship' movie so if she does good in that I would like to see her both have major appeal.

Alicia Keys will be a good choice. Or maybe Jennifer Hudson. And then someone like Daniel Craig or Jeremy Renner for the Costner part.

They probably will go for the Taylor Swift/Miley Cyrus and Channing Tatum-like actor route though

Why remake? 'The Bodyguard' is a classic, one of the best Kevin Costner films.

:(

You just answered your own question. Basically anything that was successful in the past is now likely going to be remade.

No, that was just some lame humour on my part. I was jokingly suggesting her needing a bodyguard after the beating she took. It's lame, I know. :woot:

Doh! :doh: Can't believe I didn't pick up on that.

IS the Bodyguard really a classic? I mean sure it has its fans but I would not call it a classic.
But then again whenever something gets rebooted/remade the original becomes a classic

Why?

I want to meet the guy who green lit this and have him sit me down and try to convince me this is a good idea. watch it star liam neeson and mariah carey.

But then again whenever something gets rebooted/remade the original becomes a classic

+1

Can't wait when Van Helsing is remade in 20 years and people claim what a classic it was lol

FAIL! :cmad:

anyway, better to remake this than the Lethal Weapon films. still sucks though.

they will try to cast youg actors.but can a good bodyguard be younger then 30? you need experience right?

IS the Bodyguard really a classic? I mean sure it has its fans but I would not call it a classic.

Hard to say if it's a bona fide classic, but when it came out I remember it being very popular.

Hard to say if it's a bona fide classic, but when it came out I remember it being very popular.

It was a big hit at the time, but I'm not sure it ever reached classic status. If it did, I'm guessing because the song never went away.

I was hoping for a remake of the Adam Baldwin classic "My Bodyguard".

Channen Tanem is John De Bodigaard in "The Bodyguard"

It was a big hit at the time, but I'm not sure it ever reached classic status. If it did, I'm guessing because the song never went away.
Oh god, the song! :doh:

Dolly Parton as the singer. This time it's personal for that Whitney **** taking her song and making it even more popular and powerful. :funny:

It's going to be Beyonce. I'm calling it right now.

And she'll play the body guard. AAAAND the singer.

And she'll be in whiteface male drag for her role as the bodyguard.

Can Beyonce successfully play a white man? We'll see in 2013. :awesome::up:

Hoping for in the role that Whitney Houston played: Rihanna. Beyonce would not be a bad choice if she wasn't in "A Star is Born." Alicia Keyes and Jennifer Hudson would also not be bad either. Or perhaps they go with a more experienced actress who's also a good singer such as Rosario Dawson (has Broadway experience and can sing).

Hopefully, they don't go "ghetto" with the film and cast Nicki Minaj. If they do that'll automatically doom the film (although she wasn't too bad on Saturday Night Live).

especially now that whitney's gone.. I'm not comfortable with the idea of a remake..

I was hoping for a remake of the Adam Baldwin classic "My Bodyguard".

NOOOOO, Matt Dillon made the perfect little a$$hole, and Adam Baldwin was also perfect in it as a young man who lost his way.

I forgot all about this thing. I wonder if they're going to put it on the backburner for a while so it doesn't seem like a tasteless money grab.

Also, never heard about that Beyonce film with Clint Eastwood, that's quite a surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"