Comics Was it a good idea to destroy the Parker marriage?

Orest

Civilian
Reaction score
Do u think Marvel was unto something when they decided to destroy the Parker marriage? Most people say that Marvel was just plain lazy to keep on writing on the Parker marriage. I think that they weren't lazy at all. As a matter of fact, I actually belive that they will bring everything back or some kind of miracle. They are just testing new things and they are trying to see how everything will work out with BND. Its not BND anymore. Its been like a year since OMD. So eventually BND will go away. So the main question is..... Do u think Marvel was unto something when they decided to cancel the Parker marriage?

U decide

didn't work for Dallas and it isn't working for spider-man.

if they really wanted to do it, i think there were other ways that they could of done it besides the path they chose.

Another thing is, Peter Parker is supposed to represent the everyman, he's the super hero that normal people could relate too, and what do normal people do? they get married. and thats one of the reasons that i liked the marriage. People can't be kids forever.

I do think that marvel is planning something big somewhere down the line, i mean with all the hate they've been catching, its just arrogant to ignore it. You can't make a deal with the devil (Mephisto is a devil like creature even if he is not the devil himself) or evil for that matter without repercussions.

Wouldn't Prof. X of anyone know that his brain was tampered with?

I totally agree. They are having a major vent probably somewhere in the future. But still, I think that deleting MJ was kinda harsh. They should have done something else or maybe ERASE something else. But it did make a lot of sense when Mephisto said that taking marriage is like stabbing the lord himself. Be taking away love from two people is like stabbing god.

if they really wanted to do it, i think there were other ways that they could of done it besides the path they chose.

Another thing is, Peter Parker is supposed to represent the everyman, he's the super hero that normal people could relate too, and what do normal people do? they get married. and thats one of the reasons that i liked the marriage. People can't be kids forever.

I do think that marvel is planning something big somewhere down the line, i mean with all the hate they've been catching, its just arrogant to ignore it. You can't make a deal with the devil (Mephisto is a devil like creature even if he is not the devil himself) or evil for that matter without repercussions.

Wouldn't Prof. X of anyone know that his brain was tampered with?

Everyman's a dumb term, and I hate when people use it. Because "every man" has genius level intellect and able to improvise webshooters when he get's spider powers. People should care less if they can relate to fictional characters as long as they get entertained.

By the way New Ways To Die tackles the forgetting issue. Crap. Sounds like I'm Defending Brand New *****e now.

Everyman's a dumb term, and I hate when people use it. Because "every man" has genius level intellect and able to improvise webshooters when he get's spider powers. People should care less if they can relate to fictional characters as long as they get entertained.

By the way New Ways To Die tackles the forgetting issue. Crap. Sounds like I'm Defending Brand New Day now.

And now it's in my post, so you can't edit it later... lol... :woot:

:oldrazz: :oldrazz: :oldrazz:

:cwink:

By the way New Ways To Die tackles the forgetting issue. Crap. Sounds like I'm Defending Brand New *****e now.

fail.jpg

So far IDK what u guys are talking about even though I started the thread. LOL. But yeh, again. I believe they didnt have to completely DEMOLISH their marriage. They couldve had Mephisto take something else away. like Petes soidey powers. That would have been pretty crazy dont ya think?

In a word: no. They retconned 20 years of history and did stupid ****. The only difference in stories is now Peter is going out with hot girls in between the same stories that could have been done when he was married, even though he is a bum and free loader on Aunt May's couch.

So, no.

I see where ur going. But still, imagine the fact of having SpiderMan without SpiderMan. That would have been cool but only for like 10vcomics and eventually they would make a book into it and it would be like every other Marvel/SpiderMan event.

Well, I already posted, but I forgot to answer the whole question.:whatever:

IMO it was a bad idea. It's true that it makes character older, but why is that a bad thing? It's fun to read about adult, who was a kid, but has now grown up. Also, Peter's and MJ's relationship can be gold, if it is written right.

I think it was not a good idea to end the marriage. I've never had a problem with it and it's always been great, however, BND is a great story that I'm, without question, enjoying alot. :up:

Well, I already posted, but I forgot to answer the whole question.:whatever:

IMO it was a bad idea. It's true that it makes character older, but why is that a bad thing? It's fun to read about adult, who was a kid, but has now grown up. Also, Peter's and MJ's relationship can be gold, if it is written right.

I agree,
which made it even better when looking at the back issues...
now Paparazzi Pete is acting even more childish than when he was a teen.

What's up with all these pointless threads? :confused:

Thier not pointless and if u dont like them dont go on them. U dont need to be offensive about it. and btw. Like I said. I think that destroying the marriage wasnt all that great but they should have Mephisto take away something esle

In a word: no. They retconned 20 years of history and did stupid ****. The only difference in stories is now Peter is going out with hot girls in between the same stories that could have been done when he was married, even though he is a bum and free loader on Aunt May's couch.

So, no.

:huh:

Pete made a load of cash and got his own apartment like 1-2 months ago.

Personally, I just think it's very, very narrowminded for people to think that having Parker get married to a gorgeous girl takes away the ability to relate to the character. In fact, I think it acutally helped in a way. Because no matter how many times this guy keeps getting screwed over (and keep in mind that it still happened constantly even while he was married) he would always have this beautiful, wonderful and loving woman by his side that he could share himself with and who would usually support his decisions (and also keep in mind that the marriage was NEVER perfect, they argued and disagreed on things a lot, just like all married couples). I always thought that was a very endearing and heartwarming aspect of the series, no matter how badly written everything else in the stories was. Oh yeah, and the banter and interaction between them was always just too cute for words (especially in the last few years). But anyway, thinking that Parker should just constantly stay single and always have nothing but bad luck is very shortsighted and narrowminded, it would get so boring and tedious after a while. But that's just my opinion though.

No it wasn't a good idea. Marvel handled the situation in probably the worst way possible. I've already stated time and time again that Peter/MJ were my favorite couple in all of comics. They were also one of the main reasons for me reading the Spider-man comics. It's not just that the marriage is gone, but also it seems like all the things that made Spider-man great are also gone.

So...no it wasn't a good idea. The character is pretty much unrecognizable to me right now.

jeez. so much hate for marvel at the time. So many ppl left SpiderMan because of what happened. I didnt like it in the beginning either but u have to give it a chance. Now im starting to like it but I do think they need to either put more or add more to the comics coz it ticks me off waiting a week ,another week, and then 2 weeks and nothing good happens. If these comics came out everyday then ok its cool I can wait for something good, but they dont so u have to hope that maybe. just maybe something good or interesting will happen in the next comic. Do u guys see where im going?

I have to hand it to the add-wizards at Marvel, I don't think anyone could of done a worse job at destroying the marriage and the book at the same time. They could of done it a while ago and not just hyped up bad stories about new costumes and powers. They kept on going and were never going to pay-off the biggest Spidey of all time and didn't do a thing.

Yeah, this is the end of Spider-man, folks. This Peter Parker (whomever he is, he's not the same person as the guy I used to read) is not worth saving. He's just a guy who does idiotic stuff and then tries to get out of it. Then he does it again.

So, it doesn't matter if he's married or not, now.

After carefully returning to the question and contemplating it there are really two good answers.

The short answer: No.

The Long answer: **** no.

I'm not sure, I stopped reading spiderman because of this. What's the point of a serial comic if they just reset whenever they feel like it. And why wasn't Ultimate Spiderman (which I also didn't read) enough?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"