Watchmen: Great Graphic Novel or Greatest Graphic Novel?

A GREAT Graphic Novel.

Dark Knight Return is the GREATEST GRAPHIC NOVEL.....Evah!
I actually enjoyed Batman Year One more...heck even TLH more...(i own TDKR though and like it...Man who laughs is my favorite batman story)
I believe after reading Watchmen recently that it is truly the best GN ive read.

It's definitely in personal top 5, but I don't think I can call any graphic novel "the best". Literature is art, and I don't believe art can be judged in any objective sense.

that sounds like something Alan Moore would say!

I think I probably agree & I would say it is good.... hell GREAT but not the greatest

I actually enjoyed Batman Year One more...heck even TLH more...(i own TDKR though and like it...Man who laughs is my favorite batman story)
I believe after reading Watchmen recently that it is truly the best GN ive read.

:cmad:

Greatest GN IMO. Can't think of any other GN that can fit realism, science fiction, suspense, drama, and soooooo many multilayered stories and characters into a graphic novel. The supporting cast is incredibly unique and supports an even more incredible story.

Watchmen...Greatest Graphic Novel Ever...Hands Down...

^^
I concur!
I just love it! Everything works and its very philosophical and thought provoking....and its so true! Just look at human calamities, ala 9/11, people put aside their difference and united...its like something bad has to happen in order for something good (people uniting) to occur. Craziness!

But please can anyone reccomend some really good graphic novels for me to read? Im talking like the best of the best!

It's probably my second favorite graphic novel, with my first being The Long Halloween.

Batman: Year One is the greatest, closely seconded by DKR, Watchmen is probably my third fave.

DKR is probably #1
for most overrated GN of all time:cwink:

Watchmen is my favorite...so far.

I finally got round to buying the Watchmen novel last weekend. I wanted to read it at least a couple of times before the movie comes out. My expectations were high but fortunately they were also met, its a truly awesome graphic novel and now I'm superhyped for the movie. I wouldn't say it's the best graphic novel I've ever read, but its definitely in the top 3 and on a par with Dark Knight Returns.

Gaz

Watchmen and Maus are the two greatest graphic novels of all time.

One of the greatest for sure... But i even think it´s not the best from Alan Moore. That place would be for the much underrated (in this boards, at least...) From Hell.

yeah its a my favorite, but i still have a lot more i want to read

I'm gonna go on record to say that Watchmen is far, far superior to The Dark Knight Returns (which, while I find it to be a good book, is very overrated). The writing and the art are just so much better than Miller's.

It's neither...

It's a really great 12 issue maxi-series that got put into tradepaperback form and people started calling it a "graphic novel" to satiate their own pretentiousness...

:yay:

The Dark Knight Returns is good but it also kinda relies on the fact that you know who batman is before reading the book, I don't think it would be as good if you had no idea who batman was or knew the batman universe before you read it.

So watchmen.

Watchmen is great is it the greatest I cant say... There are so many others I havent read that could be better... I dont know how anyone could say unless they have read every other graphic novel ever published... There are still graphic novels be published that I havent read... But I liked Brian Azzarello’s Joker graphic novel more in more with each read... Its the last one I bought...

Watchmen is good. Very good, but not great. It does a good job of getting out the message it set out to, and developed a very fleshed out world. My biggest issue with it is that it's often proclaimed to be "realistic", it's not. It's cynical, because to be realistic it would need to address all sides of the world, not just the negative, and there was not a strong positive scene in the book.

Watchman is NOT a graphic novel!!!!

GN's contain original material while TPB's have reprinted material...

%$#... :cmad:

:csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"