Watchmen Teaser

Have some dramatic music, then show the bloody smile, with a few short flashes of the charactors, then "Who Watches The Watchmen" "2009"

Only thing we have heard was that the teaser was shown at that European Expo and "was big."

6.27.08 Source: Collider.com

So, Zack Snyder won Best Director for 300 at this year’s Saturn Awards and while he was backstage carrying his award off, he gave another video interview.

I'm guessing the video was shot at the end of the night because Snyder seemed pretty tired and perhaps a bit “partied out” from the event.

Regardless, he dropped a few more Watchmen tidbits that are very much worth reporting.

First, It seems we will be getting our first look at Dr. Manhattan a lot sooner than we had thought According to Snyder,

I think you will see Manhattan before Comic-Con. That's my feeling. But there's other stuff that you will see that's crazy at Comic-Con.

So, what do you guys think will be in the teaser? Personally, I hope we get...

-Someone breaking into the Comedian's apartment.
-Him getting tossed out the window.
-Rorschach on the street, shooting his grappling hook.
-Rorschach finding Comedian's suit and picture of the Minutemen.
-Rorschach at Dan's home, telling him about Comedians death.
-Dan by the Owlship and his old suit, looking depressed.
-A bunch of quick shots
-The last shot being Manhattan when he first appears in front of Janey Slater and Wally Weaver.
-The title then appears with Rorschach narrating "On friday night, a comedian died in New York."
-Then the release date appears with the ticking clock. Blood starts to run down the clock.

I may be hoping for too much...

The TDK teaser was just voiceover but they could get away with that. The first trailer gave us a taste of The Joker but still could've worked as a teaser. 300 had "no names" and had to settle for their visuals and "Frank Miller." So I expect we will see a lot in the teaser.

300 Teaser
[YT]lnRY0c-N2QE[/YT]

The Dark Knight Trailer 1
[YT]j3JtIkTktz0[/YT]

The Dark Knight is tracking like crazy, with the watchmen teaser attached, that can mean only good things for this film. :D

I'd really like to see the teaser use the song "The Day The World Went Away" by Nine Inch Nails.

I'd really like to see the teaser use the song "The Day The World Went Away" by Nine Inch Nails.

I was about to say no, that it should have music from the time period of 1985, until I realized that 300 used NIN aswell and it took place centuries ago. After listening to it on youtube, I agree wholeheartedly.

i hope they would use the opening words of the graphic novel with rorschach narrating. i always thought the first couple lines were especially brilliant.

The Dark Knight is tracking like crazy, with the watchmen teaser attached, that can mean only good things for this film. :D

It has to be a damn good teaser though, or people arent really going to notice that much.

i hope they would use the opening words of the graphic novel with rorschach narrating. i always thought the first couple lines were especially brilliant.

Now that i think about it, that would be great! Have that dialogue playing while a couple clips play.

Having Rorschach or Manhattan narrating the teaser would be kickass to me. Just hearing them speak would be enough to knock my socks off.

I expect to see a Watchman trailer in front of the IMAX version of The Dark Knight... Just over 2 min long.

Does anyone think that the Watchmen Teaser might be released as the latest Video Journal of the 6th of July? We know that the trailer is in front of the Dark Knight, but it could come online before being shown in cinemas.

Does anyone think that the Watchmen Teaser might be released as the latest Video Journal of the 6th of July? We know that the trailer is in front of the Dark Knight, but it could come online before being shown in cinemas.

Ooooh. On my birthday. That would be amazing.

I hope not. We were promised 12 video journals, why waste one on a trailer we'll get anyways?

I hope not. We were promised 12 video journals, why waste one on a trailer we'll get anyways?
They already wasted one on showing us....get this....how they "burn" people for movies. Them showing that they were capable of recreating simple comic book art in the first 2 videos was proof enough that they're capable of translating a brilliant graphic novel into a vastly different medium. But knowing that they can use controlled fire to burn people without killing them just has me sold that this will be a decent film.

They already wasted one on showing us....get this....how they "burn" people for movies. Them showing that they were capable of recreating simple comic book art in the first 2 videos was proof enough that they're capable of translating a brilliant graphic novel into a vastly different medium. But knowing that they can use controlled fire to burn people without killing them just has me sold that this will be a decent film.

Yeah. Exactly. I'd rather see a trailer than some thirty second piece documenting some minor, pointless duty on the set of the Watchmen. Give me something worth seeing.

The TDK teaser was just voiceover but they could get away with that. The first trailer gave us a taste of The Joker but still could've worked as a teaser. 300 had "no names" and had to settle for their visuals and "Frank Miller." So I expect we will see a lot in the teaser.

300 Teaser

Now I gotta go watch 300

If a bootleg version hit You Tube before TDK came out or you couldn't see TDK opening weekend would you watch the teaser online or wait until you saw it on the big screen?

i hope we get giant manhattan walking in vietnam

We probably will, Snyder himself said that scene will be in the trailer. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"