World Web shooter shop class - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking about the web shooter from that kid on youtube. Someone said it might have been 'goofydagooftv'. I was just saying yes to that.

Okay, I got a couple of problems here... first of all, it's kind of easy to tell that he is older than 10. He's only a year younger than I, and I can tell you with all certainty that I am a bit older than eleven.
Second of all, it was not double tapped. It only activates with a single button tap, as long as it is held.
And third, it is as small as the movie shooter, not really. All the work is done with a servo motor attached to a tank in the backpack, which provides the pressure on its own. And the thing on his wrist is just a housing. There's actually nothing in it except the tubing which didn't need to route through it in the first place.

Constructed new cap after the old one failed. Hopefully this one will hold up. If it does not, I will replace the coupler. If that doesn't work, it's on to spraying weeds so I can use the tank...

Sorry, I'm not exactly a genius when it comes to this stuff. I saw it, andI thought it was what I was thinking. Brain just got ahead of me. And as for his age... Yea, my bad lol
But anyway, I'm glad we're progressing... Well, you guys are, I'm not doing anything except putting in my opinions, which in retrospect aren't very good.

Sorry guys for being a lot of time out does somebody reminds me?

Hey everyone, sorry for being out for a while, my computer was having some issues that I had to get sorted. The next chance I get I'm going to check for springs at home depot. They might have the tube I need also. Wadaltmon, I'm liking the pictures! Unfortunately my absence online was also an absence of me in my workshop, so no further progress has been made. Everything is harder to do when it's cold, I hate it. But it's just a small kink I have to work out, but the physics are solid, I even found out recently that my parent's humidifier has a similar valve to that which I'm constructing for my shooter, so I'm on the right track. And even though its a while off, with my birthday in June, I'm finding some organic chemistry books and things like that so I can spend my summer prepping for AP Chem and actually creating a fluid scientifically. I'll try to put some time in tomorrow, but if not my week isn't too busy.

Ouuuuuchh, AP Chem? Good luck. It's a good class, you learn way more in-depth than regular Chem, but it's pretty hard. I got a B+ in it last term, and that's not to be taken lightly. And there's not a lot of organic in ap chem, so I suggest you look more into rates of reactions and equlibriums. Organic is the last unit of the year, and it's not all that long. But good luck with AP Chem. It's a good class, but only if you know what you're doing.
But anyways, on to the shooter. It is harder to do things when it's cold, I agree... adhesives won't dry, stuff breaks easier, etc. But do not be discouraged.
I figured out why my shooter CO2 puncture system hasn't been working. The needle has been bending. I may just have to go to a tank, pushing back the deadline. Oh well, at least it's basically guaranteed to work.

P.S. Not entirely related to web shooters but still fairly interesting... http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexknapp/2013/02/23/prototype-suit-gives-you-real-life-spider-sense/

Last edited:
Ouuuuuchh, AP Chem? Good luck. It's a good class, you learn way more in-depth than regular Chem, but it's pretty hard. I got a B+ in it last term, and that's not to be taken lightly. And there's not a lot of organic in ap chem, so I suggest you look more into rates of reactions and equlibriums. Organic is the last unit of the year, and it's not all that long. But good luck with AP Chem. It's a good class, but only if you know what you're doing.
But anyways, on to the shooter. It is harder to do things when it's cold, I agree... adhesives won't dry, stuff breaks easier, etc. But do not be discouraged.
I figured out why my shooter CO2 puncture system hasn't been working. The needle has been bending. I may just have to go to a tank, pushing back the deadline. Oh well, at least it's basically guaranteed to work.

P.S. Not entirely related to web shooters but still fairly interesting... http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexknapp/2013/02/23/prototype-suit-gives-you-real-life-spider-sense/

I think I just found my next project... :oldrazz:

Canister is just not working. Going to go with a tank. I'll see if I can get a refillable thing from the hardware store. Once it's modified, the shooter will be done.

This video definitely deserves to be embedded (it's me in the video):
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqnSd-vYB9k[/YT]

hey! sup guys...am i the only one who cant see it? or did u just recently take it down

That's amazing dude! Now, didn't you have a fluid? Or does it work with the shooter?

I want to join this project I am in grade 9 and I am about to take chemistry in science soon

I want to join this project I am in grade 9 and I am about to take chemistry in science soon

You don't really have to ask to join this project. You can join whenever you want :) We always welcome new ideas.

sweet can't wait for this thing to be made when it all works first thing i'm gonna do is jump off a building..... and web swing !!!!!

Last edited:
sorry been out for a while

o .. and may i join this cool project ?

i got some ideas...

Last edited:
sweet can't wait for this thing to be made when it all works first thing i'm gonna do is jump off a building..... and web swing !!!!!

Unfortunately, unless you jumped a distance of less than something like 30 feet, your arms would rip off and you would bleed to death.

Also, see what I said above... you don't have to ask to join this project. You can just join.

oh nermind about jumping then.. still would like to play with a web shooter. and i'm in

i checked out white widows website ( real web tech) it's pretty cool in the photos i seen one guys webbing that looked almost like the real stuff check it out.

Last edited:
i checked out white widows website ( real web tech) it's pretty cool in the photos i seen one guys webbing that looked almost like the real stuff check it out.

It's not White_widow's web site, it is all of our website to put up pictures and stuff. And if you're talking about any of these pictures, then it's not actual webbing, he molded it with his hands.

oh i thought white widow made it my bad and i just thought that webbing was real sorry.

i have a question about the web shooter how do you make the spinneret?

Some information on what formula you are using would help with the design.

oh i thought white widow made it my bad and i just thought that webbing was real sorry. i have a question about the web shooter how do you make the spinneret?
You don't have to apologize :yay: Just letting you know what's what.
Really, all it needs to be is a piece of metal with holes in it. But, depending on the formula, it can be different.

Last edited:
well havent decided on the formula yet because i'm trying to figure out how the ingredients work with each other. but doesn't the spinneret have to rotate as the webbing shoots out ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back