World Web shooter shop class - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I am new to the forum and I have been following this forum for quite some time now. Wadaltmon, I have a question. For your shooter, have you checked which webbing formula works with it?

Not yet, although I have done a clean run with just acetone without anything happening. So, theoretically, any acetone-soluble formula will work.

wadaltmon, hows the formula going? I'm currently working on my newest shooter design, and might post on the webtech site, but I want to wait until I see this thing work, but I'm at a stumbling block with the acetone right now. And on your video, you use a plastic-looking tank, but wouldn't THAT melt? And where O where did you get that WONDERFUL TUBE!!!

Hey, do you guys still check the web shooter site with posting new ideas because as far as I can see, iron_spider is inactive.

wadaltmon, hows the formula going? I'm currently working on my newest shooter design, and might post on the webtech site, but I want to wait until I see this thing work, but I'm at a stumbling block with the acetone right now. And on your video, you use a plastic-looking tank, but wouldn't THAT melt? And where O where did you get that WONDERFUL TUBE!!!

It doesn't melt with the acetone, as far as I know. Unless it has been melting from the inside without my knowledge. And the tube came with the tank.

And to respond to your other post, iron_spider has been inactive for quite a while. However, since the site is still up, I still post stuff there from time to time. However, in my next video, I will reveal my new site that is only for my projects. On this site, I am posting my new book about the web shooter project, entitled "110 Weeks". Also on this site, I will release posters and concept art and photos for my upcoming Spider-Man film that I am making.

This brings me to my next point... I won't be working on the shooter as thoroughly for a while, due to a simple lack of materials which are being shipped. However, those materials will not arrive for a month or so, so I must wait for the formula supplies. Also, in the interim and during some of my free time, I am making a Spider-Man film.

Interesting. I am also writing a book that includes the web shooters that I'm building, but its realistic fiction, not a bio of the shooter project. Its called "UNTITLED DOCUMENT". Maybe I will one day though. You, among many, would DEFINITELY be recognized as an important contributor to my success (that is if I DO succeed). Any dates with this spiderman film?

Also, have you patented your shooter/formula yet?

In response to the film question, I hope to have the script finished by the end of next week, if not a bit earlier. I'm then planning a total of around 40 hours to shoot and do all the stunts without green screen, then around 100 hours with green screen, and another 150 or so hours to do all the other effects on the computer (all of this is probably an over-approximation though). Then editing and cutting will take around 5 hours, if that. I'm expecting to be done by the middle of July.
In response to the patent, yes I've patented the safety algorithm, as well as the solenoid-relay configuration within it as controlled by the program (well, technically I didn't patent it, I had my dad do it). Everything else is something anyone could figure out anyway.
EDIT: BTW this is 666th post. Just thought I might say that.

Hey guys! I've been busy with school recently, and haven't been able to post anything. Welcome to the forums anyone to which I have not seen, and to Wadaltmon; it seems obvious that the shooter(while nothing like the awesome movie version) is fully functional, all outside of the formula. That one WW posted on DeviantArt, I think it was... Would it apply to this shooter well? Because I've gotten it written down, and if it works, I'll put it on this page to save everyone the trouble of going back to find it. I just want to make sure there's a possibility before I post a useless formula.

You mean this? That's my formula from quite a while ago. Feel free to post the text from there, if you wish. I have no idea if it would work with this shooter, though I am going to try to make a better formula.

You mean this? That's my formula from quite a while ago. Feel free to post the text from there, if you wish. I have no idea if it would work with this shooter, though I am going to try to make a better formula.

I think that link will work fine. I was just making sure before I reposted the formula that wouldn't work. How's everything with everyone else? Anything I've missed since I've been gone?(now I'm thinking of that Kelly Clarkson son :D)

I think that link will work fine. I was just making sure before I reposted the formula that wouldn't work. How's everything with everyone else? Anything I've missed since I've been gone?(now I'm thinking of that Kelly Clarkson son :D)

Hi, I'll help you out there! Some new people have joined the forums, I have a new idea, and we have some announces from Wadaltmon. I'll just re-post them here. It'll be good for others too as a refresher.

Me:
Hey guys. So technicly I'm not new to the forums because I've watched these threads and made my own designs for about 2 years, and then I stopped for a half a year, and now I'm back and ready to help. @spectacular: congratulations on your new baby! @whitewidow, if you ever see this, know that you were and still are my idol for like 2 years.
BTW guys, I know that widow left for his mission trip a while ago (cried when I saw it), but does he ever pop in every once in a while? Anyway, you guys are all awsome, and I hope that you all make more progress with this stuff!
Anyway I've got some cool ideas. So what about instead of CO2, we use a small water pump. you can get one at most walmarts for like 15-20 bucks. each are smaller that the average CO2 cartridge. Now, it would need a 9 volt battery, and the web fluid would need to have the viscosity of water.
Also, what about, and this is only if your not using a cartridge, instead of using a tank, you could use a water bladder. They're cheep, strong, flexible, easy too remove and clean, and if you were to strap it to your back, no one would notice. If you want to use a big one, put it in a back pack, and then you could also fill it with other stuff.
I also have another idea for web fluid expulsion, but I'm saving that little tidbit for later.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/cata...atalogId=10053
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ini+water+pump
http://www.amazon.com/Bissell-BISSEL...=water+bladder

Wadaltmon:
In my next video, I will reveal my new site that is only for my projects. On this site, I am posting my new book about the web shooter project, entitled "110 Weeks". Also on this site, I will release posters and concept art and photos for my upcoming Spider-Man film that I am making.
This brings me to my next point... I won't be working on the shooter as thoroughly for a while, due to a simple lack of materials which are being shipped. However, those materials will not arrive for a month or so, so I must wait for the formula supplies. Also, in the interim and during some of my free time, I am making a Spider-Man film.

Me:
Interesting. I am also writing a book that includes the web shooters that I'm building, but its realistic fiction, not a bio of the shooter project. Its called "UNTITLED DOCUMENT". Maybe I will one day though. You, among many, would DEFINITELY be recognized as an important contributor to my success (that is if I DO succeed). Any dates with this spiderman film?

Wadaltmon:
In response to the film question, I hope to have the script finished by the end of next week, if not a bit earlier. I'm then planning a total of around 40 hours to shoot and do all the stunts without green screen, then around 100 hours with green screen, and another 150 or so hours to do all the other effects on the computer (all of this is probably an over-approximation though). Then editing and cutting will take around 5 hours, if that. I'm expecting to be done by the middle of July.
In response to the patent, yes I've patented the safety algorithm, as well as the solenoid-relay configuration within it as controlled by the program (well, technically I didn't patent it, I had my dad do it). Everything else is something anyone could figure out anyway.
EDIT: BTW this is 666th post. Just thought I might say that.

Yeah you guys probably don't even know me but could you guys maybe send me links to all the supplies I need. Maybe make a brief summary of what has happened from 2013-present?

By the way I'm 12 and I just learned about viscosity, adhesives, and thats all really.

I also really like the backpack idea, but will it make a loud annoying sound is what I'm wondering?

Yeah you guys probably don't even know me but could you guys maybe send me links to all the supplies I need. Maybe make a brief summary of what has happened from 2013-present?

Uhh, I sort of just did that for someone else, so scroll up. I also want to say this: I know that this is the first result on google for "how to make spider-man webshooters", but don't get to excited. Please do not be one of those kids who just came here thinking that we had a concrete design that we would just send you, and you could make them in a jiffy, jump off a building, and be spider-man, because I can't tell you how many times that has happened here. Usually it starts with "hey guys could you send me the link for you design with instructions...", not to discourage you though. Infact, many of our best contributors today started that way and actually joined this project. BTW, "this project" happens to be some guys on the internet who are working together to build our own. Everyone has there own design and uses, but know that you won't be able to swing in these. But yeah, if you like, join us! (ask you parents first about using the internet to talk to people that you don't know please, though rest assured most of us are still in high school, if not younger. I, myself, am in 9th grade. Join us, and be here to welcome back White Widow, the creator of our alien spider-human race, in two years for his triumphant return from his journey to defeat the symbiotes in the secret wars!

Hello all, and welcome newbies! Sorry about being gone, I honestly don't know why I haven't been working on my shooter recently, I've just had so much going on. March is usually the busiest time of year for me for some reason. But I'm back now just checking in to see the progress. I'm off on spring break now so I'll for sure force myself into the basement to get some work done before I go back to school on monday. I might even try to go to home depot soon. I'm still looking for a @%*&!# spring for my release valve, but aside from that it's just a matter of gluing stuff together. Also, let me know how the books turn out! Thats not a bad idea. And the spiderman movie sounds pretty sweet, too wadaltmon. Do you actually have legit cameras and greenscreens? If not I know there are some programs that come with greenscreens for your computer. I had one when I was like eight, but the quality was awful. I had a lightsaber fight with my brother and his green lightsaber wound up being part of the green screen lol. So I'll still be back and checking in but probably not too frequently, and I'll keep you posted when I make some headway on finishing my shooter.

JMA610

Wow, it seems that there's a lot of people returning from a vacation from the shooters, so its a good thing that I put up that summary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"