World Web shooter shop class - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried shooting formula out the spinneret. Shot pretty far still bit I need to find a way to get it to dry faster...

I just tried shooting formula out the spinneret. Shot pretty far still bit I need to find a way to get it to dry faster...

what about making a formula with a solvent and a spinneret with a heating system so it could evaporate the solvent and dry faster

P.s: not my idea i rember that i saw it in a forum

thats what we're doing. its just still not fast enough. we're working on it anyway.

i have an idea about the heating system what about a resistance and with a 9 volts battery it would heat like a glue gun

too dangerous to have strapped to your arm. what we need is something called a heating coil

there was some guy named spider98 i think and he made a heating coil that worked very well

I am making the Q&A video. It's just taking a while. Plus I might be moving so I have to fix up the house.

Don't worry, we're all still here. Just a little busy.

Hello, first time poster here. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask about this, I'm looking to modify a spray bottle into "my first webshooter" (wrist strap, smaller stealth bottle, etc) and I was wondering seeing as I have no knowledge of hardware electronics, what would be the best old world mechanical method of activating the spray bottle trigger remotely? I've tried drawing out string based methods but they would require the design of the trigger/nozzle to be reversed. I would really appreciate it if somebody could help me out with this. Thank you for your time.

Hi, i ve been following this thread for awhile and i ve been working on my own webshooter too. Just a quick question, how is the spinneret's heater connected to the tube? ( what material is it made out of and how much volts is powering it )

Hi, i ve been following this thread for awhile and i ve been working on my own webshooter too. Just a quick question, how is the spinneret's heater connected to the tube? ( what material is it made out of and how much volts is powering it )

HII!

look this forum http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=389245
its WW one he is the lord of web shooters (wadalmton too ;))
there are two ways electrospinning or evaporating the solvent for evaporating it i will use a resistence conected to a 9 volts battery but with a transformer of 4 volts so it could evaporate the aquous acetone (thats my sovent) anyway its just a idea gope it helps!

hey i have a idea of the tank tell me what you think about it

1º take a bottle of coke reforced with duct tape or polymorph.

2º make a hole in the bottle with a drill and put a schrader valve then pressurize the bottle.

3º the pressurized tank is ready to use.

WHITE WIDOW IDEA

Last edited:
i have being looking in WW last forum and i see that he says "as the fluid passes the valve,it is heated enough to evaporate the solvents"
so what he is saying is that the heating coil will be in the valve?
for example if i have a solenoid valve the nichrom wire (heating resistence) should be in the valve? that sounds pretty insane but tell me what you think guys

I ve worked with coke bottles before and they can t hold in a lot of pressure. I m using a deodarant can instead.Also, thanks for the help. I ve already compleated the heating element and the pressure bottle already. Just need to connect the solenoid valve and the motor. Hope the fluid doesnt clog up :/

Last edited:
Correct me if i m wrong, the fluid comes out of the solenoid valve, is pushed through tiny holes, is then heated up by a coil (or anything), then something grabs these tiny threads and spins them into a rope by a motor?
I m not sure how the motor grabs the the threads.

White_widow said that the fluid has to be heated when it pasaes through the valve
and there are like 4 types of web shooting and not in all has to be a spinneret
or for example wadaltmon has a shooter that doesnt have a heating coil and a spinneret

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"