World Web shooter shop class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you post some photos, i want to see. Sounds interesting.

I've finished the cartridge but when I insert it into the steel nipple at the back,it managed to pierce the cover of the cartridge but the fluid and CO2 shot out everywhere with high strengh twice,got any tips to prevent that from happening(don't worry I wore my safety goggles) and could you tell me ways to mold aluminium at home.
That recreates this trailer; 1:10-1:15 ;
watch

Aww why didn't it work?! Anyway, I'm talking about the amazing spiderman trailer 3, where the webbing shoots in all directions and basically "blows up" in his face.

and that explosion of webbing was all cause by a crystal oscillator.The strange thing is that when I inserted the cartridge there was this small blue spark in the circuitry from the inside causing the web shooter to smoke.

Last edited:
I'm going to totally side with the web on this one and say that we are not trying to create a movie prop. We are trying to create a polymer extrusion device.

I know you guys are excited. I don't mean to knock you down, but I don't want us to be limited creatively to a box.

I just drew up a design for a web shooter that I designed... Well, part of the shooter is based on the comics. All in all, this fluid system, which I deem Maximus, is the most fluid a person can carry on them without carrying a tank. It should hold about 72-136 fluid oz, as opposed to the 8 oz that you can get through cartridges. It doesn't restrict movement, and you have the option to either hook up all of the fluid lines together, or fill them up in a sinch.

I'm not gonna lie though, I kind of over did it with the logo. I had actually made this prototype, but I had used materials that couldn't hold pressure. I slapped the logo on and I liked it so much that I'm gonna keep it on the design.

Also, you'll notice that this design doesn't have a way to wrap the fluid. Yup. My spinneret it not going to make one line. It's going to spit out about 10 strands. It'll be about the width of a pencil or a small rope. The reason? I want it to splatter when it hits something. That will maximize fluid contact and make the adhesive stick more. If any of the strands touch when they fire, it'll look like webbing any way. Will it lose tensile strength? Yeah. however, my design is meant to hold enough fluid so that it doesn't have to expand to get a functional bunch of shots. This design was based on the crackers and milk shooter and Ultimate comics: Spiderman shooter.

Look how only a few fibers are touching:

UltimateComicsSpider-Man_02_SecondPrintingVariant.jpg

and look how the webbing splatters in 3:48:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu6stY90awE

Finally, it can be made from parts found online, at a hardware store, and a Walmart. It's a bit pricey, but it could be made by the amount of money Parker won from his wrestling career.

My printer is kind of being a brat, but when I can hook it up, I'll post the maximus.

Last edited:
No worries man you're not knockng me down you just gave me ideas to the web shooter design like the comics or the Ben Reilly webshooter.The Maximus webshooter sounds pretty sweet hope you can post the blueprint soon.

This is my web shooter design. It has an intake valve to quickly absorb fluid from cans into the pressure vessel. The tech is kept to a minimum so I can get that nice splatter.

web_shooter_maximus_by_technolgytheorist-d52ii6g.jpg

and proof that this could be the right answer...

wearing_shooter_by_technolgytheorist-d3bi9ot.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. And I like the logo! Especially the one on the shooter. At first I thought it was a copy of the mask design, but then I realized it's the widow symbol. Very cool.

Thanks. The logo was on the original shooter. The pressure vessel on my arm looked like the abdomen of a spider. I added the logo and it kind of stuck.

Wow thats an awesome blueprint and loving that widow logo.So you're planning on building it?ehhh and if you don't mind could you explain how to make a copper wiring tract is,cause I'm having troubles with my trigger.

I might. It should be easy to build. Do you know how circuits work? Battery connects to a wire. Wire connects to a solenoid valve. Solenoid valve connects to wire. Wire connects to switch. Switch connects to wire. Wire goes back to battery. That is a basic circuit.

Replace a solenoid valve with a lightbulb and it's how a lamp works. It's really simple.., like insanely simple.

haha yeah... like rele simple. But if u dont want all the wires everywhere , then like maybe get a small circuit board ?

nah I'm just kidding with you guys,Its just that I got bored after tweaking with my webshooter parts for the whole night so don't take it the wrong way sorry:)also would it be possible to make a webshooter that shoots out the webbing like black suit spidey and spiderman 2099's(yeah his webshooters are organic) hand gesture where they flick their hand forward and the webbing comes out on the top of their wrist.

nah I'm just kidding with you guys,Its just that I got bored after tweaking with my webshooter parts for the whole night so don't take it the wrong way sorry:)also would it be possible to make a webshooter that shoots out the webbing like black suit spidey and spiderman 2099's(yeah his webshooters are organic) hand gesture where they flick their hand forward and the webbing comes out on the top of their wrist.

Why would you want to shoot it off the top of your hand? Just curious.

Why would you want to shoot it off the top of your hand? Just curious.
I'm not making it,I'm wondering whether if its possible for a webshooter can be design to be shot out from the top of my hand,again I'm soooo not making it and thanks for the tip on the dremel thing for my cartridge cause it worked the webbing managed to hold itself in the cartridge.

yeah, it's possible. Also, look how close we are to a thousand posts.

1000! Yeah I think somebody posted about that a while ago. I doubt that would work with what we're doing though, unless you made your own that can shoot the fluid instead of pepper spray. Different viscosity and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"