World Webbing formula - Part 1

Woh, holup, holup, holup, holup, holup, HOLUP! Did you say that you were using graphene in that reactor? How did YOU mine it! I mean, this isn't minecraft, you can't just pull up a crafting table and start dishin' that stuff out!

Woh, holup, holup, holup, holup, holup, HOLUP! Did you say that you were using graphene in that reactor? How did YOU mine it! I mean, this isn't minecraft, you can't just pull up a crafting table and start dishin' that stuff out!

My friend and I are going to build a nuclear reactor for our Engineering Development and Design class. We don't need a lot of graphene, we just have to prove that at some point it can work as effective radiation shielding.

"small fusion reactor"? I'm going to guess that you meant fission. Fusion is the stuff of legends. Its what dr Octavius was after. With it, a glass of water could power all of Earth for 20 years! Any attempt at a reactor has failed because nothing can contain the energy without falling apart.

Nope. Fusion. It's been done. We are using a vacuum chamber with a central fusor surrounded by photonic crystals which can be tuned to the heat of the infrared light emitted, and convert to electricity. It doesn't have to be that large. Photonic crystals can insulate well, especially in a vacuum chamber.

My friend and I are going to build a nuclear reactor for our Engineering Development and Design class. We don't need a lot of graphene, we just have to prove that at some point it can work as effective radiation shielding.

what university do you attend?

Guys, I know that callulose acetate is a big subject around here, but why not nanocellulose. I know that Widow couldn't get his hands on it due to the market not being ready yet, but you can make it youself! All you have to do is pound 100% pure cellulose (which I know walt has) and put it through an acid, such as hydochloric (the process is called hydrolysis). If it doesn't work as well, you don't have to switch. It's more of a gel, so i would work well with gel spinning (if anyone is still using that). Cellulose acetate is better for electro-spinning. Maybe you could use BOTH! I know that they can also be solved by water if tweaked a bit (if that helps anyone, but it won't harden quickly, unless there's a solution that I haven't found) so that you could hold it in plastics. Just an idea anyway.

hi i just arrived on this form awhile ago can any one send me a privte message with the current formula we have ? from what im reading it can hold ten pounds i would like to test this out

Guys, I know that callulose acetate is a big subject around here, but why not nanocellulose. I know that Widow couldn't get his hands on it due to the market not being ready yet, but you can make it youself! All you have to do is pound 100% pure cellulose (which I know walt has) and put it through an acid, such as hydochloric (the process is called hydrolysis). If it doesn't work as well, you don't have to switch. It's more of a gel, so i would work well with gel spinning (if anyone is still using that). Cellulose acetate is better for electro-spinning. Maybe you could use BOTH! I know that they can also be solved by water if tweaked a bit (if that helps anyone, but it won't harden quickly, unless there's a solution that I haven't found) so that you could hold it in plastics. Just an idea anyway.
Dude, hydrolysis is putting something ionic in water and the ions separating. Usually it is done with an acid to form H30+ and some sort of salt precipitate. So that's not hydrolysis. Cellulose acetate is used in many solutions that have to make glazes, like eye glasses and the stuff they put on the outside of playing cards. I actually know nothing about nano-cellulose except that it is composed of nano-fibers that can be used in inter-locking strength in the formula.
EDIT: Plus, hydrolysis is only in equilibrium reactions, meaning you would have to form a precipitate in order to get the stuff anyway, or make it into a gas. You would have to make one side of the reaction favored in order to do that.
Example of a hydrolysis reaction, using acetic acid with WATER to form the conjugates hydronium and acetate ions.
CH3COOH + H2O ↔ CH3COO− + H3O+

Last edited:
Dude, hydrolysis is putting something ionic in water and the ions separating. Usually it is done with an acid to form H30+ and some sort of salt precipitate. So that's not hydrolysis. Cellulose acetate is used in many solutions that have to make glazes, like eye glasses and the stuff they put on the outside of playing cards. I actually know nothing about nano-cellulose except that it is composed of nano-fibers that can be used in inter-locking strength in the formula.
EDIT: Plus, hydrolysis is only in equilibrium reactions, meaning you would have to form a precipitate in order to get the stuff anyway, or make it into a gas. You would have to make one side of the reaction favored in order to do that.
Example of a hydrolysis reaction, using acetic acid with WATER to form the conjugates hydronium and acetate ions.
CH3COOH + H2O ↔ CH3COO− + H3O+
Oh, tanks. BTW what material are you using for tubing and stuff for you shooter, cause I can't find one that won't melt in acetone

Oh, tanks. BTW what material are you using for tubing and stuff for you shooter, cause I can't find one that won't melt in acetone

Brass or iron tubing. Just use a lot of joints.

hmmm, interesting. BTW, my sources say that the acids in vinegar aren't pure enough to solve the cellulose into cellulose acetate. Instead all I get is soggy cotton balls.

hmmm, interesting. BTW, my sources say that the acids in vinegar aren't pure enough to solve the cellulose into cellulose acetate. Instead all I get is soggy cotton balls.

I didn't actually use vinegar. I used a 1.0M acetic acid solution I got. It's just easier to type vinegar than acetic acid or CH3COOH.

Last edited:
I got more cellulose today, as well as some xanthan gum. Though guar gum is the thixotropic one, I decided to use xanthan gum instead. Why? I don't care if it's thixotropic or not. I just want it to be shear thinning.
I ran a few tests with a new formula configuration I've been working on. I ran it through the shooter and... friends, I think this may be it. Look forward to a video. That's all I will say for now...

I find all of this pretty intriguing. Can someone PM me?

Last edited:
So we're in the middle of the process of increasing the viscosity of the webbing by adding how small of an amount of xanthan?
And where is the progress of the fluid right now?

Actual its to make it sheer thinning. Thats when its a solid when left alone, but when you apply pressure its a liquid, like Ketchup or Ooglep.

Okay gotcha. I'm a physicist so excuse me if I sound ignorant here.

Whoa, wait. You mean you actually have a degree and everything?

wow, look at that. 2 members and 3 guests on this thread all at the same time. That gotta be the most in a couple of months.

Elx- No. Not yet. Lol.
That's a lot of people on the forum. Is it because of the increased publicity of this project recently?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"