Sequels Well now that we have the Justice League Movie wse deserved... What's next?

riprat

Civilian
Reaction score
Thank God that I am John Titor and I have been travelling back in time and I can report that "Justice League Begins" was the hugest movie of 2015! $290 million on opening weekend was amazing, espically when you consider that the dollar was worth less in 2015. Adjusted for the dollars value in 2012 whn Avengers came out, Justice League Begins actually made $357 million in 2012 dollars opening weekend! What's next for the League?

Robot Johnny Depp and Robert Downey, Jr. clone #763 are up for Anti-Monitor after three-time Oscar winner Channing Tatum turned it down.

Thank God that I am John Titor and I have been travelling back in time and I can report that "Justice League Begins" was the hugest movie of 2015! $290 million on opening weekend was amazing, espically when you consider that the dollar was worth less in 2015. Adjusted for the dollars value in 2012 whn Avengers came out, Justice League Begins actually made $357 million in 2012 dollars opening weekend! What's next for the League?

They better make a sequel for that movie!:dry:

Mind grabbing me a copy of the DVD?

Star Wars and Superman would be cool too. ;)

A Kingdom Come movie on part 4 Superman vs. Shazam no holds barred.

There's a script floating around Hollywood now that has Wonder Woman as a Kryptonian descendant who basically comes to the US and engages in a sort of Dark Knight-proportions battle with Maxwell Lord ending with him switching sides and forming justice league. Which certainly strays from comics, but also supposedly echoes the whole concept of the modern world being afraid of feminist themes. Can anybody think of how they'd tie it in as to before or after Superman arriving on Earth?

Its probably a fan script , so it doesnt matter anyway.

Is there gonna be a structured DC film franchise?

2013 - Man of Steel
2015 - Superman/Batman
2017 - Justice League

Then we'll finally get a Superman 2, and a standalone Ben Affleck as Batman movie. I'm betting we'll get a Justice League movie before any standalone Batman, Flash or Wonder Woman movies, but they'll certainly be quick to get them in after Justice League.

At this point, I really do not care for a League project: I want del Toro's
'Dark' film to go into production.

Knowing Del Toro itll probably not happen. But if GDT is involved with the story and the visuals and he gets one of his proteges to direct I'd be cool with that. Maybe have it directed by the guy who did Mama or the guy who did The Orphanage? With GDT's guidance, and his story/visuals, either of them could knock it out of the parkaparkparkparkparkparka

Justice Lords vs Justice league!! Or make Injustice Gods Among Us as a movie. Not the first Justice League though, i guess it would kinda be like a crisis movie.

Knowing Del Toro itll probably not happen. But if GDT is involved with the story and the visuals and he gets one of his proteges to direct I'd be cool with that. Maybe have it directed by the guy who did Mama or the guy who did The Orphanage? With GDT's guidance, and his story/visuals, either of them could knock it out of the parkaparkparkparkparkparka

This is a really good solution to del Toro's committing to too many projects. :yay:

I think if Suicide Squad is a hit (along with Dr. Strange for Marvel) they'd do Justice League Dark and have Enchantress reprise her role hopefully.

Crisis on Infinite Earths is the absolute next logical step after a successful Justice League.

I think if Suicide Squad is a hit (along with Dr. Strange for Marvel) they'd do Justice League Dark and have Enchantress reprise her role hopefully.

Crisis on Infinite Earths is the absolute next logical step after a successful Justice League.

Yes, Crisis would be a good next step. I think it'll have to wait a bit though. JL is a two-parter at least and from rumors and such, check out the details in the JL1/2 thread under speculation, I think it will be:

JL1 - Death of Superman.

JL2 - World Without Superman

JL3 - Return of Superman.

The whole DOS comic arc set over 3 JL films.

See, this is why you should not abuse time travel. You stepped on too many butterflies, and now instead of "Justice League Begins", we're getting "Batman VS. Superman with a bunch of other people there who really don't need to be", and it's been pushed back a year from 2015. And Justice League is being broken in two parts, because sequels.

God knows what else you screwed up.

Yes, Crisis would be a good next step. I think it'll have to wait a bit though. JL is a two-parter at least and from rumors and such, check out the details in the JL1/2 thread under speculation, I think it will be:

JL1 - Death of Superman.

JL2 - World Without Superman

JL3 - Return of Superman.

The whole DOS comic arc set over 3 JL films.

um did you not see Batman v Superman. Superman died at the end of the film. Their not going to bring him back in to life in Justice League then kill him again and bring him back in Justice League 2. That would be utterly dumb.

This is one big grips I had with Batman v Superman and them pulling out Doomsday and killing Superman. First off they did a piss poor job of portraying Doomsday. They should saved him for a solo Superman film and did it right. I didn't have problem with Lex creating Doomsday. I think that would worked fantastically in a solo Superman film.

Second Batman v Superman was Stupid in that every one hated Superman through out the whole film. Then he gets knocked off and suddenly the world is grieve for him; give me a break. That's piss poor writing.

Also by killing him off and then bring him back in Justice League you ruin a great opportunity to show his death has on world. You do this by showing moments through other DCMU where guys like Flash show how much loosing Superman hurts and effects the. You basically do a World With out Superman in the other DC films. Then you bring him back in Justice League. However DC couldn't hold their wad and use that and wasted the opportunity.

All they did with Batman v Superman was give comic book fans everything they think we wanted. Now I'm sorry I want all those things but one I don't want it for sake of it. I want it done and done right not half ass which is exactly what they did.

The fight between Superman and Doomsday was epic beyond words. Doomsday just basically went in a tore apart everything in his path and then beat the living snot out Superman just for kicks. It took every ounce of energy to defeat him. The final moments of that fight was epic. Those two where hitting each other so hard that the concussion from their blows was shattering glass windows from buidlings. It was a knock down dredge out slug feast. What did we get for Doomsday Wonder-Women and Batman trying to fight him and then Superman spearing him and getting impaled in process; lame.

Also Batman and Wonder-Women would had no chance of remotely going toe to toe with Doomsday. In fact recently Wonder-Women though she could handle Doomsday and very quickly realize she was out of her depth and ran. That's how bad ass Doomsday is. We got stuck with a weak piss ant version of Doomsday.

Also you want to known Why Batman hasn't been green lite. Its not because of script issue and Ben waiting for right Script. It's because WB isn't willing to commit. Their not sure how well Wonder-Women and Justice League will do. Batman v Superman was a big disappointment. Audience hated the film and WB knows it. Then with flop that was Suicide Squad WB is realizing that unless the pull off a win with Wonder-Women and Justice League the rest of the DCMU will be a waste of time and are doomed to fail as no one will waste the time to go see them. They are trying to go different directions but it maybe to late for that. They hired wrong writers and went the wrong route and proved why Marvel is so successful.

I think Justice League will suck and I have no desire to see it. I am looking forward to Wonder-Women but that's about it.

um did you not see Batman v Superman. Superman died at the end of the film. Their not going to bring him back in to life in Justice League then kill him again and bring him back in Justice League 2.

To be fair Tobias wrote that in 2015, so no he hadn't seen Batman v Superman.

I agree that Doomsday/Death of Superman was far too soon.

To be fair Tobias wrote that in 2015, so no he hadn't seen Batman v Superman.

I agree that Doomsday/Death of Superman was far too soon.

Yeah they tried to cram two movies into one, The Dark Knight Returns and Death of Superman. Probably should have ended BvS with saving Martha and
Batman and Superman reconciling. Then do Death of Superman in another movie. Preferably a solo Superman movie, like Man of Steel 2.
Superman seems to die fighting Doomsday, recovers, and defeats Doomsday for good in the climatic battle.

Yeah they tried to cram two movies into one, The Dark Knight Returns and Death of Superman. Probably should have ended BvS with saving Martha and
Batman and Superman reconciling. Then do Death of Superman in another movie. Preferably a solo Superman movie, like Man of Steel 2.
Superman seems to die fighting Doomsday, recovers, and defeats Doomsday for good in the climatic battle.

Yes I would have rather seen that.

I'm a fan of CoIE. To see it done justice on the big screen at some point (no way straight after JL) would be a dream come true; but logistically it would be a nightmare. There's so much back-story to bring in first (to have any emotional weight audiences have to care about - and have an interest in - the different worlds/heroes at risk), in such a way that it's all worthwhile viewing in its own right - not just obvious 'cannon-fodder'. The original Crisis had nigh on fifty years of legitimate story-telling to play with. To do it on film would IMO take at least the ten years it's taken the MCU to get to Infinity War - that means 2023 at the earliest.

I know there are fans who favour combining the CW DC shows with the DCEU for a Crisis movie, and yes that would provide a short-cut to other worlds/heroes that audiences are already familiar with potentially reducing the timescale, but honestly I don't see that happening.

I'd love a Crisis movie but I want it done right. I don't watch the Flash TV show, but I remember a lot of disappointment being expressed at the way it handled Flashpoint. I'd rather no Crisis at all than a watered-down attempt at one.

Last edited:
if they plan 2018 Batman, hope that Deathstroke

will start coleting an army and alies and that Btmans in in that plot somehow with many mutant vilians for him to fight. Poison Ivy, Clayface, Manbat,Kiler croc great oportunity for Batman battling them, maybe Deathstroke could control them via technology of somekind...
Superrman needs a Brainiac movie with martian manhunter, supergirl and greenlantern, they could call it Brainiac or Son of Krypton

I would rather see in 2019 a Justice League part 2 vs Legion of Doom and then after a few years part 3 vs Darkseid. They need character development and more battles between the cast themselfs and villians.
Luthor using jokers gas on Clark and giving him a blue cryptonite colar or blue cryptonite gas to make him evil and go on rampage that the League needs to stop tim, that would be great beginning of a movie and good plot for president Luthor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"