Were Mary Janes songs ever officially recorded/released?

TomPiltoff

you are all diseased
Reaction score
I'd kill for a full length mp3 of her singing.

was it ms dunst singing?

I'd kill for a full length mp3 of her singing.

Hmm...I remember hearing something about Dunst singing for the SM3 soundtrack, I think it was Laura Ziskin who said that on the SM3 commentary, but I have no idea. I'm sure that can be verified via Wiki. :yay:

She cannot sing very well, but hey it works for the character. The first song you can get off the soundtrack for Annie Get Your Gun, sung much better. She did the last song a lot better from the great classic comedy Some Like it Hot, I actually liked Dunst's "I'm Through with Love" and the additional meloncholy she added, but the original version sung by Marilyn Monroe is better.

I don't think it was Kirsten singing, I thought on the commentaries or somewhere, said something about her Lip synching to a song sung by "So and So"

I don't think it was Kirsten singing, I thought on the commentaries or somewhere, said something about her Lip synching to a song sung by "So and So"
Very true, not only that, but it was also said a while back before the film was released. While it was filming to be exact(I think).

No, it was her singing. It freaking sounds like her singing. If they were gonna' sync her, you'd think they'd find a voice that pedestrian? She did her own singing, they say so on the commentary. They just had her record it in a studio first and then she lip sang to herself like all film musicals sans Rex Harrison in My Fair Lady and most of the cast of The Producers.

Just FYI.

No, it was her singing. It freaking sounds like her singing. If they were gonna' sync her, you'd think they'd find a voice that pedestrian? She did her own singing, they say so on the commentary. They just had her record it in a studio first and then she lip sang to herself like all film musicals sans Rex Harrison in My Fair Lady and most of the cast of The Producers.

Just FYI.

Yeah. I remember her saying something like that when they interviewed her on a show. They asked her if that was really her singing and she said yes but she recorded them in a studio and then just lip-synched while filming. She said she also did that for The Cat's Meow.

Just FYI.

Originally I thought it was her, but then I started reading somewhere that it wasn't. I said the same thing " It sounds just like her." But now that I know it's her again, I think she is a fairly decent singer. Atleast she can carry a tune (for the people who didn't like the singing)

I think that Dunst's singing was good, but nothing spectacular ... And that voice worked perfectly for the movie.

What did people want? For MJ's voice to be mindblowingly awesome and then have her get canned? That wouldn't have made any sense.

Google the lyrics, then use the iTunes music store.

Also, 1+1=2... for those of you unable to figure that out.

Come on guys the singing sounded nothing like Kirsten. It was not her.

Google the lyrics, then use the iTunes music store.

Also, 1+1=2... for those of you unable to figure that out.

Erm.....you understand I meant were Kirsten Dunst's versions ever recorded, right? I know the songs themselves exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"