Are they killing off Mary Jane?

killing her off whould be worse then all the deaths in x-men 3 combinded!

I seriously doubt Raimi plans to kill MJ. I don't think he'll kill Gwen either.

Months ago, Kirsten said she wouldn't return after the third movie. Back in Oct. I read an interview where she said she might, depending on the circumstances (money and story). Killing her off would be a mistake if she's on the fence.

If Dunst decides to quit the series she could be written out pretty easily. By the fourth film (if it's made) just tell the audience that she moved to California to pursue acting. Or, you could recast her. She hasn't done such an excellent job that the audience wouldn't except another actress in the role.

When Bryce was signed to play Gwen, the press release I read mentioned that Gwen died at the hands of the goblin in the comic. The person representing SONY said that charaacter WOULD NOT be dying in this film. Now, SONY could be lying to throw us off. Or, maybe Raimi brought Howard in to be love interest in future films (if the they're made) and Dunst decides to quit the series.

If both actresses were signed for the fourth film, I'd wouldn't be surprised to see the love triangle continue. One of the girls would probably meet a tragic end; with Gwen being the likely target. Right now, I just can't see Raimi killing off either character in Spidey 3.

Eye Doc

Didn't MJ "die" in TAS, like, twice? (First time when the Goblin took her and second time when she became....*shudders* Hydro-Woman.)

Super Flight said:
killing her off whould be worse then all the deaths in x-men 3 combinded!

i dont think it would be that bad!

What if it's Brock/Venom that kills MJ by accident trying to save her. Brock, not used to his webbing like Spidey pulls her to soon after catching her, this resulting into a fatal neck injury, just like Gwen in the comics. Spidey arrives too late, and thinks Venom murdered MJ. Devestated, Brock swings away before he could explain himself, and Spidey swears vengeance on MJ from Venom. This could let Gwen become what MJ is in the comics today and be a good lead in for Spidey 4. However, I just hope that MJ goes away on a trip, and be back alive for Spidey 4.

cmill216 said:
Didn't MJ "die" in TAS, like, twice? (First time when the Goblin took her and second time when she became....*shudders* Hydro-Woman.)

Counting that other "death" in the comics she's died almost as many times as Lana on Smallville. :o

TAS never killed her off

well the clone was killed... but yeah
silly cartoons and their non-killing

Harry kills MJ thus completing the Goblin Legacy. Gwen steps in as the love interest in film 4.

since Mj is spiderman soulmate in the comics, i doubt they would kill her off for no reason. It would be equal to Lois Lane dieing in a superman movie, MJ and Lois lane are to big in their respective super-heros lives. Their the most reconizable two female characters, and they have qualities that alot of people dig. Mj is the only person that calls peter "Tiger" and that sticks in people minds. If anything Mj has a better chance of getting pregnant in the movies then dieing. Gwen is such a old charatcer, that wasn't even featured in any spider-man cartoons,movies, and other media outlets. No one was alive here when she died, and would no even know of her if reprints were not available lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"