Are they killing off Mary Jane?

Kirsten's leaving the series. Some people might find it hard to accept someone else as MJ. Kill her off - end of problem.

they should just kill mj.

then reveal at the end of the movie that gwen stacy was the real mj and that the mj that died was just a clone!

then it could set up spidey 4 which would be the clone storyline. rami could hire carrot top to play the jackal and get kane to play ... kaine. also, topher grace would be revealed as ben reily.

what a dandy, amazing saga that would be!

Will MJ die? *shrugs shoulders*

Should she die? I'd like to see that. Not because I'm sadistic, but because it's the....RIGHT thing to do. ;)

(PS: Gwen won't die. That's a fact.)

yeah, DACMAN. my comment was in response to you saying romeo and juliet was an example of killing off a beloved main character for drama.

that play is completely different than any murder in the spidey-universe.

Spidermanluvr28 said:
I love Mary Jane!:D If she were to get killed off, I would cry for quite some time.:o

*offers a klenex*... *slighty used* EWWWWWWW... ;) :D

I hate the MJ that these movies have created so I could care less if they killed her off. I really really hate Kirsten Dunst.

They should kill off Peter and MJ. Let Topher take over as Spider-man from now on. :)

I wouldn't mind MJ dying. She's a bore. Betty brant is the real true love of peter parker, the movie version anyway. She's so sweet an nice, pretty too. I can't believe he hasn't at least asked her to go have lunch together. Just a break from work with a fellow employee, gosh... stop the angst over that ho, MJ already.

IMO, you cannot do a Spider-Man Saga/adaption justice without killing off the true love; the ones I love always pay. Movie MJ is Gwen from the comics, like it or not, and she's gotta go.

And then they can get rid of her and that DAMN MARRIAGE ;) in the comics. :o

Oh, I've done it now. Bring it on b!tches! :gg: Aim high ... but you better be sure. ;)

The Green Goblin said:
IMO, you cannot do a Spider-Man Saga/adaption justice without killing off the true love; the ones I love always pay. Movie MJ is Gwen from the comics, like it or not, and she's gotta go.

And then they can get rid of her and that DAMN MARRIAGE ;) in the comics. :o

Oh, I've done it now. Bring it on b!tches! :gg: Aim high ... but you better be sure. ;)

LMAO... "Goblin... what have you done"? :D

A... frickin... Men. :up:

SNAPPPPPPPP!!!!!!

YOU'LL PAY OSBORN!!!!!!!!!![/Christopher Daniel Barnes]

no one will get that.:o

Abaddon said:

I'm not Osborn, I am THE GREEN GOBLIN! :D

:o

SNAPPITY-SNAP :up:

I don't want MJ to die because of hatred for Kirsten Dunst(she's actually decent for the role), but I do want MJ to die to make Peter go off the edge, to make for some very emotional scenes(especially with the symbiote being in control.).

Mr. Vice said:
I don't want MJ to die because of hatred for Kirsten Dunst(she's actually decent for the role), but I do want MJ to die to make Peter go off the edge, to make for some very emotional scenes(especially with the symbiote being in control.).

Agreed. It's not my hate of Kirsten as MJ that drives me to want the story arc told. Even though God knows I hate Kirsten as MJ. ;)

It's (the story arc) is what defines Spider-Man... IMO. :up:

Abaddon said:
what purpose would it serve?

maybe she gets mistaken for MJ cuz she is kissing pete and gets killed by venome or harry who is jealous...and then captain stacy goes ballistic

theShape said:
yeah, DACMAN. my comment was in response to you saying romeo and juliet was an example of killing off a beloved main character for drama.

that play is completely different than any murder in the spidey-universe.
I still don't see how it's any different other than the fact you couldn't really kill Spidey. I think the example holds because my point was that you must feel for the character before killing them off. Otherwise it's just another death. Think zombie movie. How many B characters do we see die and it's just ho-hum. But when one of the main characters bites the dust it changes everything. Why would they introduce Gwen in one movie and then kill her before the audience get to know her? Why would they kill off the only (as of now) other love interest for Pete when we know Kirsten is not coming back? I think it's obvious Gwen lives.

The Green Goblin said:
Exactly!

Mj Dieing? Nobodies life is that sad, and especially if its forced drama.killing off somebody true love, after she has survived 2 supervillians would seem odd. besides Gwen stacy has been dead before any of us were born, you guys want more faithfulness to the comics killing an ancient character like Gwen stacy from generations ago would do just that.

Gabroni said:
With the introduction of Gwen Stacy, who I've read described as a new love interest for Peter Parker (how will they do that w/o breaking Peter and Mary Jane up or killing her off???), does that mean they are killing off Mary Jane?

I believe the general audience likes Dunst's Mary Jane, and roots for her relationship with Peter as they have invested as much emotion in it as they can for such fictional romances. In other words, I think that the general moviegoer likes the Peter/Mary Jane romance, and will not like it if she is killed after they have spent two movies rooting for them to get together.

So regardless of 'fan' feelings on Dunst and her Mary Jane, I think it would be a mistake to kill her off.

And I was just wondering if there have been any spoilers leaked yet that answers this question.

plus the two movies had much build up bewteen the two getting togher so why kill her when they just got togther.

Abaddon said:

I CAN.............

Christopher Daniel Barnes was the 'voice' of spidey in the 90's animated series.

So........that quote was from the 90's animated series!

Hah!

i KNOW my spidey trivia!

remember my name.............

ARACHNID-GUY
'Master of Spidey Trivia!'

:up:

NO mary Jane won't die. Tey have mad thefocus of the first 2 the relationship between peter and MJ. Killing her off woulb anti climatic and make everyone hate the movie.

It would make no sense to kill MJ now. It's ok to include a lot of romance in the first movie ( introduction of the characters etc. ) but the second movie was also about Peter and MJ ( with a few minutes of Doctor Octopus and drunk Harry with a knife cutting Spdiey's photographs ). They've invested so much in this romance during the first two movies, and now to kill her off ?...I don't think so. It makes no sense now. If GG threw her off the bridge in one and she died...it would possibly work...even if she died in Spiderman 2...But now - no! And besides, that's not how a big studio does things. They want the general audience to leave the theater happy, with the last scene involving Peter and Marry Jane and something like "and they lived happilly ever after..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"