• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Were you the bully or the...."bullee" in school?

terry78

My name is Stefan, sweet thang
Reaction score
My mom calls me earlier and tells me about my younger cousin who is apparantly having issues with being picked on at his high school for whatever reasons. I'm probably gonna talk to him later on regarding it, attempt to see how he's handling it, what he ain't doing, what he should be doing, since I'm just a saint like that. :o Shockingly, I was not the popular king of the school during my high school days, hard as it is to believe.:wow:

yeah I was the bullee. It wasn't serious or anything and actually, high school was MUCH better than middle school. Kids can be incredibly mean between grades 6-8. The worst it ever got was that I was thrown in a trash can. I had to take 2 showers that night. The smell was horrible. :csad:

tell him to kick the mutha****ers' assess. :mad:

It's the right thing to do. ;)

P.S.: Vote for Dew.

I always stuck up for others that were being picked on. There were a couple of guys that I guess were expressing there love for me the only way they knew how. :o
My first year of Junior High was at a more rural school, I was in a class breeding rabbits and learning about livestock and ****. There was a fight, if you want to call it that, he hit me I hit the floor. High School was located in a rich neighborhood and I didn't know anyone, so I saddled up with the outcasts, they took me in with no problems....Mods, Skaters, Head Bangers. Yeah, the black students didn't real dig that, I got a lot of grief from one guy....I dressed in black...a lot. He left me alone once I went off on his ass.

We didn't have any bullying at my high school. Tough guys were put in their place quickly; we had a good system going :up:

Judging purely on the fact that we are posting on superhero forums, I'll go out on a limb and say that we weren't the one bullying others.

By that I mean we all have a good sense of morality because of our comic book upbringing. ;)

None of those options worked for me, so here's a write in vote...

I had kids in my school who saw it as their duty to make everyone around them miserable. As a result, I was picked on, made fun of, but never physically bullied. In fact there were a few times, I became physical with them. This would shut them up for a short while, but it would always start again. When my younger brother got to high school, he suffered the same fate. His response was to get in one kid's face and tell him, "It's kids like you that make kids like me bring guns to school." This bought him months of peace.

On a side note, I've read in the local paper a few times about the bullies I had to deal with and waht became of them, and it makes me happy. One has landed himself in prsion for vehicular homicide. One got himself and his cousin killed while driving drunk.

I got the daily swirlies, but, it was all just jolly good ribbing

None of those options worked for me, so here's a write in vote...

I had kids in my school who saw it as their duty to make everyone around them miserable. As a result, I was picked on, made fun of, but never physically bullied. In fact there were a few times, I became physical with them. This would shut them up for a short while, but it would always start again. When my younger brother got to high school, he suffered the same fate. His response was to get in one kid's face and tell him, "It's kids like you that make kids like me bring guns to school." This bought him months of peace.

On a side note, I've read in the local paper a few times about the bullies I had to deal with and waht became of them, and it makes me happy. One has landed himself in prsion for vehicular homicide. One got himself and his cousin killed while driving drunk.

Kids can be incredibly malicious. I think it's a mix of different factors. Upbringing, status, and sadism. Although a kid can have an excellent background with parents that teach the kid all the right lessons and they may still become a bully. I think some kids simply see bullying as a way of being noticed, and a way of getting approval and status among other kids. Throw into it some genuine pleasure at realizing you have the power to make a person's life hell, and you got a grade A bully.

The unfortunate thing is, some people don't grow out of this.

Got picked on a few times, but most of them were either not really that tough or idiots (or, usually, both).

During school, I was neither. The only time I was bullied was by some neighborhood high school kid when I was in the 3rd grade. :cmad:

Mal's got it. And I know people obviously knew I was going to comment about his post. I was picked on. Was disturbed by it. Made a threat once. But, got through without anything big happening.

Their problem with me, I had a speech impediment that I had no control over. I'm really worried about the little guy next door who has turrets because of what might happen in high school. Finally came forward with my parents about part of my years of hell and the signs to look out for of someone being picked on (since not many like to admit it) so they can pass it on to his parents and hopefully things will be better for him.

Currently trying to put my knowledge as a screenwriter to good use make films for teenagers such as 'Chumbscrubber' and 'Charlie Bartlett' to tell kids that they are not alone and can make it through. Or as I call it, a guidance councilor track of mind. Someone who wants to help, rather than ignore. Guess that's where the 'hero responsibility' aspect comes into play.

I inbetween, I beat the **** out of geeks and I got the **** beat out of me by jocks.

I was somewhere in the middle... I got bullied a lot by stronger, tougher kids, and then I bullied those weaker than me in return...

It was a s***ty system, and I'm ashamed to admit it, but I was 8 to 12 years old at the time...

I was pretty much left alone by the time High School kicked in, and I walked along the New Wave/Punk Rock kids and felt part of a gang for the time ever...

:yay:

Just wondering how many others got these kinds of bullies: STALKERS.

They tormented me to an insane degree that they memorized my schedule somehow and knew where I was going to be. Kinda scary.

I got beat up, humiliated, and well, all things you can think of that should **** your head up majerly.

Best thing to tell you cousin is this:

HIGH SCHOOL DOESN'T MATTER

in the long run anyway, it's 4 years of your life that are forgotten quickly after they are done.

Just keep reassuring him of that so that he doesn't do something stupid like shoot up the school.

if it comes down to it lie and say that the real world is easy

None of the above. I was lucky in that I went to a school where everyone pretty much knew each other and no bullying ever really occurred.

I had the idea that if you perceiver and when you leave school all the bad people would get what they deserved. Apparently most of them deserved hot wifes great jobs nice homes and supped up cars with booming stereo systems. :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"