We've got a title!

i Like the working title

It sounds to me like....
we're back to the root...:unishr:

sounds like a comic book cover title.... which is good.

but for a movie title... sounds cheesy.

friday the 13th: welcome back jason

friday the 13th: welcome back jason

Hahahaha... I agree that it sounds cheesy for a movie... but now that you've said "welcome back Jason," I am starting to like the idea.

For some reason it doesn't sound right for the sequel. Welcome back from what?? In the first film the cops and media found out he was still alive. Great for comic, not sure for the sequel to the movie where he already came back.

Remember the "source" and nothing has "officially" been issued to the public from Lionsgate.:whatever:

Love the title, just don't love it for a movie. However, it would be an AWESOME tagline for the movie posters and stuff, but for the actual title I hope that they go with Thomas Jane's old suggestion of "The Punisher: War Zone"

"Punisher: Welcome Back Frank"

That is stupid as hell on so many levels. First off, P1 was adapted from Welcome Back Frank, so is this going to be another damn remake also based off of WBF? Secondly, it just sounds like a bad for a movie.

I highly doubt this will be the title.

It's not good because it made sense in the comic book (NY City was "saying" Welcome to Castle after the Marvel Knights weird thing) but not in the film.

Unless it totally denies the original film but then they shouldn't call it Punisher 2, should they ?

It's not good because it made sense in the comic book (NY City was "saying" Welcome to Castle after the Marvel Knights weird thing) but not in the film.

Unless it totally denies the original film but then they shouldn't call it Punisher 2, should they ?

It makes perfect sense, because the Punisher is finally returning to the big screen after all the false starts and drama, thus "Welcome back, Frank."

Like I said before, it would be better suited as a tagline. I can just imagine like the first teaser poster or something with Ray as Frank saying "Welcome Back Frank."

and then on the bottom something like "2008 - The Punisher returns."

Hope they drop that cheesy title and just call it "The Punisher 2".

Hope they drop that cheesy title and just call it "The Punisher 2".

But... It's completely new.

Part of me wants them to just call it "The Punisher" just because it would be so funny to have 3 independent film adaptations of the character all with the same name.

Welcome back from what?? In the first film the cops and media found out he was still alive.

That's exactly what I said!

I almost would have prefered if they went with In The Beginning or Circle of Blood.

Im even starting to think that maybe they should leave the punisher out of the title, they way theyre doing to Batman in The Dark Knight...That way people dont think that this has anything to do with the first two films.

Im even starting to think that maybe they should leave the punisher out of the title, they way theyre doing to Batman in The Dark Knight...That way people dont think that this has anything to do with the first two films.

No offense, but that's a terrible idea.

Let's just call it "The Vigilante in Black"

I think Welcome Back, Frank title makes sense. Not just what odiin said about the false starts with the film but he decides to go where he grew up at: NY, and do some punishment there. He might run up to some some people he knew before he was moving elsewhere( Remember the part in the 04 film where his son talking about always moving. It might be where they originally came from ). So as far as him being back on the big screen, finally going back where he grew up, I think The Punisher: Welcome Back, Frank title makes a whole lot of sense to me.

I really don't like the title. They're naming the sequel after a comic the first film was loosely based off of? It's like calling "The Dark Knight" Batman:Year One, Which BB was loosely based off of. But that still makes more sense then this.

I thought it would be called The Punisher:War Journal, considering Castle began writing a journal at the end of the 1st film.

But, hey, I'll still be 1st in line to see this. No matter what they call it. I just hope they hit the nail on the head with this one.

If the RUMOR is true, then it makes little to no sense, since the first film was largely based on Welcome Back, Frank.

The thing a lot of people don't seem to be getting, is that it doesn't MATTER that the 2004 film was based on that comic, it's just the title. Just because they use the title of a comic book, doesn't mean they have to follow that plot. Just like if they were going with the "War Zone" title that doesn't mean that the plot would be based off of something that happened in the war zone comic. It's just a phrase that is associated with the character.

^So if I titled the new Batman movie, "The Dark Knight Returns" or the new Superman movie "The Death of Superman" and made movies that have absolutely nothing to do with the graphic novels of the same name, nobody would be pissed? Fanboys wouldn't be angered? heh. Whatever.

^So if I titled the new Batman movie, "The Dark Knight Returns" or the new Superman movie "The Death of Superman" and made movies that have absolutely nothing to do with the graphic novels of the same name, nobody would be pissed? Fanboys wouldn't be angered? heh. Whatever.

Are you saying like a movie named Death of Superman where Superman doesn't die in it? Yeah, that would be weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"