And the new Punisher is...

i thought he was bad ass in rome so i am sure they will put him on the 300 workout plan and he will do a way better job than puny non threatening looking Thomas Jane

Don't know his work, but have to admit I do think he looks more suited for the part than his predecessor.

I know I'm in the minority here but I hope they can take some old school elements too.

I knew who Jane was before his casting...never heard of this guy.
But I guess I'll give it a chance. I kinda feel sorry for this guy because it is going to be hard for most fans to accept anyone else. I admit I am having a hard time of it.

When it said "He starred in HBO's Rome" I was positive I was going to see James Purefoy but then I saw...ummm...this...guy.

Dear Lionsgate;

Let Marvel have their character back plz, and stop making ****** movies while you're at it.

kthnxbye,
everyone.

They hamstring the first flick with a subpar budget, then drag out the sequel forever....until Jane leaves. WTF? Then they sign this guy?

This is unhappy news.

I knew who Jane was before his casting...never heard of this guy.
But I guess I'll give it a chance. I kinda feel sorry for this guy because it is going to be hard for most fans to accept anyone else. I admit I am having a hard time of it.
Pretty much my thoughts on the subject as well.

Mmkay... DTV shait coming...

i am not

the punisher is almost 50??

fine but he should at least look like the deadliest most chizzle jawed 50 year old on the planet and this guys isnt it

This guy looks like a Gerard Butler wannabe. Jane looked more like the Punisher.

...Man, f**k this, I'm more than willing to wait until Marvel gets the rights back until we get a sequel.

Really liked him in Rome, but not sure if he's right for the Punisher.

I think Jane looked better for the role. maybe the whole shaved head is throwing me off though.

wasn't he in King Arthur also?

I think he might do a good job, if its the guy I am thinking it is.

They hamstring the first flick with a subpar budget, then drag out the sequel forever....until Jane leaves. WTF? Then they sign this guy?

This is unhappy news.

Pretty much.

Jane was perfect. Not only a total badass onscreen, but offscreen as well. He WAS Frank Castle.

Whoever this guy is that's merely PLAYING Frank Castle is pathetic.

Lame. Lame. Lame.

I like him, I think he looks like the Punisher as much as Jane did (dfferent incarnations). I fnd him ok as an actor, too, so we'll see. Also, I don't care if he's an unknown, this is not a valid factor for liking an actor, IMO.
I think it will depend on the script and direction now, so I'll just wait for more info to judge this move.

Anyone have any more pics of this guy?

Who said Direct to Video? LGF does not have the right to turn this into a DTV franchise without Marvel's approval.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"