What about Two-Face??

Soundwave88

As you command Megatron.
Reaction score
What Two-Face would have looked like in the Adam West 1960 TV Show??...Why wasn't he in the show?? Two-Face is one my favorite bad guys. Does anyone know or have a idea what he would looked like?

How can we know or have an idea what he looked like when he was never in the Adam West show or movie:huh:

I read before that he was just a very violent character that they just decided not to adapt. Much like Zsasz never taking part in TAS.

My guess was it was partly the violent nature of the character, partly the disturbing visuals, and partly the difficulty of doing the make up. If they had done him, I'm sure they would have toned down how scarred he was (maybe just apply make up to make him look ugly on one side instead of scarred) and had alot of robberies involving the number two as opposed to anything really violent.

Yeah, I don't see how his being violent is an excuse; no one was more violent than Joker in his hayday. Anyone could have been watered down to fit the show's style.

They probably would've/could've just painted one half of his face pink or green.

It's actually really surprising that he wasn't included; the #2, half & half, coin, etc gimmick seems tailor made for the show's silly nature - just imagine all the far fetched capers.

I read years ago that he was going to be lighter compared to the comics, was gonna go by the golden age name Harvey Kent and be a TV reporter. Was going to be played by Clint Eastwood and would've gotten scared from broken TV glass. I think they didn't use him cause up to that point he had extremely limited comic appearances and wasn't as popular with the kids of the time as some of the others they opted to use.

That'd be funny seeing a guy like Sean Connery with half a green-painted face.

I read years ago that he was going to be lighter compared to the comics, was gonna go by the golden age name Harvey Kent and be a TV reporter. Was going to be played by Clint Eastwood and would've gotten scared from broken TV glass. I think they didn't use him cause up to that point he had extremely limited comic appearances and wasn't as popular with the kids of the time as some of the others they opted to use.

Yeah, he was supposed to have actually been in the next season of it, but it was then cancled.

I heard about Clint Eastwood too.

The best that series could manage was False-Face :dry:

any manip what you think he would look like??..ideas?...corny i know but im curious what people would like to see

It woulda been neat to see it, but it definitly wouldnt have fit with the rest of the source material.

Yeah, I don't see how his being violent is an excuse; no one was more violent than Joker in his hayday. Anyone could have been watered down to fit the show's style.

The Joker wasn't really that violent. Not saying he was a boy scout but there wasn't "sadism" behind his murders, more like "calculation". The sadistic killer clown is something that started in the 80s/90s.

And the Joker's nature in general makes it easier to adapt him "campy", because there is always some kin of campiness around him. But Two-Face, well he is scarred with a violent side as a contrast, that#s hard to water down. The same goes for the Scarecrow. Can you really camp-ify a guy who brings fears to life?

Well since they were obviously influenced by the golden age Harvey Kent who was probably the most timid version of Two-Face they could've made it worked. They did get influenced by the first Paul Sloane (Two-Face II) with the glass scarring thing and as fans of golden age Batman comics know he is basically the archetype for all the more criminal activity embracing and violent Two-Face renditions that came afterwards. However I really think they would've used Harvey Kent as the base the most cause he was much softer and in turn easier to camp up.

I heard about Clint Eastwood too.

The best that series could manage was False-Face :dry:

yeah that would have been a good character for MODERN CONTINUITY IN THE COMICS...

they could have easily made him dark & violent... I remember watching reruns in the 90's... THAT GUY WAS VERY WEIRD & STRANGEE... perfect for a darker batman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"