Iron Man 3 What did you LIKE and ENJOY about Iron Man 3 [SPOILERS]

I loved pretty much all of it. But I want to give a special mention to the visuals and cinematography.

I thought it was beautifully shot. And the lighting in the final battle was great especially. The contrast of the dark blue lighting and the glowing orange and red of the extremis. Looked really amazing.

A little detail I liked a lot was the foreshadowing in the script. It's was subtle but smart. For example, J.A.R.V.I.S. said Mandarin was a Chinese official, described in the movie as "an advisor to the king". Killian talks frequently of being "the power behind the throne", whichs adds to the interpretation that he's meant to be the "real" Mandarin; it may even be why he chose the name in the first place.

1. The plot

2. The action was fantastic

3. The humor

4. Don Cheadle, I like him WAY better than in IM2

5. Stark's anxiety problems

6. Tony Stark in general

7. RDJ's performance, Gwenyth's performance, JBD's performance, Ben Kinglsey's performance

8. Guy Pearce as Killian

9. The scale of the film

10. The final battle and climactic fight scene

I wish I enjoyed the film as much as everyone else. Really the ONLY thing(s) I liked about this film were Pearce's acting/Killian and the Extremis soldiers. I hated literally everything else and I've loved every other Marvel Studios film. :csad:

EDIT: Oh, and the attack on the Malibu Mansion was pretty cool too.

I loved the whole thing.

One of my favourite things was how it set up the next chapter for Tony Stark. I cannot wait to see what he'll be like because we didn't really get a true look, only a mere taster of who he's become.

My favorite part was the kid! Loved the way he and Tony interracted was pure fun! I also loved the fact that there are two locations showcased that I am actually familiar with, Chattanooga, Tennessee and Miami, Florida. It's just nice to see a big action flick have some of the southern states included once in a while.

I loved the humor in the film my favorite funny scenes were

-When stark makes a remark to the kid in the diner about a Christmas Story was funny
-Harley and his dad/lotto
-Stark mentioning how he is connected with Harley and drives off
-Harley asking Tony about the wormhole
- when tony asks Rhodes about his password
-I know people may hate me for this but Kingsley once we find out who he really is
- When tony gets captured and hes talkin to the guards about how he is gonna beat me up
-When the guard gives up and says he doesn't like working for killian

The whole damn thing. Even the Mandarin thing. Trust me, I'd much rather have MCU Mandarin be remembered as a buff, tattooed scientist who can physically go toe to toe with Iron Man than as what we were gonna get. If Killian was wearing a green robe and 10 rings, then no one would be complaining about that twist, trust me. I liked what we got, I just didn't like how he was [BLACKOUT]killed[/BLACKOUT], but whatevs.

Every action sequence, especially from when Tony builds himself some non-lethal weapons to sneak into Mandarin's mansion til he finally get the Mark 42 back. Seeing Tony Stark use his smarts and kick that much ass without a suit was incredibly awesome.

1. RDJ as Tony Stark/Iron Man
2. Kingsley
3. The Mandarin's Broadcasts
4. Action Sequences - (Attack on Stark's Malibu Mansion, Air Force One Rescue and Battle Royale)
5. Iron Legion vs. Extermis army
6. Flashback with Yinsen, Mullet Happy lol
7. Stark Infiltrating the lair of The Mandarin /Tony vs guards with just a gauntlet and boot
8. James Badge Dale as Savin
9. Stark and Rhodey team-up
10. End Credit music and montage of the trilogy
11. [blackout]Bruce Banner[/blackout]

This. :woot:

Don Cheadle and Jon Fareavo were great :D

I liked the end credits montage

The whole film. To be more specific:

-I enjoyed the characterization of Rhodey in this film: Cheadle gave a great performance and the character was written with a sense of humor,
unlike Iron Man 2.
-Rebecca's Hall's performance: I thought her interaction with Tony was great.
-Killian's arc: even with his post-prologue actions in consideration, I did feel bad for him. Even though I never invested in celebrity worship, one of the people I deeply respected turned out to be a pure scumbag this past year, which was something of a downer. With that noted, Pearce's Killian is the best villain Iron Man has had thus far. The next person has a large set of shoes to fill.
-I am agreement with the above posters: it was nice to have a multi-state narrative, especially with the Southern states included.
-The return to the Cave: I really enjoyed Tony having to fight his own battle, instead of SHIELD and the Avengers becoming plot conveniences, or worse, Deus Ex Machina.
-The Wormhole's Effect on Tony: it was a nicely written and performed.
-The abundance of dragon imagery on/with the Mandarin. Loved it.
-The Bern Conference.

-Special effects
-Sound effects
-Acting
-One line
-Cinematography
-The logical aspect
-Consistency
-Getting to know new characters
-Characters having motives
-The presence of different emotions
-Faithful to the source material to some degree

That is all.

Last edited:
the subversive
the surrealism
the dark humor
most of the action

I might come off as a fanboy, but I loved the whole film, I was not at all upset with the plot twist, the acting was as usual incredable.
The interaction between Tony and Rhody was awesome, the humor especially again the back and forth between Tony and Jim over his password was so funny.
Tony and Pepper, the action scenes were incredible, i could go on and on, i just can not find any faults in this film, loved every second and plan on seeing it again and again.

Tony's line to the kid about being a p*ssy

Rhodes being ejected from the Iron Patriot suit but coming out swinging :D

Everything everyone is saying here is on point. I won't repeat anything unnecessarily. But I would like to highlight one of my favorite aspects of the movie, which is the use of Eiffel 65's "Blue" in the opening.

I don't even particularly like the song itself, but its placement was brilliant here. Tonally, it was great. RDJ's rambling narration, ending with "Let me start over", and transitioning into the opening bars of "Blue" gave me chills.

It's such a bold, unexpected, idiosyncratic choice for a movie like this—a cheesy, outdated, basically crap bugglegum pop song for a hypermasculine superhero action movie with a notoriously hard-to-please fanbase—but it worked perfectly, at establishing the setting of the 1999 flashback, the emotional context of Tony's character for the film as a whole, and the tone for Shane Black's directorial voice for the film—it actually felt to me like Black was reaching out of the screen and saying "This is not going to be your run-of-the-mill, autopilot superhero sequel."

It was a risky move with a distinct personal stamp, perfect for a distinctly personal movie filled with the riskiest creative choices of any Marvel film so far.

Last edited:
Wow, you love that song :D

Also glad there was still ALOT of humor left in the film. Two fav scenes were when the [blackout]Mk 42 was taken out by an 18 wheeler and again in the end when it was flying to Tony but hit the crane and fell to pieces[/blackout]

1. The direction- Shane Black ftw
2. The script- Shane Black ftw Part II
3. The Cast- everyone was solid, even that kid, and I normally hate kids in films like this
4. The action- best of the series, probably the second best in any MCU film behind TA
5. The coming full circle- They did it without being too obvious about it.
6. Yenson's cameo!- Why hasn't this been talked about more? I thought it was great!
7. 90's Happy's hair- It was epic

1. The direction- Shane Black ftw
2. The script- Shane Black ftw Part II
3. The Cast- everyone was solid, even that kid, and I normally hate kids in films like this
4. The action- best of the series, probably the second best in any MCU film behind TA
5. The coming full circle- They did it without being too obvious about it.
6. Yenson's cameo!- Why hasn't this been talked about more? I thought it was great!
7. 90's Happy's hair- It was epic

I agree with the Yensen part, to me that linked all three movies, that made me smile when I seen him.

I really think this film is clever. It comments on many things in society, such as our obsession with fame and how the real threats are often domestic.
I think a lot of people who dislike the film don't get it. It's clever. I think it's was done brilliantly.

I really think this film is clever. It comments on many things in society, such as our obsession with fame and how the real threats are often domestic.
I think a lot of people who dislike the film don't get it. It's clever. I think it's was done brilliantly.

The final 25 minutes was a bit too crazy so some people undervalued the entire film.

That's my guess anyway.

Well mostly I liked the Humor. But hated the Mandy twist unless there's something Marvel's not letting us know.lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"