Iron Man 3 What did you LIKE and ENJOY about Iron Man 3 [SPOILERS]

- Eric Savin's badassery
- The glove and boot sequence!
- The look of the whole movie
- the air rescue

I really think this film is clever. It comments on many things in society, such as our obsession with fame and how the real threats are often domestic.
I think a lot of people who dislike the film don't get it. It's clever. I think it's was done brilliantly.

Exactly.

- Mandarin for 2/3 of the movie
- The Mark 38 "Heavy Lifting" armor
- About 2 or 3 jokes

-The 1999 flashback intro with "Blue" playing over the Paramount logo. That year stirs up particularly nostalgic memories for me as it's really when I came into my own as a teenager.

- Tony's freak-out when he thought the kid asking for an autograph said "wormhole"

- Mandarin's interrupting broadcasts (before the..... *sigh*.... twist revealed the truth)

- The kid was okay. Not really annoying like kids should be. Maybe they're getting better at casting them.

-Blue

-Most of the flashback

-Iron Patriot paint-job

-Mandarin (before the twist)

-Air Force One rescue (before the truck ruined it)

I also liked the joke of the prodigal son returns that was pretty funny

Just remembered, loved the henchman's line "Hey I dont even like working here, these guys are weird" :D

I liked:
How Rhodey had a cool head as Iron Patriot, when the typical movie soldier would have nuked the bunkers from orbit.
The kid Harley was great, his line about his father getting scratchers, and everything after that.
That it wasn't all darkity dark darkness, but also not super campy. It was a fun movie.
Gary..., Gary was great.
The removal of the reactor, he can build the reactor into his suits, and nobody else is 'Tony Stark', he creates the tech, so it's his, he doesn't need a built in reactor.

Mine:

-Tony's scenes with Charlie
-Tony vs. Extremis Chick in restaurant
-Tony taking down guards with his homemade weapons
-Air rescue (had me cheering and clapping; that was an awesome sequence)
-Iron suit battalion
-Pepper kickin' ass

Most of the film overall except a few things with my main problem being the Mandarin twist But I ain't as pissed about it much as others are.

Last edited:
No matter how fleeting, as an 80's baby, seeing Tony wear the Silver Centurion armor was awesome! I've always wanted to see some variation of it in these films, and finally getting that for a bit was pretty sweet.

Loved the stylized end credit sequence & the " Can You Dig It" song that played with it. Pretty cool. The score for IM3 was pretty good. Not better than IM1 but way better than the Tim Button like crap we got in IM2.

Just got back from seeing it again, and was just as good the 2nd time, I agree with Doc Sampson, seeing the Silver Centurian Armor was sweet, I grew up reading those issues and was really nice seeing that armor.
Loved the villains in this as well, while I have never really been a fan of the Extremis story line it did make a good movie and interesting take on things.
I know there is alot of hate for the Mandarin twist as a life long fan I get it, but honestly it did not really bother me, it did not spoil my enjoyment of this film, if this is the last Iron man film, then it was a good ending to a terrific trilogy.

Loved the stylized end credit sequence & the " Can You Dig It" song that played with it. Pretty cool. The score for IM3 was pretty good. Not better than IM1 but way better than the Tim Button like crap we got in IM2.

I totally agree, i listen to that song like 3 or 4 times a day now, just loved the song and the end credits sequence was so cool.

Saw it again today and I totally love how Rhodey comes out of the Iron Patriot Suit Swinging!! That was a badass moment!

Loved finally seeing the Hall of Armor.
Loved seeing "Iron Patriot" as a running gag. War Machine rox...
Loved seeing The Mandarin put Tony through his paces in the final action scenes.

Jarvis saving Tony was cool.

No matter how fleeting, as an 80's baby, seeing Tony wear the Silver Centurion armor was awesome! I've always wanted to see some variation of it in these films, and finally getting that for a bit was pretty sweet.

YES!!! I just wish it would have lasted longer. I loved that armor back in the day. This movie version reminded me of when John Byrne drew it on a few occasions...
2006-06-22_220619_hulk2-316.jpg

2010-01-20_151943_new_coke_iron_man.jpg

I appreciated Tony's panic attacks. I think many people on the planet would be completely stunned to suddendly learn that there were massive hostile alien lifeforms out there. To see figures like Loki and Thor would really be mind blowing.

To suddendly know that nuclear weaponry is really nothing compared to portals and demi-gods would be mind blowing.

- The plane rescue sequence
- the mansion destruction sequence
- RDJ as Tony
- Gwenyth as Pepper
- Cheadle as Rhodey
- Favs as Happy
- Bettany as Jarvis
- The idea of dealing with PTSD following TA
- Tony doing detective work
- Tony MacGuyvering stuff
- The partial armored fight

That's about it

YES!!! I just wish it would have lasted longer. I loved that armor back in the day. This movie version reminded me of when John Byrne drew it on a few occasions...
2006-06-22_220619_hulk2-316.jpg

2010-01-20_151943_new_coke_iron_man.jpg

Hell yes!!!!!!!!!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

The Mandarin was a relatively obscure character and was basically just propaganda against communist China. The film makers have had a hard time figuring out what to do with him from the start and the movie cleverly acknowledges this and makes a comment on how we make "boogie-men" to influence public opinions. Plus lets be real, despite being Iron Mans Arch Nemesis in the public eye he's not even a forth as popular as even anyone of Spider-Mans B List enemies.

Thing I really enjoyed about the Avengers was how true it felt to the comics in certain regards. Like the scene where Loki is threatening the Hulk, I assumed they were going to have a fight that made it seem as if they were on the same level of power, but they quickly broke that cliche as we all know. One of my big concerns from this however was that directors and writers would no longer have room to deviate from source material and characters like Spider-Man 2's Doc Ock, would not exist in the MCU. This however showed they are still willing to allow creative freedom and from that respect the movie really impressed me.

Aside from that the movie was:
Fun
Funny
The internal conflict seemed real and not contrived like the stupid "I'm dying" in the previous installment

You know people these days don't put nearly enough value on a good time and thats what I had watching this movie and what I'd expect for 13 bucks. Stop your complaining it was pretty good.

The Mandarin was a relatively obscure character and was basically just propaganda against communist China. The film makers have had a hard time figuring out what to do with him from the start and the movie cleverly acknowledges this and makes a comment on how we make "boogie-men" to influence public opinions. Plus lets be real, despite being Iron Mans Arch Nemesis in the public eye he's not even a forth as popular as even anyone of Spider-Mans B List enemies.

I seem to recall it being established that Mandarin was NOT a communist - that the Chinese government feared him but maintained an uneasy alliance with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"