What didnt you like about the film?

(I'm talking about the leaked verison, hopefully I don't get an infraction now that the flick is out)

Bad/chliched dialogue

Plot holed filled storyline

It had no heart or soul

The bad claw effects (which according to reviews and T.V spots were the final effects)

Will I Am is a terrible actor

The Blob scene was terrible

The bullet can make you lose your memory thing

The explaination of his Wolverine code name

The end villian being lame

Stryker being lamer in this flick than he was in X2.

Gambit was poorly portrayed.

The direction: The director watched far too many cheesy action flicks.
His codename was the biggest annoyances for me it was just soo cheesy.
This was my other annoyance I think he ruined the film moreso than the other stuff.
Deadpool was kindof weak and this could of been a cool character. I think I'd rather seen him in costume than some morphed guy. If they had DP fight both wolv/sabre they could of done the Phantom Menace sequence..When Wolverine was walking with the other mutants and DP was on the otherside of the opening door it soo reminded me of Phantom Menace scene.
I would of liked to seen more of Wolverine/Sabre deeds together in the special program..Seen more of DP/Wade and his skills.
Now what I enjoyed most was the Sabretooth character I thought he was more enjoyable than Wolverine. I enjoyed this version alot better than the Xmen version.

I HATED what they did to Silverfox. In the comics, she was part of the Weapon X program and a member of Team X. But in the movie, she's just Wolverine's girlfriend who gets killed in the end..lame.

I agree. I thought the fact that she was shown in the "special team" montage in the trailers would mean she would at least be revealed to be an undercover soldier....not a random girl who Stryker is blackmailing.

This version of Sabertooth was far and away better than the one in X1. I think that Liev was pitch perfect, it's too bad he wasn't in a good movie.

Can't wait to see X-MEN get the reboot treatment so it can be done right.

Things I Didn't Like

-only giving us like one scene of Wade Wilson, especially since Ryan Reynolds was pretty much spot-on as Wade, and then completely butchering "Deadpool" and sewing one of the most notoriously smartass Marvel character's mouth shut? wtf? did they go completely out of their way to **** him up as much as possible?

- overload of superfluous characters that they do NOTHING with, like Bolt, Blob, Wraith, Cyclops, Xavier, etc.

- cheesy/on the nose dialogue

- bending over backwards with really contrived ways (an adamantium gun??) to link up the ending with the X-Men trilogy

- inconsistencies with the X-Men trilogy, like Liev Schreiber's and Tyler Mane's Sabertooth's looking NOTHING alike and the character portrayals not matching up, same with Danny Huston and Brian Cox as Stryker

- way too rushed through the team stuff and his adamantium operation, and the adamantium operation not as dark and horrific as the flashbacks in X-Men 1 and 2

Things I Did Like

- Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, even if we don't get to see him do enough on the team, or go berserk enough

- Liev Schreiber as Sabertooth and Danny Huston as Stryker as standalones, although they don't really gel with the versions of ostensibly the same characters in the X-Men trilogy

- pretty much every actor did what they could with some really really thankless roles (yes I am thinking of Ryan Reynolds, who got completely shafted, and Dominic Monaghan, among others)

- fight scenes were entertaining, as was the movie in general, as long as you didn't think about anything very hard. I also think it's best viewed as a stand-alone instead of connected to the X-Men trilogy.

they totally butchered and raped deadpool

the only things i didn't like

the visual effects for the claws sometimes looked fake and it was obvious to anybody
in the bathroom scene ...a little kid in my theatre yelled "that looks fake".

the magic bullet ..i guess they had no other way.

the end on the island was awkward...he freaks on gambit , doesnt ask what he did, and decides to go his own way???

its the pacing that wasnt there. also the camera shots, they needed a few close up ones for perspective. they needed to take time with some scenes.

there was also a lot of cheese here and there.

all in all, in the beginning i thought this would be close to a wolverine dark knight. but these past few months ive thought less and less of the movie. today i saw it and was decent. definitely more like a transformers kind of vibe in terms of what they wanted ... summer blockbuster. its not greatness

I gotta ask: Anyone know what was up with Logan's weird ass fighting stance when he screams out "Victor!" at the island? It was like some weird new take of the 'M' letter from the YMCA song by Village People.

Why wasn't Agent Zero wielding the gun with the adamantium bullets during the bonding process?

Because they DIDN'T expect Wolverine to go nuts and escape.

Mild, PG 13 Gambit

What did YOU think Gambit should've been doing. Shooting up drugs, droppin' f-bombs, drunkin' a 40 oz, and fu**in' a hooker?!?!

...to Wolverine deflecting beams with his claws...

So...optic blasts should go through adamantium? Why can't Wolverine defend with them too?!?! The only problem was that it seems the beam should've push him more than it was doing.

Gambit should have been flirty, steal, cheat, decieve and smoke and charm the pants of someone only so he could use them to his advantage. He should have been more shady en selfish. they didn't even mention that he's a thief.

Like i said earlier, i would have liked it better if Gambit appeared to be helping Wolverine when actually he was just using Wolverine as a distraction so he could steal something valuable from Stryker.

Yeah yeah yeah i know this isn't Gambit's movie but still, this movie is only 100 min long. Are you telling me they couldn't have added another 5 min to develop Gambit more? I still think we got a very mild Gambit. Not bad, just very mild.

The Wolverine name giving thing was cool in the script. It was more drawn out and given more time. I think in the movie, I could barely hear it or remember it. It was like a 1 min scene and you just forget it. In the original script I think the name giving thing also came back at the end much stronger.

Thats what happens when you change a script around and add new parts, you think you are doing the right thing by having a "part" of the original scene, but really it hurts the film overall significantly.

Allowing one big cheesy thing in a movie, ruins the integrity of it. This movie had lots of cheese so I cannot say it was an epic movie.

- Wolverine's fake claws
- joining Stryker's team AND THEN leaving and losing his memory. it makes more sense (and i thought accurate) that the bonding procedure is what destroyed his memory. there would be so much more potential for sequels with him still knowing those character but (like in the comics) not his past.
- making Scott seem more important to the story, and then just throwing him in a cage.
- making Emma Silver Fox's sister...WTF? if she needed a sister, how about Moonstar? you know...another native american.
- it needed more Wade Wilson.
- the bonding scene was nowhere near as effective as Singer's flashbacks.
- the fights with Sabertooth werent that great and got old fast.

Didnt Cyclops take of wolverines hand in the AOA story arc so yeah optic blasts can cut through Wolverines claw's so why the hell could he deflect them?

Oh yeah made by FOX sorry

I think it was just a movie to capitalize on the popularity of Xmen and the wolverine character. I think they did themselves some injustice with this version imo. It just felt incomplete all the way thru you wanted to know more,but they just bounced around. I know its hard to get his whole story when theres is a plethera of story they could of used.
I personally wanted to see more the weaponx program and their wrong doings. Just showing them go into the building lookin for the adiantium and then the jungle scene was about all they showed. Wanted to see more of Wolverines/Sabretooths bad deeds,in all honesty they portrayed Sabretooth as the 'animal' and Wolverine as the nice guy...

1)I hated that Wolverine was the most passive member of the team..:down:

2)How the hell does Wolverine get air sick? Motion sickness is your bodies response when it thinks you've been exposed to some sort of toxin-thus why everything around you feels like it's going topsy tervy. If Wolverine heals and is not effected by toxins,then shouldn't be feeling naseau at all.:confused:

3)The admantium bullet. It's like Wolverine was a werewolf at it's the only thing that can take him down. If adamantium can pierce/cut through adamantium, why the hell didn't he and Deathstrike shread each others claws apart in their X2 fight....? I hated this angle. :csad:

4)The corny adamantium bonding procedure scene..and his escape. This scene was sopposed to be something nightmarish and terryfying. It felt more like Superman or Spiderman first getting their suits. I don't know why they couldn't just inter-cut scenes shot for X2 into this one. It's not like another studio owns the footage. It would have helped link the movies together. Plus the CORNY 'X' he made in the door to escape....was that sopposed to be cool..? :whatever:

5)The way wolverine looses his memory. Corny. What happened to memory implantation? That's an important part of Wolverines history. Plus it was implied in the X2 flashbacks that as he escaped from the facility his memory had been tampered with,which is why he looked at his claws in horror, as if he had never seen them before.

Last edited:
Didnt Cyclops take of wolverines hand in the AOA story arc so yeah optic blasts can cut through Wolverines claw's so why the hell could he deflect them?

Oh yeah made by FOX sorry

It blasted off his hand, not the claw that was in his forearm. He pops the claw out at the end of that mini-series.

So Wolverine gets an adamantium bullet to the dome. Ok, I can buy that because the only thing that can cut adamantium would be sharper adamantium. What sucked for me was the T-1000 part. Since when was the adamantium a regenerative liquid metal? If he put holes in his head, he should have holes where there is no adamantium.

There were much easier ways of doing a mindwipe.

So Wolverine gets an adamantium bullet to the dome. Ok, I can buy that because the only thing that can cut adamantium would be sharper adamantium. What sucked for me was the T-1000 part. Since when was the adamantium a regenerative liquid metal? If he put holes in his head, he should have holes where there is no adamantium.
Maybe bone grew back in it's place, it's not like he'll get shot in the same exact spot twice.

What I didn't really like in the movie, was that it was basically a dumping ground for mutants that weren't able to be used in the first three movies, I felt that took away from the origin. Plus, it didn't explain why he was sick as a child, it didn't explain his healing factor very well either.

But I'm not all that invested in X-Men, so I enjoyed it as I saw it.

The Weapon X scene almost made me cry. Whatever happened to the carnage, the rage that Logan was supposed to have then?

Most characters and storylines were just skimmed by. Nothing was developed. The closest one, with the exception of Logan (and that was probably because he was in the other movies) was Agent Zero.

The 3rd act didn't make much sense for me. It kept stopping and felt semi uncomfortable. If Logan was in such a rush to kill all these guys, he should run in and chopped some ****ing heads off. Who cares if your girlfriend was still alive? Cry about it later, and **** their **** up! Also, where were the guards at the facility?

Deadpool... enough said. He didn't suck as a character, (hell, if they would've calld him Omega Red, it wouldn't have been so bad) but it he wasn't Wade, it would've been much better.

There were scenes here that SCREAMED "Logan, go kick some ass", like in Africa at the building, but he barely did anything. I would've liked to have seen him angrier, especially while at Team X. After one nasty assignment, you wanna leave? It would've been better if we saw Team X do a series of assignments that were borderline sketchy, with the Nigeria one being the last straw for Logan.

I'm seeing it again today, I'll tell ya if I find some more.

darkknight. he couldnt chop off heads. its a PG13 movie.

you asking yourself why make a movie about a guy who has sharp claws if he can not use them? FOX

FOX

darkknight. he couldnt chop off heads. its a PG13 movie.

you asking yourself why make a movie about a guy who has sharp claws if he can not use them? FOX

FOX

I know, man, I know. This film makes it pretty obvious that Wolverine should only ever be an R-rated character. I've said time and time again, this movie would only ever work if it was 2 1/2 hours long and rated R.

Btw, **** Fox. **** them up their stupid asses.

I know, man, I know. This film makes it pretty obvious that Wolverine should only ever be an R-rated character. I've said time and time again, this movie would only ever work if it was 2 1/2 hours long and rated R.

Btw, **** Fox. **** them up their stupid asses.
i agree. look of course a R rated movie that has a budget over 100 millions can nto make a profit. maybe only maybe if it clicks with people.

wolverine in a team like.............x-men can be PG13. yes i said it. if he is around mutants that are not hard R then it can work. x-men movies dont have only wolverine action. but a stand alone wolverine movie? well then its very hard to make it interesting since he fights only with hes claws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"