The Wolverine What didn't you like about the film?

Isn't Adamantium supposed to be Unbreakable?Then how did his claws get cut?

I liked the scene back then.But I think it was a huge mistake for Wolverine to lose his adamantium claws

I don't necessarily. I think it still leaves him open to having all the adamantium stripped from his bones by Magneto in a later installment. And eventually be back to bone only in an Old Man Logan movie.

I don't necessarily. I think it still leaves him open to having all the adamantium stripped from his bones by Magneto in a later installment. And eventually be back to bone only in an Old Man Logan movie.

I am not sure stripping Wolverine of adamantium is going to work in a movie.In Comics?Yes.In movies?Nope.

He was banned after defending himself for somebody who said he didn't like him having the username "GOD"

That was the last post he made before he was banned, i'm not making up stories, i'm reaching conclusion, be them true or wrong, based on the evidence of his posts

No, what you're doing is jumping to conclusions, and not doing it very well. He posted a number of inappropriate comments (the most offensive if which were deleted). He was warned to stop, and chose not to listen. Hence, he was banned. His user name had nothing to do with it.

In fact, if you actually read the month-old posts you've decided to make an issue out of some reason, you'll see that C. Lee also reminded everyone to respect each other's religion.

But thanks for playing.

He was banned after defending himself for somebody who said he didn't like him having the username "GOD"

That was the last post he made before he was banned, i'm not making up stories, i'm reaching conclusion, be them true or wrong, based on the evidence of his posts

I guess you didn't realize one little fact....when posts get offensive and out of hand, those posts can be deleted so that you and all non staff members cannot see them. So, that wasn't his last post...just the last one that the general populace can see.

Now....you have been answered by me and danoyse. If you want to bring this subject up again, you will Pm me about it. This thread is not the place for its discussion.

Everything. This movie sucked. I honestly liked Origins better. That was at least a fun first watch.

I wanted Wolverine's Japan background. Not his revisit. The characters were very tastless. I didn't care for them.

At least in the first one Sabertooth was pretty badass.

This whole X Men series needs a reboot. Too many directors and writers trying to tie their stories into one continuity.

Wolverine was only badass in the first and second x men movie.

Hugh is too old. I see why they made this movie take place in modern Japan.

I totally agree. Besides, I didn't like it that he had a new love interest when he hadn't forget Jean. I mean going from protection to love is so cliché. Does every movie need romance?

Few scenes with Viper. Especially her funeral poisoning scene still looks idiotic. I can tolerate her being her in the movie, but just a couple of scenes/deliveries bug me. Harada would've deserved more screen time, so I would've preferred just the ninja clan, faceless, without Harada in this picture with already so many subplots and characters. Nothing against Will Yun Lee's performance. Some of Yashida's lines in the end are a little flat too.

I've now watched it once in a theatre and about 4-5 times on blu-ray. The few things that previously stuck out as bad for me, still stick out and takes me out of the film for awhile every damn time. But everything I like gets better every time I see it. Also, giant props for good old-fashioned filmmaking. Some nice sets, good cinematography, nice stunts with respectable coreography, love the storytelling, pacing of action and the slow deepening parts, (a few) excellent characters and acting most of the time, best movie soundtrack I've heard in a while. plenty of good oldschool stuff compared to usual superhero movies.

I can't watch films like Avengers or Iron Man 3 right after this. I'd just shake my head. Perhaps It's time for a little break now. Just like with good music albums, once you play something you really love a lot, everything else sounds pointless and crappy right after it.

I totally agree. Besides, I didn't like it that he had a new love interest when he hadn't forget Jean. I mean going from protection to love is so cliché. Does every movie need romance?

Romance is a huge element of the specific story that was being adapted. It would have been bad to not include it.

Few scenes with Viper. Especially her funeral poisoning scene still looks idiotic. I can tolerate her being her in the movie, but just a couple of scenes/deliveries bug me. Harada would've deserved more screen time, so I would've preferred just the ninja clan, faceless, without Harada in this picture with already so many subplots and characters. Nothing against Will Yun Lee's performance. Some of Yashida's lines in the end are a little flat too.

I've now watched it once in a theatre and about 4-5 times on blu-ray. The few things that previously stuck out as bad for me, still stick out and takes me out of the film for awhile every damn time. But everything I like gets better every time I see it. Also, giant props for good old-fashioned filmmaking. Some nice sets, good cinematography, nice stunts with respectable coreography, love the storytelling, pacing of action and the slow deepening parts, (a few) excellent characters and acting most of the time, best movie soundtrack I've heard in a while. plenty of good oldschool stuff compared to usual superhero movies.

I can't watch films like Avengers or Iron Man 3 right after this. I'd just shake my head. Perhaps It's time for a little break now. Just like with good music albums, once you play something you really love a lot, everything else sounds pointless and crappy right after it.

What are the things that previously stuck out as bad and still bug you now, was it the things you mentioned above about Viper and Harada or something else? Also, is there anything else you didn't like about the film or needed to be improved?

What are the things that previously stuck out as bad and still bug you now, was it the things you mentioned above about Viper and Harada or something else? Also, is there anything else you didn't like about the film or needed to be improved?

The ones I mentioned. Some things with Viper and not really getting to know/care about Harada. Some lines here and there can sound a bit bad. oh yeah, one really minor stupid gripe: when he offs the last guy on the top of the train, there's a really loud SNIKT sound when he lunges even when his claws were already out. Hah, minor stuff.

I've even come to accept the robot. I don't exactly like it, but it doesn't bug me. After all, I got the "real" SS in the Shingen fight. And the final act's clumsy fighting with lots of falling kind of...fits. Everything else was done in previous fights. It is the weakest action scene for me though, and even if it's fine for me as it is, perhaps 1 minute less action and 1 minute more skilled drama in the last act would've made it better.

I've come to appreciate this film so much that apart from the gripes I mentioned, I probably wouldn't want to change much about it. I'm constantly surprised how much there is to like, especially with the slower parts.

Last edited:
If the last fight could have matched the Shingen fight for entertain and pure, raw emotion the movie would have been amazing. After a re-watch the final battle doesnt seem that bad anymore, but its still the worst action scene in the movie, by some way.

If we had gotten something better, and more of Logan fighting with the sword, the whole movie would have benefitted. Its still awesome the way it is, the movie I mean, but that final fight is just poor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"