What do we know about Singer's X3?

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
What I do know about it is that it was gonna be about the Dark Phoniex Saga. As for the cure part, I do remember in one interview where he said that it was going to be about humans and mutants fighting "evolution itself". Which, to me, sounds like the cure plot. And finally, he was planning to make X-Men 3 & X-Men 4 back to back. Thats all I know.

And for differences: I believe the story would've been more developed, the characters would've been more developed, running time longer on par with X1 & X2, and more Cyclops (as in more of him than he was shown in Ratner's X3).

So what do we know about Singer's X3 and how would that version be different than Ratner's?

Hey Binker,

There was a huge thread about this topic not too long ago. I'll try to find a link to it.

The cure most likely wouldn't have been in the movie, as it hadn't even been introduced in the comic books when Singer was writing his treatment. The inclusion of the cure storyline was Rothman's idea . . . and humans and mutants going up against evolution itself was in reference to Jean's evolution into Phoenix/Dark Phoenix.

Nobody knows.

Things that have some evidence are the inclusion of Gambit and Emma Frost (he wanted Sigourney Weaver to play Frost, and said he realized how important Gambit was), the exclusion of Storm (which I think would have been an offense as severe as Cyclops; at least he got a story for his exit, Storm would just have been gone), and it would have been possibly X-Men 3 and X-Men 4 back to back.

As far as Singer's X-Men 3, I don't know.

I love X-Men and X2. I also feel that the errors that X-Men: The Last Stand had, would not have existed in Singer's film. Yet, I'm not so sure that the good things about X-Men: The Last Stand would have existed either. And therein lies my predicament. I think the good things in X-Men: The Last Stand are better than anything in X-Men and X2, yet the bad things are way worse than anything in Singer's films.

So my feelings towards a Singer X-Men 3 are very conflicted.

All in all, I don't think a Singer film would have the fan backlash that this one has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back