Bryan Singer's X-men 3 Revealed!

But looking at the bright side, I don't think we would have gotten spin-off films if he stayed with the X-Men, instead there would have been a X4/X5 films after X3 and even though I would have preferred it that way, Singer would have been burnt out directing X-Men films and it would reflect in the quality of the movies and it would lead to the "Sam Raimi situation" that happened to Spider-Man 3/4.

Yeah I guess that's possible but we'll never know. Tbh Singer needs a hit now and something that's good. If he hits DOFP out the park then he's a hero to the X fans and his reputation is restored cause he's been on the decline post X2.

I liked Valkyrie :(

I haven't seen it to be fair but it wasn't a major hit. I think Singer needs DOFP to not only be good but to make some major money.

The bare bones of Vaughn's X3 is there in The Last Stand.

However, it was like taking his version of the movie and stripping it down to the basics. There was some restructuring (the golden gate scene was earlier in the movie and Magneto was using the bridge to release mutants from Alcatraz - Gambit, Cannonball, Juggernaut and Leech among them). Wolverine and Storm were sleeping together. Much bigger role for Rogue, who was attending the brotherhood meetings (though may have been trying to infiltrate them). Beast, Iceman and Kitty infiltrate Worthington Labs in order to see if the cure is real. And Phoenix was going to be more of a loose cannon, and not a silent henchwoman.

I like what Singer believes he would have done if he had directed X3 but lets be real his vision would have been messed with by Fox (Rothman) and some of his amazing ideas probably wouldn't make it. I believe that cyclops would be alive but I don't for one second believe that Wolverine would have taken a back seat to him, I just don't think Rothman would have allowed that. Singers ideas sound great but how much of them would he really have been allowed to do...

Singer knew how to make a good film under the Rothman regime.

If Vaughn would have stayed and made X3 the film would have viewed as decent but somewhat disappointing final part of tirlogy and not disaster and at best mixed film It is now.

Has Matthew Vaughn's X3 been revealed? I would like to know what that version would've been like

Has Matthew Vaughn's X3 been revealed? I would like to know what that version would've been like
He was a replacement director, after Singer left it was Basically Fox making the shots, Vaughn's x-3 wouldn't have been much different from the film we got

I know about the replacement part, heck I was following the X3 news back in the day. I was just wondering about the story and changes, though one topic here did reveal such info, but a lot of people disliked it which wasn't what I expected, given Vaughn's later work on First Class and Kick-Ass.

He was a replacement director, after Singer left it was Basically Fox making the shots, Vaughn's x-3 wouldn't have been much different from the film we got

Yeah it would have been different.

He would have allowed the film to breathe and developed the characters more.

But looking at the bright side, I don't think we would have gotten spin-off films if he stayed with the X-Men, instead there would have been a X4/X5 films after X3 and even though I would have preferred it that way, Singer would have been burnt out directing X-Men films and it would reflect in the quality of the movies and it would lead to the "Sam Raimi situation" that happened to Spider-Man 3/4.

It would have been better if Singer stayed though. We would have had a perfect trilogy (or a quadrilogy if he did X3/X4). Then the studio/producers would still have wanted spin-offs and Bryan would probably have moved on to do another of his projects that he has in development. So we would still have had Origins (or something like it) and First Class.

But at least there would have been an X3 (and probably an X4) that flowed on better from X1 and X2 and handled the Phoenix a lot better.

However, what's done is done.

It would have been better if Singer stayed though. We would have had a perfect trilogy (or a quadrilogy if he did X3/X4). Then the studio/producers would still have wanted spin-offs and Bryan would probably have moved on to do another of his projects that he has in development. So we would still have had Origins (or something like it) and First Class.

But at least there would have been an X3 (and probably an X4) that flowed on better from X1 and X2 and handled the Phoenix a lot better.

However, what's done is done.

Well we assume it would have been perfect, there's nothing to say he wouldn't have ****ed it up though.

I do feel it would have been much better than what we got.

If vaughn would have stayed Cyclops,Xavier,and Phoenix still would have died.
But there would have been key differences

Phoenix would be less a split personality zombie
Beast would have been In catform and he would have driven Xavier and magneto
In flashback
The president would have been more an antagist
There would have been more a love traingle between Iceman,Kitty,and rogue
The danger room would have been test to see If Iceman and Kitty are ready to join the main team
Iceman and Kitty joined Beast In trying to steal a sample of cure
Mystique would be captived and used by government on alcatriz as test subject for cure
Magneto would have used golden gate bridge to get to alcataz to rescue mutant prisoners and discovered Mystique being turned human
Rogue would have been attending brotherhood meetings possibly as spy
Wolverine and storm would have taken comfort with each other after Xavier's death
The climax would take place in Washington D.C. apparently an attack on
White house.

It would have been better if Singer stayed though. We would have had a perfect trilogy (or a quadrilogy if he did X3/X4). Then the studio/producers would still have wanted spin-offs and Bryan would probably have moved on to do another of his projects that he has in development. So we would still have had Origins (or something like it) and First Class. But at least there would have been an X3 (and probably an X4) that flowed on better from X1 and X2 and handled the Phoenix a lot better. However, what's done is done.

Yeah I always thought what if he didn't leave in 2004/2005. And I would really prefer that we got a X3 directed by Bryan Singer and X4 after what we've got right now. But we are here now.

If vaughn would have stayed Cyclops,Xavier,and Phoenix still would have died.
But there would have been key differences

Phoenix would be less a split personality zombie
Beast would have been In catform and he would have driven Xavier and magneto
In flashback
The president would have been more an antagist
There would have been more a love traingle between Iceman,Kitty,and rogue
The danger room would have been test to see If Iceman and Kitty are ready to join the main team
Iceman and Kitty joined Beast In trying to steal a sample of cure
Mystique would be captived and used by government on alcatriz as test subject for cure
Magneto would have used golden gate bridge to get to alcataz to rescue mutant prisoners and discovered Mystique being turned human
Rogue would have been attending brotherhood meetings possibly as spy
Wolverine and storm would have taken comfort with each other after Xavier's death
The climax would take place in Washington D.C. apparently an attack on
White house.

How do you know this?

As for Ratner I don't think he can be blamed, he was brought in simply to get the shots in the can, due to the rushed production schedule.

Leaked script details back In 2005 came from draft Vaughn worked on with Kinberg and Penn.

As for ratner yes he has some blame.There were last minute rewrites to sastify his so called vision.He didn't just shoot the script Vaughn co-wrote.

Ratner Isn't solely to blame but he has to share some of it.

Leaked script details back In 2005 came from draft Vaughn worked on with Kinberg and Penn.

As for ratner yes he has some blame.There were last minute rewrites to sastify his so called vision.He didn't just shoot the script Vaughn co-wrote.

Ratner Isn't solely to blame but he has to share some of it.

Ah cool

That's what I meant but at the same time like I said he was hired to do a job he didn't get alot of time and he was taking over someone else's film series. Knowing FX aswel I bet they made demands of him to make it have more action etc whereas Singer would probably have been able to talk the studio around, Ratner was a yes man. It bears strange resemblance to Richard Lester and Superman II in some was.

Well Fox Is to blame for Xavier's death.They forced that on the production team.

The writers had to fight just to get Cyclops In film.Rothman wanted a dialoga mentioning he died Inbetween films.

Doing the cure was also fox's or should I say Rothman idea not thinking dark phoenix could sustain film.

There were reports Ratner wanted more action,and that was one of things done in the quick rewrite after he came on.It was ratner's smart idea to give rogue the cure something LSD publicaly said she was against.And she rarely says anything against those
Involved In Last Stand or origins.

There are many factors In what lead to last Stand

1:Rothman not quickly singing Bryan Singer to do a third film
2:Alan Horn at Warner Brothers desperate to get Singer to do Superman
3:Singer deciding to do Superman while X-Men talks were at standstill
4:Rothman begining to tell them want they could or could not do with film
5:matthew vaughn bailing on Last stand even after co-writing script,casting some of new actors,and hiring many of film crew
6:Ratner as director and some of his decsions.

So Tom Rothman basically destroyed X3 creatively with his "frustrated director syndrome". It wasn't bad enough that he massively underfunded the first X-Men movie and cut the budget for X2, he had to completely **** up X3 and the Dark Phoenix Saga storyline that the first two movies built up. Man, am I ever glad he's gone.

Now that Bryan told Empire that there still a script treatment for his X3 on his computer I wonder if he'll ever reveal it.

We know now that fighting with tom rothman over budget and control over X3 Is what killed
the Singer version.

Now that Bryan told Empire that there still a script treatment for his X3 on his computer I wonder if he'll ever reveal it.

As much as I'd like to hear it (and Raimi's SM4 too for that matter) it'd only make me more bitter. Maybe Bryan can do his Dark Phoenix story down the line lol

As much as I'd like to hear it (and Raimi's SM4 too for that matter) it'd only make me more bitter. Maybe Bryan can do his Dark Phoenix story down the line lol

Thinking well I agree with you. It's better for him not to reveal so he can still use elements of it if he's going to introduce a younger version of Jean in XMA. :hmm

We know now that fighting with tom rothman over budget and control over X3 Is what killed
the Singer version.

Hmmm I think he should have stayed through til X3. I get that executives can be bossy and demanding, but thats just how it works in business. Some directors give up so easily when they don't get all they want. Bryan Singer should come just have compromised with Fox. After all, he did pretty well with X1/X2 despite with all the limitations that those films had. And how much budget was he asking for X3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"