• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

Bryan Singer's X-men 3 Revealed!

So, considering Singer is responsible for X1 and X2 (both of which might as well have been called Whimpy Wolverine and those X people), am I the only one who would rather he just simply go away and give someone else more willing to do the X-Men justice a shot?

X3 was horrible (as has been said). Not one redeeming quality in the whole thing. Having said that, the previous two were, for me, nearly as bad. I haven't yet seen First Class and I'm not sure I want to knowing who made it. What's truly heartbreaking is finally seeing the X-Men, a childhood staple, get some attention only to watch the train wreck of the past ten years unfold. I thought for sure they would do in the movies what the cartoons seemed completely unable to. Now I just find myself hoping for a respite and a batman-like reboot.

You mean.... like the comics?
Didn't Dark Phoenix destroy planets and galaxies?

If Bryan Singer left X-Men, and made a fantastic Superman film, then I wouldn't be so upset. But he left a great franchise to make a movie that was so boring and unnecessary... and it literally went nowhere, causing the need for a reboot.

I love that. Making Cyclops evolve as a leader.
I hate how the man who is supposed to LEAD the X-Men has been completely ignored in the movies. I know he doesn't come close to Wolverine's popularity, but still. Give the guy some credit. He gets knocked out for most of X2 and killed early in X3. What a waste. Hopefully the sequels to First Class fix that.

Who says he'll even be in First Class 2?
Well at some point he has to be in a sequel. The new trilogy has to go somewhere, so I assume that at some point they will gather the X-Men team we had with X-Men (2000)

I remember I had similar ideas for X3. The lights in the sky, ships gone missing, weird phenomenon. It kind of sets it up perfectly. God X3 was a joke. I hope Fox knows how bad it was.

Said this on another thread, just reading that was a 1000 times better than the X3 we got, that would have been the greatest comic book movie ever, no doubt, just makes what we got all the more dissapointing.

have just found this tread, after all this years....

pretty sad to know what could have been with the third movie.

some simple ideas, yet so awesome :csad:

At least now we have Days of future past to feel that there is a really Epic movie coming. Sorry Phoenix saga, tho.

Maybe it's not too late. Depending on what X-men Day of Future Past does, we might have the opportunity to realign the time stream in a way that the events of X3 never happen and thus open the door for Singer et al to make the X3 they envisioned. I love the description in the opening post on this thread of what X3 was supposed to do. We X-fans deserve this!

perhaps scenes that were suppose to be in Singer's X3 will show up in Days of Future Past

It would be amazing if Singer returned to do his X3 after the dust has settled from DOFP. Potentially, things could be lined up perfectly. The next X-Men film could open with a slightly altered timeline, Jean died some time ago, the team are still grieving (Logan doing so in Japan). Singer could bring in his vision of an older Emma Frost, now previously established in First Class. There might be resistance to re-treading the Phoenix story, but we all know there's plenty of untapped potential in that story. Would be fun.

Last edited:
Eh, I suggest they move on with new stories. Other than the fan-boys, I don't think the public audience wants to X-Men 3 version 2. And its gonna be like Superman Returns 2.0. No need to remake X3 because the first one didn't work and wasm't directed by Singer.

I totally agree with you guys.

As henzINNIT stated, we can have that vision of an older Emma... I do can see Weaver as an older Emma.

sigourney-weaver-galaxy02.jpg

http://www.movieactors.com/photos-stars/sigourney-weaver-galaxy02.jpg

I have to say... I´m not a fan of Kinberg... but i do hope for the best. I´d love to see Dougherty and Harris back to the X-verse.

I hope the day comes when Rothman pays for all his screw ups.

And this was only one person's version of what X3 would have been...
If I remember correctly, Josh Holloway was asked to be Gambit in X3. The team would've been amazing, Cyclops and Rogue would've had their due development.
We would've had a better confrontation between Pyro and Iceman... But all these would'ves aren't worth crying about now...
unless we have a time machine! :awesome: (fingers crossed!)

Last edited:
Bryan Singer shouldn't have left in the first place. When he left X3, it started the domino effect.

So on the back of what we know about Singers X3. How close was Vaughn's X3 to what was shot?

Jean would definitely have had the Phoenix effect and the final battle would have taken place in Washington at White House I think.

Bryan Singer shouldn't have left in the first place. When he left X3, it started the domino effect.

It's strange isn't it, I think Singer leaving not only effected X3 but also the Wolverine which I'm sure he'd have had sone involvement in.

On the flip side though as a massive Suerman fan, yes he made a pretty boring Superman film but he saved Smallville (huge fan) and we finally got the Richrd Donner cut if SII on the back of it aswell.

I wish Fox had just been willing to wait for him.

It's strange isn't it, I think Singer leaving not only effected X3 but also the Wolverine which I'm sure he'd have had sone involvement in.

But looking at the bright side, I don't think we would have gotten spin-off films if he stayed with the X-Men, instead there would have been a X4/X5 films after X3 and even though I would have preferred it that way, Singer would have been burnt out directing X-Men films and it would reflect in the quality of the movies and it would lead to the "Sam Raimi situation" that happened to Spider-Man 3/4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"