• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

What Do You NOT Want To See In A GL Movie?

Yea straight out rock i would be fine with a few songs in the film at different points with the who musical scores too. Then more regular songs in credits/soundtrack.

I don't want Rock or Pop played at inappropriate times in the film.....like what was done in Transformers.

This film should be fun but remain as EPIC as possible.

Understandable and i agree too. If their is a right place/time in the film do it. If not just leave it for the credits.

I don't want Rock or Pop played at inappropriate times in the film.....like what was done in Transformers.

This film should be fun but remain as EPIC as possible.

Yeah, definitely. Keep this movies soundtrack as score based as possible.

I don't think Transformers used rock/pop music at unappropiated times. Which scenes are you refering to, DK?

well ya the film itself should just have musical scores, but like i said before if their is like a bar scene or a scene of someone listening to the radio i dont see the harm of throwing some rock/pop/country song in their for a little bit. Then during the final credits have a bunch of songs of different genres.

No terrible music(especially rap,hip hop,emo),stupid humor,campy acting(unintentional),and a so so super villain.

I don't think Transformers used rock/pop music at unappropiated times. Which scenes are you refering to, DK?

Not to step on his toes, but I would guess the Linkin Park song at the end was a tad ridiculous. That'll make the movie feel rather dated, really quickly.

The moment I think of is when Mikaela is driving the tow truck with Bumblebee hooked up to it in reverse while he's shooting Brawl and pushing cars out of the way. The music was very out of place and unecessary, especially with some pretty good clips from the score preceding it.

I don't want to see mistakes in the film that will later haunt them in some trivia blog.

Last edited:
Even if this is a MASSIVE success, we'll only get 4 or 5 films max. That said, I'd like for the stories to focus around what makes Green Lantern unique; the corps, outerspace travel etc. I don't want to see him fighting villains that would work in the context of other DC characters. I only want to see characters/ villains that pertain to the Guardians, and threats on a galactic level.

If there was going to be 90 films, I'd say deviating from that would be okay, but too much deviation undermines the concept.

Even if this is a MASSIVE success, we'll only get 4 or 5 films max. That said, I'd like for the stories to focus around what makes Green Lantern unique; the corps, outerspace travel etc. I don't want to see him fighting villains that would work in the context of other DC characters. I only want to see characters/ villains that pertain to the Guardians, and threats on a galactic level.

If there was going to be 90 films, I'd say deviating from that would be okay, but too much deviation undermines the concept.

I think the endgame here would be to have it turn into a franchise like Star Wars (which has 6 films under it's belt) or Star Trek (which has 11 films). If it is a "MASSIVE" success, as you suppose there should be no reason why this shouldn't happen (baring some copyright issue, which is doubtful). The ultimate success for the Green Lantern would be for hit to end up like the James Bond franchise with a library of 22 films (soon to be 23).

I think the endgame here would be to have it turn into a franchise like Star Wars (which has 6 films under it's belt) or Star Trek (which has 11 films). If it is a "MASSIVE" success, as you suppose there should be no reason why this shouldn't happen (baring some copyright issue, which is doubtful). The ultimate success for the Green Lantern would be for hit to end up like the James Bond franchise with a library of 22 films (soon to be 23).

I mean 3-5 films with one cast, one continuity.

There's certain things that need to be built upto, like the Sinestro Corps war, and I feel like that would be best handled by keeping the movies focused on space as opposed to villains like Shark etc.

If the quality continues, we can have 12 movies with the same cast and continuity.

Back-to-back filming, Kyle Rayner taking over, prequels... The possibilities are unlimited.

If the quality continues, we can have 12 movies with the same cast and continuity.

Hoping for 12 movies is just unrealistic. James Bond seems to be the exception rather than the rule. To my knowledge the comic book property with the most films (over two franchises) is Batman, and even he's only managed 6 - half as many as your aspiration - in 20 years.

Hoping for 12 movies is just unrealistic. James Bond seems to be the exception rather than the rule. To my knowledge the comic book property with the most films (over two franchises) is Batman, and even he's only managed 6 - half as many as your aspiration - in 20 years.

Exactly. I'd like to think I'll care about the Green Lantern in 12 films, but I'm not 7; I'm 25. I would be about 65 by Green Lantern 12.

I'd just like to see a good trilogy. GL is in my holy 6 (three fav DC and three fav marvel= holy 6) and all I really wish for those characters is that each gets a good trilogy.

I don't hope for 12 movies. I only said that, if the quality continues, we can have as many filmes as we want without using the Reboot button. I'm getting tired of the Reboot gist.

And yes, I'd want as many GL movies as possible. :o

Considering no character has ever had a great trilogy (Superman, Batman, Spider-Man and The X-Men have had high quality dulogies but never had a great 3rd film) I think hoping for the quality to continue past the 3rd film, into more is unrealistic.

One step at a time!

I want six.

A Hal trilogy that climax's with him retiring and going off with Carol to travel America.
Then:
A Kyle trilogy that climax's with the corps returning and Kyle teaming up with Hal, Guy, John and Kilowog to take down Parrallax once and for all.

Yep, i wan't my GL flicks to be reference-tastic.

I don't want a Kyle trilogy. I don't think he's interesting enough.

Of course, he's interesting enough... He's the Torchbearer.

Kyle is kind of like the Luke Skywalker to Hal's Anakin/Vader.

Whether you like him or not, he's HUGELY important to GL mythology. I'm not saying he should be in the first few movies, but if he's not in the series AT ALL, then it's not really Green Lantern, is it?
It's just... I dunno, "The Hal Jordan's awesome" series.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"