What do you think of Michael Jackson the musician, not the man/woman/whatever he is?

His stuff in the 80s was great, but Black or White is probably the most recent thing by him I like.

I don't think he is among the most talented, but he was definitely great.

The Batman said:
Yup. Thing is, he could, as said before, have been an awesome producer. And everyone knows that some producers are nutso, so that wouldve fit him perfectly. But, hes out of touch with today....

I think Quincy actually had that idea in mind as well and was starting to groom him as sort of a protoge'.

jag

jaguarr said:
I think Quincy actually had that idea in mind as well and was starting to groom him as sort of a protoge'.

jag

Damn...if he werent such a nutjob, hed be the most respected man in music today...hed be even more of a legend than he is now....wow...

The Batman said:
Damn...if he werent such a nutjob, hed be the most respected man in music today...hed be even more of a legend than he is now....wow...

I think all the estrogen from his hormone treatments ate his brain.

jag

I grew up watching that movie Moonwalker...but I don't know if I can sit through it anymore knowing everything thats happened over the years with these molestation scandals...it just doesn't seem right...but if I can get it on DVD its mine!

Ronny Shade said:
Off the Wall and Thriller are two of the greatest albums ever.

However, most of the genius comes from Quincy Jones.

Amen:o

I rock Off The Wall more than Thriller...both are good but OTW is much better.

Fanticon said:
I grew up watching that movie Moonwalker...but I don't know if I can sit through it anymore knowing everything thats happened over the years with these molestation scandals...it just doesn't seem right...but if I can get it on DVD its mine!

the movie would be hard for anybody over 12 to watch anyways, except for the smooth criminal part, which is completely freaking awesome!

You know I'm really surprised by the results of this poll. I didn't expect so many people to respond the way they did. Most people inmaturely pretend they dont' like his music, just because he's so freaky.

I guess the hypsters are capable of seperating the musician from the man/woman/whatever something inbetween.

Michael Jackson is one of the greatest musicians of all time.
Also, if it wasn't for him, who knows what music today would be like.

A brilliant lyricist, singer and dancer and a visionary when it comes to music videos

I personally believe that when it comes to musical talent, there is no close second. but what about the hypsters?

I would agree that he's the best solo artist of all time[Album, live performance, music video, accolades, overall-achievements]. I've always appreciated the versatility of his voice. He tackled Pop, Rock, R&B, early hip-hop, classical, and had success in every genre.

Imo, The Beatles are to bands what Michael became to solo artists.

The albums, the stage performance, the movement; it was amazing. The guy could sing and hit his notes while doing complex routines. No live entertainer has or probably will ever do some of the things that he's done.

Strictly speaking in terms of pop music from a solo artist, he's made some of the best songs.

His children are every where: Justin Timberlake, Usher, etc...

In my mind, Michael's a musical genius who's troubled early years led him to the sad state where he's at now. He's a mentally disturbed individual with a severe disconnect from reality who may or may have not molested minors. Sad. Just sad.

edit - Some of my favs from the solo career:

Don't Stop Until You Get Enough
Rock With You
I Can't Help It
The Girl is Mine f/ Paul McCartney
Thriller
Beat It
Billie Jean
Human Nature
Dirty Diana
Smooth Criminal
Another Part of Me
Man in the Mirror - probably his best piece of written work
Dangerous
Remember the Times
Black or White

I've always figured he was Bi-polar, too.

Although I never really got into any of Jacko's work besides Thriller or some of his other classics, I can't complain, and I sure as hell can't knock him. His record sells show more than just the average artist.

Who Is It is my favorite song, and Smooth Criminal is my favorite music video!

I supported him since his "big ass greasy bell pepper nose" days

I've never been a big fan. I like a few of his songs, mostly the earlier stuff (Thriller etc) and the Earth Song

Among the most talented of all time.

There are other artists who have done it just as long and just as well.

Example: Bee Gees had at least 1 hit every decade from the 70's through to the 90's and often more than 1.

Then there are many other artists with more talent that just work in a genre of music that isn't as popular (classical music).

MJ has a heck of a lot of talent... it's a pity that his parents didn't give him a proper childhood.

the main fact is that Billie jean has probably been played in every single club in the world probably will be played throughout all time will probably stand as a testament to his talents.

that song simply simply doesn't age.

also the fact that everyone's favourite MJ song could be anything from 20 different ones and they all are arguably correct. Not many artists have that many high quality songs.

I've never cared for his music. Granted, I haven't heard much of it, but...meh.

Assassin said:
I supported him since his "big ass greasy bell pepper nose" days

Um, he never had a big nose in the first place, it was pretty regular. I never understood why he made it so small.

I always enjoyed his music and lyrics. He's a genius on stage, a brilliant performer. Loved his trademarks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"