What do you think of the Hood, insteresting villain or boring villain?

In an upcoming issue of NA, it says the Dr. Strange is no longer the Sorcerer Supreme and that a new Sorcerer will be chosen, Doc goes to the NA for help. The Hood has been all NA, so maybe the Hood is gonna make a play to become the New Sorcerer Supreme, it would kinda make sense. The Hood and his group are gonna be registered heroes, imagine having the Sorcerer Supreme on Osborns side.

I really liked where Bendis was taking him at first....but then it kinda just led to nothing in the end. Now he's just a punk with two guns and a cape really.
He's always been a punk with two guns and a cape. It's pretty clear that Dormammu's doing all the heavy lifting for him because the way he's been written, it'd be a miracle if he could get a drooling ****** to follow him.

Anyway, boring villain until Dormammu ultimately makes his presence known and casts his useless little host aside.

Boring. I really diddnt care for his arc in New Avengers

Interesting now with the Dormamu revelation. But then again, all powerful hell God in the hands of Bendis could very easily suck balls.

True. But Dormammu is basically the only thing keeping the Hood afloat at this point. Without him, he's one of the worst Mary Sues ever. This random bastard who can apparently do next to nothing except shoot people and turn invisible comes out of nowhere to somehow make about 90% of Marvel's supervillain underworld start working for him. Guys like Graviton and the Wizard, who, while not the biggest A-list names ever, have long and venerable careers in villainy and are not really the type to submit to someone else's plans, yet we're supposed to believe they'll all fall in line and follow this pissant f*** who's little more than a common street punk? Stupid. But all those other villains falling in line and following Dormammu? Holy hell, now that's a decent idea.

He's like a teenage boy jumping around his room in his dressing gown playing super villain.

What the Hood is doesn't matter as long as Dormamu is there pulling the strings. It could have just as easily been Frog man pulling the Kingpin coup. As long as he's got a guy with the power that Dormamu has clouding the better judgement of other villains, he's the most awesome thing to happen to super crime since the Dethray. :o

Exactly: Dormammu's the real draw. The Hood doesn't matter at all.

In an upcoming issue of NA, it says the Dr. Strange is no longer the Sorcerer Supreme and that a new Sorcerer will be chosen, Doc goes to the NA for help. The Hood has been all NA, so maybe the Hood is gonna make a play to become the New Sorcerer Supreme, it would kinda make sense. The Hood and his group are gonna be registered heroes, imagine having the Sorcerer Supreme on Osborns side.

I'm mad about Doc's demotion but not surprised. Bendis clearly hates Strange :down:

Besides, I'm pretty sure Doom is #2 in the magic dept.

Doom's not #2 in magic, dude. Doom's less than a bug compared to Loki, let alone Dormammu.

Really, with Hoodmammu on Osborn's side, he doesn't need any other magic powerhouses. But he also has Loki and Doom, so without a Sorcerer Supreme, the heroes are kind of f***ed when it comes to magic. They've got, what, Thor, who can maybe pull out a win against full-on spellcasters about half the time if they're actually dumb enough to engage him in head-on combat instead of using their magic to trick him, Brother Voodoo, and... that's about it.

They will probably just come up with some random new guy to fill the void.

The Magic Sentry! He's really been around for years, but no one noticed him because he was crazy and had to make everyone forget. And he's magic!

Doom's not #2 in magic, dude. Doom's less than a bug compared to Loki, let alone Dormammu.

Really, with Hoodmammu on Osborn's side, he doesn't need any other magic powerhouses. But he also has Loki and Doom, so without a Sorcerer Supreme, the heroes are kind of f***ed when it comes to magic. They've got, what, Thor, who can maybe pull out a win against full-on spellcasters about half the time if they're actually dumb enough to engage him in head-on combat instead of using their magic to trick him, Brother Voodoo, and... that's about it.

Oh no, not out of all the magic wielders. I should have specified, just magic using humans. He was just behind Strange for the longest while right?

No, he's maybe just behind Strange ever since he jacked up his magic power with "Unthinkable" and whatever else has been boosting his power since then. Before that, he was pretty low on the magic totem pole. Baron Mordo was probably the second-best human magic user after Strange.

Right. One of those 2 will probably end up the new S.Supreme. Unless they pull a wild card and give Count Nefaria a power boost or something lol

Count Nefaria's already ridiculously powerful. Making him the most powerful human sorcerer on Earth seems like overkill. The only guy he could fight would be the Sentry on one of his good days. :o

I really dug the miniseries, but I'm not so sure he fits into the marvel mainstream. Especially written as a leader, and especially written by Bendis.

It would be cooler to make him a sympathetic villain for Spider-Man.

Now, making Count Nefaria master of the underworld without Kingpin would have made more sense. He had plenty of rep and raw power.

Technically, Hood would be a "Mary Sue" if Bendis invented him. He didn't; Vaughn made him for a mini series and he had just come off of McDuffie's BEYOND!. Basically Bendis just shook off the minor hints of Hood wanting to turn a new leaf and made him an out and out crook, which is what he usually does; puts a character into a set role even if it disregards past stories that Bendis himself did not write, because they do not matter. Nothing ever happened until Bendis wrote it.

Still don't care for the Hood, and while I am curious about stuff, am not regretting dropping NEW AVENGERS.

Did you know me and you tied for Comics poster of the year?

On the one hand, I'm rather happy to know that all my dick jokes and thread derailments didn't go to waste, and on the other hand, I can't help but feel that it's all ultimately meaningless because we didn't win anything. I mean is it really so hard to get the winners some free hookers? A Lap dance from a crack ****e? Something.

Well, we got that picture of a trophy with our names digitally inserted on it. :dry:

Nothing says "we put minimal effort into this just for you" like Photoshopped text. :)

Technically, Hood would be a "Mary Sue" if Bendis invented him.

Definitions kind of vary for this; personally I opt for the "uncanny ability to warp the plot around themselves" factor as the salient characteristic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"