What do you think will be the next DC/WB movie franchise?

Warner Bros. TV division and film division work independently from each other and in completely different ways. By your logic we should've never even seen Superman Returns because Smallville was already on the air. It's a dumb presumption for that reason alone.

And Green Lantern's show was in development the same time as the movie.

Regardless of Wonder Woman, WB dropped the ball when they released Joss Whedon. He could have done another project at the studio, DC or not. But no.

Yeah, maybe he could've made Wrath of the Titans bearable. :o

The Flash is the only thing that really lends itself to some big summer fun that they can feasibly work on now. WW and Aquaman are going to be massive epic setpieces, and they ain't trying to lose too much money again.

With the advent of 300-esque CGI, WW wouldn't have to have that big of a budget.

Looks like it might be Lobo/The Flash for 2013-2014?

I remember reading a month or two back they're still looking into a Flash film... I hope that happens. And Lobo, too. Lobo would be a fun movie if done right.

The only shot they had at really launching something mega-popular was Green Lantern, and that fell on it's face. Don't see the others exciting many people.

Then again, I also didn't expect many to care about Thor, so what do I know.

The only shot they had at really launching something mega-popular was Green Lantern, and that fell on it's face. Don't see the others exciting many people.

Then again, I also didn't expect many to care about Thor, so what do I know.

Ignoring all the actual good qualities of the movie itself, IMO, what let them market Thor successfully was the "by the studio that brought you Iron Man" factor. Whether there's actually a common setting or not, if you can sell something as being by a similar creative team as something else good/popular, it helps. Hence why WB is emphasizing Nolan's involvement with MoS.

batman ends this year man of steel 2013 dc needs to get something ready for 2014.i mean avengers 2 is out 2015 so they have too if they want justus league at this rate wont be til 2017 ish.i say the flash for 2014 then justice league 2016 then you have other solo movies after it .maybe wonder woman man of steel2 flash2 and i think they will use john stewart in justice league to distance itself from that ryan rynolds version

The only problem with the flash is that once you boil down the character its about a guy who runs really fast. I'm sure they haven't given the green light because its tough to market. So they are going to need a really strong script for it.

I'm actually surprised they haven't looked at wonder woman again, if they keep the budget lower I think they can really pull it off.

Realistically though a flash film would have to have a director attached already if we were looking at 2014, the only film at this point is probably lobo. Unless WB makes so much money from TDKR that they don't mind opening up the purse strings again. Heck they gave dark shadows a budget of 150 on an obscure soap opera that most younger people never heard of, and older people dont remember.

I know The Flash is popular, but I would bank my money on Wonder Woman if I were WB. She's more well known than The Flash IMO. After the Green Lantern fiasco, they are going to play it safe.

^Where are you getting this "he only runs fast" thing from? Have you read any of the books or looked up his abilities?

^Where are you getting this "he only runs fast" thing from?

Well that should be the perception of lay people or those who are not accustomed to Flash comic book - right after watching the trailer.

But Goddang, but I would bet my money on the Flash not Wonder Woman. The director should have most of the money, not the actors. That director should be a Nolan substitute and may very be the one who put JLA together.

Wonder Woman is the most plausible choice. It would gain a lot of fanfare and publicity for WB to eat on, "THE WORLD'S FIRST SUPER HEROINE BROUGHT TO THE SILVER SCREEN FOR THE FIRST TIME" :p

^Where are you getting this "he only runs fast" thing from? Have you read any of the books or looked up his abilities?

Of course I have, I'm looking at it from the perspective of an executive or lay person. Arguably the flash is more popular than green lantern, so why did they go with GL first? Probably because it provided a better marketing potential with the ring and toys.

Sometimes you guys need to look at these things from an objective perspective.

Last edited:
Of course I have, I'm looking at it from the perspective of an executive or lay person. Arguably the flash is more popular than green lantern, so why did they go with GL first? Probably because it provided a better marketing potential with the ring and toys.

Sometimes you guys need to look at these things from an objective perspective.

I think Flash has pretty good marketing potential. As a character, hes often the funny wise cracker in the Justice League and that could be aimed at older children and if they develop his character properly he could definitely pull in an older demographic. On top of that, the potential for awesome action scenes are astronomical. A movie would sell itself.

As far as other marketing streams go you can sell toys of things that never actually appear in the movie. Toy guns, vehicles and action figures (not to mention Flash masks and gauntlets). Is it stupid for the Flash to have a car? Absolutely, but if you make it look like a pimped out Ferrari and toss some Flash logos on it, kids will eat it up. Kids are great. :lmao: You could also market the crap out of the villain. Captain Cold Ice Cream/Ice Pops, Mirror Master holographic Happy Meal cards and toys, etc,

As long as the movie is awesome (and can make the Flash look cool) then you could easily throw a Flash symbol on anything and it could sell. Backpacks, shoes (that could be a cool one: 'Hey kids! These shoes can make you as fast as the flash!'), notebooks, clothes, video games, etc. You just need a good director and producer with some solid actors and good plot.

i agree with flash over wonder woman atleast flash has some villains that can sell the movie.captain cold could be a great visual villain then you have mirror master again visual would work for a flash 3-d movie.what does wonder woman bring to the table villain wise not much.

yeah imagine what they could do with flash in 3-d he was made for it

With the advent of 300-esque CGI, WW wouldn't have to have that big of a budget.
As long as they want to make WW look like 300 or Immortals. Which I don't.

WB should show some boldness and make both Flash and Wonder Woman movies, Flash could be made for 130 mil budget and keep same budget for WW.

They key to reduce costs would be to make the movie where they gett tax benefits, use minimum CGI, complete the shoot withing few days and hire relatively unknown cast (say from TV series) with just one well known actor to make the movie marketable (like Marvel got Hopkins as Odin.)

It can be done, WB has already wasted money on bad projects like Wrath of Titans and Dark Shadows , both of these movies did not do well, that combined budget (in fact less money than that) could have been used to make both Flash and a WW movie.

been watching some episodes of the old 90s Flash series

i really, and i mean REALLY want to see a Flash movie

I don't think Captain Cold will be featured in a Flash movie, he's too similar to Mr. Freeze.

thanos was a rip off of darkseid. didn't stop marvel from putting him in a film.

ЯɘvlveR;23429071 said:
thanos was a rip off of darkseid. didn't stop marvel from putting him in a film.

Yeah. But the Lizard in TASM has kind of damaged Killer Croc's chances of appearing in Batman. Especially since TASM's Lizard looks like Croc.

And would WB actually put 2 characters that are similar in their movies? Mr. Freeze is undoubtedly more popular than Captain Cold. And while some of the fans are fine with the similarities, Bat fans out there will be giving it a lot of grief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"