What Do You Want To Do Before You Die?

Resistance61513

Sidekick
Reaction score
The Sheltering Sky

“Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well.
Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really.
How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood,
an afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it?
Perhaps four, five times more, perhaps not even that.
How many more times will you watch the full moon rise?
Perhaps 20.
And yet it all seems limitless.”

- Paul Bowles​

I'm not sure if a thread like this has been done before? To be quite honest, I didn't use the search feature. If there is/has been a thread, I apologize for not bumping it.

For a while, I've been toying with this idea for a thread on here. I finally had the notion to sit down and put it out there. Something I find truly fascinating about life is it's limitless potential. What one is able to achieve in their time on this Earth. Time that is, as the quote above illustrates, is not necessarily guaranteed.

I love hearing about people's hopes, goals, achievements, dreams...it's very intriguing to venture through vicariously the trials and tribulations they overcome. That's where this thread comes in...it's a very simple premise but one I think could potentially be enjoyable.

The question is simple, what do you want to do before you die?

In this life, what is something you've always wanted to do/hope to accomplish in the allotted time you have? If you have something you're hoping to accomplish/cross off before you die, and don't mind sharing, please post it here. If you are like me and are interested in others accomplishments, please post a follow up here when you've achieved/completed it.

Hopefully this thread manages to take off. As I've said, hearing the accomplishments of others/what people hope to set out and achieve is fascinating.

I have many things on my bucket list but, for now...I'll start by posting three of them.

Before I die, I hope to:​
- Write a book.

- Design a video game.

- Start my own video game company.​

If people are opened to this idea, I look forward to hearing what you all have to share.

All the best.

Last edited:
Take you all with me! :argh:

Take you all with me! :argh:

tumblr_mly7zdECET1s5yp75o1_500.gif

Two chicks at the same time.

There's so many things I'd like to do in my life - but I never like saying, I want to do this, this and this. I'd rather just enjoy what life throws at me and, whenever possible, do something different. I wouldn't want life to become a checklist.

To find a way to use the word "striation" in a Hype post.

Well by George, there it is. I'll be seeing all of you on the other side, I guess.

Discover an asteroid of 12 miles in diameter heading straight for Earth.

Finish posting thi

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"