Sequels What do you want to happen in the sequel?

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
Topic.

Lets get one thing straight here: NO FUNNY ****N NO HEARTLESS CRAP, NOTHING THAT OBIVIOUSLY WON'T HAPPEN.

- Project Cadmus

- LexCorp???

- Metallo (S:TAS origin) = villain

- More action

- Lois discovering Superman's identity???

- Arguments between Superman and Lois about Jason and parenthood
and other junk like that

- Open the movie with Richard and Lois already separated (Richard didn't
take the news about Jason's real father too well)

- Lex attacking Superman's heart (attacking his son and Lois)

- Martha Kent and Ben Hubbard

- Perhaps a beefier Daily Planet cast

- Superman's costume torn and battle ravaged (beaten to almost death)

Brainiac comes Earth, tries to blow up the Earth, kills Richard (they have to get rid of him, he isn't a jerk, but he still has to be done away so supes and Lois can get together), Superman gets really pissed and beats the crap out Brainiac.

Whatever happens in it, I want to see Bizarro done in a serious and non-campy way.

I don't believe there will be a "sequel."

Next time we see Superman, it will be different actors, writers, and director. This first movie cost too much and well, have you read Ebert's review, lol.

superman flyby a star wars rip off

JK I want an origin story and that is what is going to happen

What I want?

* Jason sent off to Camp Kandor.
* Lois and Richard separated, since we all know who she really loves anyway.
* A villain who's actually a physical threat, preferably one that comes FROM the comics as opposed to being a corporeal version of Superman's dark side, being assimilated by a super-computer, or being created from Superman's cells and hatching from the sun.
* Luthor shoved into the background for once in the history of the Superman film franchise.
* Less Donner homages - the theme music will do just fine, thank you.

thorstone said:

Next time we see Superman, it will be different actors, writers, and director. This first movie cost too much and well, have you read Ebert's review, lol.
go to Imdb search Superman 2009 is a untitled Superman Returns sequel

thorstone said:

Are you serious?!?!?!

You would wait another 19 years for a redo???? SR may have had its flaws but its not Batman and Robin or Superman IV.

- Not cutting corners to conveniently get rid of Richard and Lois' relationship

- A physical sparring partner, be it Metallo or Doomsday.

- Brainiac controlling all of earth's electronics and causing heck for Superman

- Lex Luthor being instrumental in saving the world alongside Superman

- Lois Lane being hardcore, an army brat intimidating reporter...

- Jason saving Superman

Lex and Braniac make a deal with each other. Lex becomes a political figure and starts up Lexcorp. With new technology from Braniac he is able to create Metallo as a formidable opponent for Superman. Eventually Braniac takes over Lexcorp and the city is under his control now. So Supes must overcome Metallo while trying to uncover the source of the city being under seige.

thorstone said:

Ebert gave Daredevil a thumbs up and not SR... That's wrong :o

- Lex is not jailed because his Mansion is burned down, and his ship sank into the ocean. There was no evidence.

- Lex blames Superman for the growing island, and eventually the world becomes split on Superman.

- Lex invests in a company and takes over, making Lex Corp.

- Using blood from the piece of kryptonite he broke into Superman's side, he creates Bizarro.

- Lex's Scientists find that due to the blood's extensive exposure to Kryptonite, Bizarro's cellular structure is slowly breaking down.

- Bizarro has memories of Krypton, Lois, etc, that only Superman had. He starts to believe he's Superman and that Superman himself is a phony.

- After fighting, and more and more memories come to Bizarro, he becomes confused. He then turns on Lex and goes a-wol.

I could keep going, but I'm tired. LOL

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
Ebert gave Daredevil a thumbs up and not SR... That's wrong :o

He is wrong about Daredevil (that movie does nothing but suck), but he is right about SR; it just didn't do it for me. It was way to much a tribute to the old films. All I wanted to carry over was the music and Brando. This is a sequel, which makes it a horrible idea from concept to finish considering the old movies weren't exactly awesome by today's standards and they kinda already did sequels twenty years ago and they had the original actors and they sucked without debate (here's an idea, let's make up a villain that never existed in the comics and dress him like a stripper at a gay bar?).

Through the whole SReturns film Brandon was playing Reeves playing Superman playing Kent. I want an original portrayl of Superman; this movie felt made for TV. Where did all the money go? The Kryptonite sets? Two hundred and fifty million dollars...I would have delivered the greatest piece of film in history...the flying scenes looked like they were done twenty years ago (there has to be a more practical way). I want less CGI enhancement of scenes (that is why it looked made for TV); it was overworked. And generally the movie felt surreal the whole time, way too comic book world (reminds me of a problem with the recent Batman); it took itself far too seriously (Lane--Pulitzer Prize?). No, I have a better example of WTF; doing a live news report on board a test flight.

The first movie cost too much and didn't explode at the box office like Warner wanted, the super hero craze is dying, mainly because there have been too many crappy movies based on crap characters (F4) with unbelievably poor casting. I simply don't expect WB to invest in a sequel that is likely to cost more than the first to make.

If there is a direct sequel, they would likely fail with a laughable far fetched character like Brainiac rather than delivering an alien for Superman to fight (Darkseid/Doomsday).

thorstone said:
He is wrong about Daredevil (that movie does nothing but suck), but he is right about SR; it just didn't do it for me. It was way to much a tribute to the old films. All I wanted to carry over was the music and Brando. This is a sequel, which makes it a horrible idea from concept to finish considering the old movies weren't exactly awesome by today's standards and they kinda already did sequels twenty years ago and they had the original actors and they sucked without debate (here's an idea, let's make up a villain that never existed in the comics and dress him like a stripper at a gay bar?).

Through the whole SReturns film Brandon was playing Reeves playing Superman playing Kent. I want an original portrayl of Superman; this movie felt made for TV. Where did all the money go? The Kryptonite sets? Two hundred and fifty million dollars...I would have delivered the greatest piece of film in history...the flying scenes looked like they were done twenty years ago (there has to be a more practical way). I want less CGI enhancement of scenes (that is why it looked made for TV); it was overworked. And generally the movie felt surreal the whole time, way too comic book world (reminds me of a problem with the recent Batman); it took itself far too seriously (Lane--Pulitzer Prize?). No, I have a better example of WTF; doing a live news report on board a test flight.

The first movie cost too much and didn't explode at the box office like Warner wanted, the super hero craze is dying, mainly because there have been too many crappy movies based on crap characters (F4) with unbelievably poor casting. I simply don't expect WB to invest in a sequel that is likely to cost more than the first to make.

If there is a direct sequel, they would likely fail with a laughable far fetched character like Brainiac rather than delivering an alien for Superman to fight (Darkseid/Doomsday).

Brandon and Christopher's Supermans were similar, but not the same. Brandon's seemed a bit more mysterious to me.

Also, you have to remember that a lot of stuff was cut out, unfortunately.

As for the flying looking like 20 years ago, I think you're smoking crack or something.

No Bizarro It Can't Work

And Darksied, Brainiac, Doomsday, etc would all work? Riiight... Bizarro (if done right) could be a very intresting villian.

something kryptonian -- zod or brainiac...pleeaase.

Fire Singer and the writer and a new suit that is an update of Reeves. Yeah it is a bad manip, but something along the lines of this:

supes_shoulda_look_like.jpg

buggs0268 said:
Fire Singer and the writer and a new suit that is an update of Reeves. Yeah it is a bad manip, but something along the lines of this:

supes_shoulda_look_like.jpg

i like the new suit just give more of a neck line and brighten it up a bit otherwise love the new suit much more.... the old reeve suit looks WAYYYY out dated along with the grandma panties

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"