Homecoming What do you WANT to happen with the Spider-Man franchise?

harryoscop

Avenger
Reaction score
This thread is not for what should happen and it's not for what will likely happen, it's for what you want to happen.

We've had this thread before, right?

Anyway...

I want a Spider-Man movie. Dat's it.

I was hoping someone would make this thread. :p

My vote goes to keeping Andrew Garfield and continuing with TASM3 without Marvel. As much as I'd like to see a Black Cat spinoff, I think Sony needs to put all of those on hold for now and focus on making the third film as great as can be. I definitely would not be against keeping Andrew and bringing him into the MCU, but I prefer Spider-Man best as a solo hero, so I really don't mind that he's been off in his own universe as of yet. Not to mention we'd probably get Spidey films less often if he had to be fit into the Marvel schedule.

No interest whatsoever in a reboot and as much as I like Tobey, he's had his time.

I want Marvel Studios to reboot the franchise, with it focusing on a fresh out of college Spider-Man.

Reboot Spider-Man with Marvel. No more Sony. No more Marc Webb. No more Andrew Garfield.

I think Sony should scrap or delay Sinister Six, just stick with TASM3 for now. Should TASM3 be a success then revisit the idea of Sinister Six film, but it has to be a Spider-Man vs. The Sinister Six kind of film, not the lame idea of the Six being the main focus and Spidey possibly not having a role in the film like it was before. Otherwise I don't want it. Andrew Garfield needs to return as Spider-Man, if not than I'm not interested in any film set in TASM universe without him.

Should Sony decide to press reset yet again, they need to do it with Marvel behind it, otherwise another reboot from the same studio in such a short span of time will mostly likely flop even harder than it would if Sony had just moved forward with TASM3.

I would actually like to see TASM series put in the MCU continuity, but with the aftermath of TASM2, it won't happen. Sad, at one time it was actually possible.

Options 2 and 7 are all appealing to me

7 most so.

Noooot too sure about TASM3 in the MCU, is it the best of both worlds or just ruining both worlds?

Finish the current series and then Sony can give the rights back to Marvel, allowing them to do their own stuff with the license.

TASM set in MCU, it will improve each franchise. And it would get rid of the annoying MCU fanboys who constantly hate on TASM

I'd just let Marvel do what they want.

If that doesn't happen. Fire Avi and continue with TASM.

Finish the current series and then Sony can give the rights back to Marvel, allowing them to do their own stuff with the license.

Sony isn't giving spidey back. This is a pretty ongoing misconception - any deal going on between the two conglomerates is about them coming to a compromise.

with that being said, continuing the asm series (without it being in the mcu) is continuing the delay of spidey being in the mcu, and I don't want that.

Sony isn't giving spidey back. This is a pretty ongoing misconception - any deal going on between the two conglomerates is about them coming to a compromise.

with that being said, continuing the asm series (without it being in the mcu) is continuing the delay of spidey being in the mcu, and I don't want that.

Sure, you're being more specific about it, but we both know that in some way, no matter how many years it will take to happen, the Spider-Man license will be handled by Marvel Studios, and it's not only with the web head, franchises like F4 and X-Men will be back as well. It's only a matter of time.

Sure, you're being more specific about it, but we both know that in some way, no matter how many years it will take to happen, the Spider-Man license will be handled by Marvel Studios, and it's not only with the web head, franchises like F4 and X-Men will be back as well. It's only a matter of time.

yeahh I suppose, but that's way down the road man. But hey, anything is possible.

Personally, I find crossovers more exciting when different studios actually do it. That's why I'd rather sony keep spidey but just work with disney.

fox on the other hand doesn't want to play nice at all.

I'd like Sony to keep Garfield and do ASM3 and a Black Cat spinoff. I could do without Sinister Six or Venom, so it's between the first two for me. I guess I'll go with option #1.

why would anyone want the asm series to continue as its own franchise and not part of mcu?

Give it to Marvel, reboot the fRICK out of this series, please and thank u

Its like the least likely but I want AG and asm3 in the MCU. The reason is I loved asm2 and I liked asm1 and I don't understand the hate and AG is the perfect sm but form all of the rumors and emails is sounds like asm3 with sony could be bad and I mean really bad has it sounds like they just don't know what to do.

why would anyone want the asm series to continue as its own franchise and not part of mcu?

In my case, I didn't like The Avengers, and in general I've found the shared universe fever to be a liability.

Last edited:
I'd rather Spidey come back to marvel. I've seen enough of Sonys attempts at web head.

I think so has public that is why box office gets less and less last two movies.

Hasn't domestic declined since spiderman 1 or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"