Homecoming What do you WANT to happen with the Spider-Man franchise?

I'd like a Sinister Six movie. If it is well written, with a decent and competent director, it could be a great restart I think. Maybe the right person to do this job IS Drew Goddard. And Dane Dehaan as main character.

Then, "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" with Andrew and Marc. I think a nice plot could include a regular villian, like Shocker. But the real conflict could be Peter dealing with himself 'cause he doesn't think he could be Spider-Man anymore if he let the people he cares die. Maybe Black Cat could be a love interesting, but just as a detonator for Spidey to became again the superhero we always know.

Then, a Venom movie, "The Amazing Spider-Man 4", a female lead spin-off, "The Amazing Spider-Man 5", and to conclude, a film based on Spider-Verse.

Actually, I like very much Sony Pictures future plans for Spider-Man.
Finally someone else who agrees! I like quite a few of Sony's plans as well.

I do have my doubts about a Sinister Six movie (and that's why I voted for them to focus on TASM3 first) but I think that if they could pull that movie off, it has the potential to be like nothing we've seen before in a comic book movie, focusing on the villain's instead of the hero. Dane would be great in the leading role, since he stole the show for me during a lot of the second film.

I do like your ideas too. :up: Plus it would be cool to see Tobey Maguire show up in a Spider-Verse film. :funny:

All in all, Sony hasn't disappointed me with the movies so far but I will be very disappointed if we get a Marvel-reboot instead of a continuation of this great franchise.

I'd like a Sinister Six movie. If it is well written, with a decent and competent director, it could be a great restart I think. Maybe the right person to do this job IS Drew Goddard. And Dane Dehaan as main character.

Then, "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" with Andrew and Marc. I think a nice plot could include a regular villian, like Shocker. But the real conflict could be Peter dealing with himself 'cause he doesn't think he could be Spider-Man anymore if he let the people he cares die. Maybe Black Cat could be a love interesting, but just as a detonator for Spidey to became again the superhero we always know.

Then, a Venom movie, "The Amazing Spider-Man 4", a female lead spin-off, "The Amazing Spider-Man 5", and to conclude, a film based on Spider-Verse.

Actually, I like very much Sony Pictures future plans for Spider-Man.

good sugestions.I really want future films to be conting from ASM,my favorate spider-man film,and ASM2 and not a reboot.

I agree with bringing in Black cat.

good sugestions.I really want future films to be conting from ASM,my favorate spider-man film,and ASM2 and not a reboot.

I agree with bringing in Black cat.
:up:

Her role was really short, but I loved Felicity Jones as Felicia in ASM2. Really hope we get to see her return as Black Cat.

One option that is missing, that has been suggested before by others, is a Tobey/Andrew team up. Give both guys a good ending to their run as Spiderman, then over to Marvel.

well in the source material, all the characters live in a shared universe.

how do you figure it is a liability?

I'm not concerned about the movies being true to the comics. As for being a liability:

- I'm not a big fan of the "everything but the kitchen sink" approach to mythos. Focus is good. Tossing it in with Norse gods and stuff also increases the needed suspension of disbelief unnecessarily.

- I don't watch all of the MCU movies, and putting the Spider-Man movies in there adds the risk that I might not fully know what's going on in an ASM film. Even if The Amazing Spider-Man 3 doesn't assume any prior knowledge, time spent tying it into the MCU is time taken away from the Spider-Man stuff. ASM 2 suffered from a lack of focus, with the multiple villains and Peter looking into his dad, so I'm not going to look at that and decide that what was needed to fix it was a scene or two or three where he meets with Nick Fury. Easily my favorite thing to come out of the MCU's shared nature was Black Widow being in Iron Man 2 and Captain America 3, and Spider-Man doesn't need Black Widow, he has his own female characters he can and should be developing.

This thread is not for what should happen and it's not for what will likely happen, it's for what you want to happen.

Well,given the question, in my wildest dreams, I'd love the Raimi films integrated with the MCU. They have a very similar tone that would work complementary. Have another two or three films before recasting.

I'm 99.999999999% sure that'll never happen, so I'm content for Marvel to get Spidey,reboot,recast and go to town.

That was the exact choice I was trying to decide between because I really want a Black Cat spinoff!

I ended up going for the other choice, but I kinda wish I could change it go with the one you chose too.

Well in my case, I've loved everything about the franchise as is and I've always preferred Spider-Man as a solo hero, so I like him being off in how own little universe.

I'd choose them moving into the MCU if it was the only way to keep the TASM series going, but other than that I like it on it's own.

that's definitely not the only way to keep asm going. they don't need any assistance with that.

but I gotta tell you man, you're in the minority for preferring this franchise so much and I hate the notion of spidey being in his own universe. I WANT to see him interacting with stark, cap, everyone.

you got a cute avy though. I love it.

Half of this includes Andrew. He's been fired. Move on people. TASM3 is dead.

I'm not concerned about the movies being true to the comics.
I am. These films wouldn't be here without the source material.
As for being a liability:

- I'm not a big fan of the "everything but the kitchen sink" approach to mythos. Focus is good. Tossing it in with Norse gods and stuff also increases the needed suspension of disbelief unnecessarily.

- I don't watch all of the MCU movies, and putting the Spider-Man movies in there adds the risk that I might not fully know what's going on in an ASM film. Even if The Amazing Spider-Man 3 doesn't assume any prior knowledge, time spent tying it into the MCU is time taken away from the Spider-Man stuff. ASM 2 suffered from a lack of focus, with the multiple villains and Peter looking into his dad, so I'm not going to look at that and decide that what was needed to fix it was a scene or two or three where he meets with Nick Fury. Easily my favorite thing to come out of the MCU's shared nature was Black Widow being in Iron Man 2 and Captain America 3, and Spider-Man doesn't need Black Widow, he has his own female characters he can and should be developing.
all the mcu films do it and they've been successful. I think I understand what you mean if you mean that the focus of non-avengers films is tying it into each other and it not being its own full story just because of that, so for that I can understand but they're still good films. Maybe bringing spidey into the mcu will help resolve that issue but they already have phase 3 planned out.

I've said this in the other thread. I want a deal between Sony and Marvel, something like this:

SPIDER-MAN SOLO MOVIES
Marvel Studios have creative control with assurances made to Sony (like they won't kill off the character)
Sony & Marvel co-produce the films (percentages TBD)
Disney markets
Sony distributes and keeps distribution fee
Sony & Marvel share in the profits (percentages TBD)
Sony maintains BluRay/DVD/Digital rights
Marvel maintains merchandizing rights

OTHER MARVEL FILMS WITH SPIDER-MAN APPEARING
Marvel Studios have creative control with assurances made to Sony (like they won't kill off the character)
Sony receives a license fee and/or percentage of the profits

The key is to have Marvel Studios in creative control. My ideal is for Feige to hire Greg Weisman to be in charge of mapping out Spidey solo films. Then get Joss Whedon to direct. They would cast a young Peter (17-23) and let the actor age and grow with the character. Start him in high school, about 6 months after becoming Spider-Man. Have him cameo on the NYC Netflix shows, notable Daredevil. Have him cameo in Civil War and have him appear in Infinity War (a perfect set up for getting the symbiote). The advantage of co-producing with Sony is you can get Spidey films in addition to the already announced slate, without causing delays.

If, Sony outright sells the rights back to Marvel (doubtful), I'd like a Netflix show, very similar to Spectacular Spider-Man. I'd like Greg Weisman on it as showrunner. Have the show done by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon, & Maurissa Tancharoen. This is the best way to develop the character and supporting cast and explore the vast mythos. Again start in high school and work your way through college and post college. He would still get solo movies, but centered on events, like the Sinister Six and The Night Gwen Stacy Died. And of course appearances in other Marvel films and Netflix shows.

The best thing they could do is reboot Spider-Man with a 2020 solo movie produced by Marvel, but not give him an origin story again. Just give us a pre-opening run-down on his story. Cast an actor that can do a closed mini-series, but also having the potential to blow up on the big screen just in time for Infinity War would be great. Have the series take place after he's been bitten, and he's still a fledgling Spider-Man, but in no need of an origin story. There's no cannon beyond Peter being Spider-Man for a period of time after Avengers 1 and 2. We can start by him chronicling events after both films as a photographer for the Daily Bugle with him moonlighting as Spider-Man in his off-hours. The season could end with a lead-in to Infinity War Part I in 2018 and set up for a new trilogy of movies afterwards. I'd include a post-credits scene in Part II where Spider-Man brings the symbiote to Earth which would set up his own solo film the following year...

Spider-Man: The Alien Costume

Scorpion as the main villain with a subplot involving Sin Eater. Scorpion goes rogue after he learns that his powers are killing him and there's currently no cure which causes him to seek revenge on Kingpin who Gargan claims tricked him.Eddie Brock names an innocent man as the identity of Sin Eater, but gets fired after his story is proven wrong by Spider-Man who almost kills the real Sin Eater in a fit of rage. Post-credits scene shows Brock become bonded to the symbiote in a church.

I'm not concerned about the movies being true to the comics. As for being a liability:

Agreed on all points.

It seems I'm far in the minority, but I think the filmmakers should be able to tell the stories they want to tell without being forced to follow the comics 100% accurately.

that's definitely not the only way to keep asm going. they don't need any assistance with that.

but I gotta tell you man, you're in the minority for preferring this franchise so much and I hate the notion of spidey being in his own universe. I WANT to see him interacting with stark, cap, everyone.

you got a cute avy though. I love it.
Yeah, I know it's not the only way. I was just saying that that's the only way I'd be happy with Spidey entering the MCU. If it's another reboot, then I just have no interest.

Yep, seems I'm in the minority on quite a few things. :funny: As cool as it'd be to see him interacting with the other characters, Spidey is the one I really care about and I really wouldn't want to see the focus split between him and other characters. I like the TASM franchise too much so far that I'd be a little wary of changing it up so much by inserting it into the MCU.

And thanks, gotta love it. :woot: Once I hit 1k posts I'll be able to make it a size larger.

Half of this includes Andrew. He's been fired. Move on people. TASM3 is dead.
Not confirmed. I'm not believing any rumors until we get official word.

For those of you that don't know, here's a list of everything that was revealed in those leaked emails

Emma Stone as Carnage
Spidey getting rid of his black suit because the Sinister Six make fun of it.
Female Scorpion aka Scorpia
The Sandman being comic relief
Female Venom
100 ft Sandman going on a rampage in London
Tom Hardy as Sandman
TASM2 only making 66 million in profits
Another Spider-Man reboot adapting Kraven's Last Hunt
Ryan Gosling as Spider-Man
Aunt May spinoff
Aunt May being part of the female spinoff
Magic tricks? **** you, magic tricks!

Guys let me know if I missed anything, Lol.

Last edited:
Andrew is a great Spidey and Emma was a great Gwen too. A shame that his movies were under the direction of Sony and not in the MCU. If there's a way to put Andrew in the MCU I say do it, the GA will be more willing to accept a Spidey they already know and are familiar with.

Agreed.

For those of you that don't know, here's a list of everything that was revealed in those leaked emails

Emma Stone as Carnage
Spidey getting rid of his black suit because the Sinister Six make fun of it.
Female Scorpion aka Scorpia
The Sandman being comic relief
Female Venom
100 ft Sandman going on a rampage in London
Tom Hardy as Sandman
TASM2 only making 66 million in profits
Another Spider-Man reboot adapting Kraven's Last Hunt
Ryan Gosling as Spider-Man
Aunt May spinoff
Aunt May being part of the female spinoff
Magic tricks? **** you, magic tricks!

Guys let me know if I missed anything, Lol.

Well I may be in the majority of this opinion of this but: how do we know if those "leaked emails" are legit or real?? It's quite easy for someone to fake this information. I'm not too quick to believe everything I hear on the internet.

Well I may be in the majority of this opinion of this but: how do we know if those "leaked emails" are legit or real?? It's quite easy for someone to fake this information. I'm not too quick to believe everything I hear on the internet.
Because it's not from the internet, it's from Sony themselves.
Sony was hacked in November, and the hackers released thousands upon thousands of emails. these emails ranged from conversations between executives (Avi Aradx Amy Pascal etc) to personal information about their employees.
That's how we found out about the "Spidey summit" and the deal with Marvel.
The Hackers threatened Sony to not release The Interview and Sony didn't budge.
Eventually the hackers threatened to blow up theaters that showed The Interview, so Sony was forced to pull The Interview from theaters.
Lawsuits are pilling up (including those from celebrities) and Sony is severely damaged now, this makes the deal with Marvel a possibility

Because it's not from the internet, it's from Sony themselves.
Sony was hacked in November, and the hackers released thousands upon thousands of emails. these emails ranged from conversations between executives (Avi Aradx Amy Pascal etc) to personal information about their employees.
That's how we found out about the "Spidey summit" and the deal with Marvel.
The Hackers threatened Sony to not release The Interview and Sony didn't budge.
Eventually the hackers threatened to blow up theaters that showed The Interview, so Sony was forced to pull The Interview from theaters.
Lawsuits are pilling up (including those from celebrities) and Sony is severely damaged now, this makes the deal with Marvel a possibility

I understand what happened, but I'm not ready to fully believe all of those things will happen to spidey until it happens.

Nah man, I'm pretty sure the emails are real. But that doesn't mean any of this would have actually made it to the big screen. I've mentioned this a couple times, but John Campea summed it up best. I'm paraphrasing, but he said, "I send out about 12,000 emails a year. If you read just one of them, it might look like I'm moving to Chicago. If you read another, it might look like I'm planning to buy an expensive new car. But if you read all 12,000 of my emails in context with each other, it would become clear that neither of those things are true." It sounds to me like they're still just spitballing ideas. It doesn't mean any of it would actually end up happening. It could or it couldn't. But some people seem to take just a few hacked emails as complete fact which I think you shouldn't do. We all know how much these movies end up changing before release anyways.

I understand what happened, but I'm not ready to fully believe all of those things will happen to spidey until it happens.
But that's not the point. the point is, these things actually have a possibility of happening!
Sony was actually discussing the possibility of a fricken "Aunt May: The Spy" movie! :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"