Sequels What do you want to see in a sequel?

You have some interesting ideas there.

Thanks. I actually think the writers might do something similar surprisingly enough.

If true, I can see Marvel being able to further build off the storyline of Infinity War for years to come. If stakes and consequences are maintained, I see future films as increasingly interesting.

Last edited:
Found this on youtube. I though it was a pretty good idea.
Basiclly, Mordo is continuing to hunt down magic users. Leads him to clash with Scarlet Witch which leads her to train under Strange for protection.
I'd also hope they can slip in a Brother Voodoo cameo too.
[YT]bAcv7X5eW1c[/YT]

For some reason when I think about what I want the mindless ones to look like all I can think of is the thumb thumbs from spy kids lol

I hope for more globe trotting and clashes with other mystic arts users. If anything let THIS be the film where he gets the title "Sorcerer Supreme". There can be some competition or quest which is about finding the person to have that title. Thus you can dove tail that with Mordo's self imposed mission.

I hope they keep the emphasis on the sorcerer aspect of the character from Ragnarok and Infinity War. Strange seemed more like a bender in his solo film with all the CQC.

Yeah. I wonder what the one image they will finish on in the trailer will be. The one scene or hook that would shock us and get everyone talking.

Strange in hell might be it.

Scarlet Witch in the sequel but if not I would gladly take Clea but it wouldn't surprise me if we get a cameo or 2 from other Avengers in this film

That's exactly what I want.

That is cool. And I want clea and Wanda!

Then I wonder if Rachel's Christine will return for Doctor Strange 2 or was she wiped out in The Snap

I would say she’s under contract so I’m sure she will come back.

I actually still think they’ll pull a Fred in Angel with her and announce she’s actually Clea

so how would Nightmare even be depicted? What actor could do the role? How elaborate should his "morphing" be, since Nightmare can do all kinds of reality warping in his own dimension. I think that the "dream dimension" should also be clarified as well. Just suggesting that "all humans enter the dream dimension when they sleep" is a little wobbly, even by Marvel-science standards.

I kind of picture Nightmare as more elvish and wicked like a twisted midsummers night dream type thing. So like someone like Matt Smith and Ben whishaw.

Do you remember the dream lord from doctor who? Something like that. Kind of like a terrifying fairy tale. In the real world he can’t get you but when you sleep your his. I don’t mind it getting a bit wibbly wobbly although if they wanted too all inception on it they can

So how should Nightmare's agenda differ from, say, Freddy Kruger? As we all know, Nightmare came first by 20+ years or so, but Freddy is embedded in pop culture as this "monster who attacks your dreams".. Presumably, Nightmare has a global focus as opposed to one city or just teenagers. Is he trying to establish some kind of "real world" power base? Or is he trying to do something else? Off the top of my head, I'm thinking, he couldn't be planning to "kill" most of humanity, since that means, essentially, their psychic energy stops (or something along those lines).

Well, let’s be honest. Doctor strange is a lot more family oriented and honestly most of the audience probably have never even see Freddie Krueger

I don't think Dormammu was wasted as he was in the most memorable scene in the movie. Kaecilius was a meh villain though. He was just ok. I would like to see someone like Nightmare added to the mix. Mordo needs a meaty role, too.
When you cast Mads Mikkelsen you should be getting a lot more than ok for your money. :csad:

I think nightmare has a fair chance of being in this film and it will be great to see Mordo again. I really liked Chiwetel in the role.

I actually would like to see a good supernatural based Dr. Strange movie too. He's so powerful in the movies he's pretty much a cosmic superhero. How do we go about grounding it into a dark supernatural film at this point? That's why I'd like to see things just veer into a team based movie maybe incorporating some Lovecraftian based enemies similar to what the comic initially did.

I think Set could be introduced at some point and provide a good tie-in to Conan the Barbarian who I see is appearing on a bunch of Marvel comics covers coming up to celebrate the character now being able to be published by marvel publishing again. The serpent people appeared in Uncanny X-Men annual 1989 (part of the Atlantis based crossover event) that tied them to the Eternals and celestials as well.

Might as well shift focus now. Time to bring the secondary hero mash-up Defenders proper back to Marvel. Defenders Movie

Here's some ideas to set this up:
Formation of team led by Dr. Strange: What do you want to see in a sequel? (thought of this idea after posting something in another thread pertaining to Marvel's endgame The real endgame. Should the MCU ever end?).

Ah heck, here's some of my past thoughts on phase 4 as well (forum search feature not work very well with updates so just condensing everything together if nothing else; I read the other posts too so sorry if comes off as bit self indulgent on my part):

How should the MCU handle FF villains?

MCU Phase IV!
MCU Phase IV!
MCU Phase IV!
MCU Phase IV!

*As new forum not been indexed so search feature not work, went through few past threads today and embarrassed how much time spent on these but oh well...

Haven’t they already done the mcu defenders though?

I think Set could be introduced at some point and provide a good tie-in to Conan the Barbarian who I see is appearing on a bunch of Marvel comics covers coming up to celebrate the character now being able to be published by marvel publishing again.
As fun (and crazy) as having Conan in the MCU would be, I'm afraid it isn't Marvel that owns the film rights to the character.

Haven’t they already done the mcu defenders though?

Yeah, I made that Defenders thread right before Ragnarok came out but noticed the similarity.

The "Revengers" kind of felt that way but I think integrating Dr. Strange and removing Thor key to making it the Defenders. :cwink:

I see the team as pretty much a random hero mashup of Dr. Strange utilizing different fantastical looking characters to lay out the fisticuffs. That being said, I think how the team is formed is key to their identity as a group if presenting them in a film... That Dr. Strange idea as a team-up film for a sequel I think goes with the cosmic powered superhero as opposed to lowkey mystical character with scary supernatural elements that the films have presented so far.

As fun (and crazy) as having Conan in the MCU would be, I'm afraid it isn't Marvel that owns the film rights to the character.

Yeah, I see Nu Image/Millenium films still owns the film rights since acquiring them in 2007 while Marvel Publishing just able to publish comics with the character again... I just doubechecked and see they partnered with Lion's Gate to help make the previous Conan film with Jason Momoa. I assume they tried to partner with Amazon for the Conan TV series? (Perhaps Amazon didn't have to partner with them if Millenium only owns film rights?)

Eitherway, I'm not too torn up by it. Integrating Conan into a Marvel film pertaining before the 2nd Celestial visit would be fun (if going according to how Eternal history seemingly integrated into this within Uncanny X-Men Annual 1989 that features the Serpent people worshipping elder god Set during the 1st visit of Celestials). Although I will say Conan perhaps works better as a non-Marvel film too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"